Post Match Leicester 4 - Newcastle 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the first game that Youri has played for us where he has shown the necessary aggression and effort to go with his undoubted skill and ability.

What the **** are you on about - when he’s on song (which he has been again and again on umpteen occasions) , those are two of his key attributes

I thought we looked a lot more secure at the back as, from what I recall, not once did we try to play out from the back at a goalkick. Kasper just got the ball upfield and we build from there. Whilst I like to see a possession based game, they pushed 4 up on us, so it made sense to get in behind as early as possible.

That's not a proper sport though., is it - just blokes driving round in a big circle in cars
And the Premier League is a proper sport with corrupt countries financing teams in competitions organised by corrupt bodies... etc., etc.

What the **** are you on about - when he’s on song (which he has been again and again on umpteen occasions) , those are two of his key attributes
Rubbish. He's never ever shown the amount of passion and drive before, that he had yesterday. He almost looked like a different player. Some of his interceptions and defensive clearances were absolutely outstanding.

And the Premier League is a proper sport with corrupt countries financing teams in competitions organised by corrupt bodies... etc., etc.
It's still a sport, when I'm watching Leicester I don't sit there pondering how Top's family got its money or if they are ethical with their employment rights in Thailand and I'm sure once Newcastle start spending hundreds of millions I don't suppose the Geordies will care about the Saudis either. Its a shame but unfortunately it's the way of the world.

Rubbish. He's never ever shown the amount of passion and drive before, that he had yesterday. He almost looked like a different player. Some of his interceptions and defensive clearances were absolutely outstanding.

God bless you for thinking that

Quality :038:

It's still a sport, when I'm watching Leicester I don't sit there pondering how Top's family got its money or if they are ethical with their employment rights in Thailand and I'm sure once Newcastle start spending hundreds of millions I don't suppose the Geordies will care about the Saudis either. Its a shame but unfortunately it's the way of the world.
Yup, we're all part of the problem.

Extracted from an article in The Athletic published just now.

'Tielemans was everywhere: heading balls clear in his own penalty area, making tackles to win a throw-in that he celebrated with a clenched fist, knitting play together with his clever and forward-thinking passing in the centre of the pitch.

More than anything, Tielemans looked like a footballer who was enjoying himself, totally comfortable in his own skin and relishing the responsibility that Rodgers gives him in this Leicester side. Aged only 24, it says everything that staff and team-mates at Leicester already see him as a coach one day. To put it another way, Tielemans plays a good game and he talks one too.

Technically superb, he has the game intelligence, as well as the ability, to play in a variety of midfield roles and understand them as well. Against Newcastle, there were challenges and interceptions, box-to-box runs and incisive passes, along with an eye for goal and ability to finish. It felt like he was a No 6, No 8 and No 10 rolled into one.'

. It felt like he was a No 6, No 8 and No 10 rolled into one.'

Otherwise known as a central midfielder.

God, I ****ing hate it when players roles are attempted to be defined by a number.

(not aimed at you Volpy!)

Is anyone really surprised that YT looks a much fitter and better player after a rest.

BR was ****ing flogging him to death and he looked like he needed putting out of his misery.

I hope he learns a lesson here that YT doesn't need to play every second of every ****ing game to stay sharp, but I doubt it.

Is anyone really surprised that YT looks a much fitter and better player after a rest.

BR was ****ing flogging him to death and he looked like he needed putting out of his misery.

I hope he learns a lesson here that YT doesn't need to play every second of every ****ing game to stay sharp, but I doubt it.
An important point about being fitter and having had a few weeks off. He did look really jaded this season.

Otherwise known as a central midfielder.

God, I ****ing hate it when players roles are attempted to be defined by a number.

(not aimed at you Volpy!)

I'd say he played more like a false 6, false 8 and a false 10 rolled into one anyway.

'Tielemans was everywhere: heading balls clear in his own penalty area, making tackles to win a throw-in that he celebrated with a clenched fist, knitting play together with his clever and forward-thinking passing in the centre of the pitch.

More than anything, Tielemans looked like a footballer who was enjoying himself, totally comfortable in his own skin and relishing the responsibility that Rodgers gives him in this Leicester side. Aged only 24, it says everything that staff and team-mates at Leicester already see him as a coach one day. To put it another way, Tielemans plays a good game and he talks one too.

Technically superb, he has the game intelligence, as well as the ability, to play in a variety of midfield roles and understand them as well. Against Newcastle, there were challenges and interceptions, box-to-box runs and incisive passes, along with an eye for goal and ability to finish. It felt like he was a No 6, No 8 and No 10 rolled into one.'
Are you using this to back up your comment about him never having done it before?

this just demonstrates why we rate him so highly and what he has done before several times when he has been at his pomp. What was that game in Wembley he ran in May?

That's not a proper sport though., is it - just blokes driving round in a big circle in cars
And football is just blokes kicking a ball around a park trying to get it in a goal, isn't it? ;)

We should make the most of Youri whilst we can. Can’t see him signing a new contract…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566