Post Match Leicester 4 - Newcastle 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent result and performance for the confidence. Newcastle are very poor though, so I'll hold off any suggestion that we have turned a corner for now.

Still, you can only beat what is in front of you, and we did that convincingly.

I’m going to say it: we are a better side with Daka in the lead role. His energy, pressing, and link up play just makes us more active as a team.

Nah. As much as i rate Daka as being a footballer, unlike the other signings......Vardy would've enjoyed today. The opposition really made a difference today.

We were excellent in the second half. BR got the changes and the timing of them right. Newcastle are awful but we played some lovely attacking football.

I really would be tempted to keep Ndidi at CB even if Evans is fit. It just worked better with Ndidi only having to concentrate on one job.
I thought we looked more solid with Ndidi back there. Might be because Newcastle were terrible but he did well.

Nah. As much as i rate Daka as being a footballer, unlike the other signings......Vardy would've enjoyed today. The opposition really made a difference today.
You’re probably right. Good problem to have though.

Nacho will struggle to get a game.

You’re probably right. Good problem to have though.

Nacho will struggle to get a game.

I'd rather we played 2 up front. Any 2 of the 3 would do. Dewberries filled that ****ing huge gap we normally have between central defenders n Vardy/Daka today....quite often there's just most of the field without a Leicester player in it.

People have been having fun with 'Man of the Match' votes on the BBC site:-

Player of the match
Kasey McAteer

with an average of 7.49

Watching the whole recorded game 10 minutes in. Evans gone, castagne booked, wilf and Schmeichel having a nightmare. Are we sure we won 4 nil?????

All post match comments should be slightly tempered by how utterly shit Newcastle were. A truly hilarious arsebiscuit of a performance from them

However….. we totally dominated the game and there were flashes of brilliance all over the pitch - Thomas, Castagne, KDH we’re excellent - Maddison and Tielemans were absolutely outstanding. Daka and Soumare had great second halves, and I thought Wilf did extremely well at CB.

And a massive shout out for our Manager - oft berated (quite rightly) for his baffling substitutions and inability to see the obvious. But today he knocked it out the park. Coming to the last twenty minutes or so they were exerting some real pressure, particularly down the flanks. The Albrighton sub and tactical change killed that dead, and also put us right back onto the font foot. Truly excelllent game management from him.

My only moan today is reserved for the crowd - multiple empty seats in every single block, a complete absence of any atmosphere or noise from start to finish, and literally thousands just ****ed off home when the third went in. No wonder Tielemans is likely to **** off at the end of the season - who wants to play in front of that every week ?

Onwards and upwards. Roll on Thursday

I noticed Tielemans, after his second goal, made a heart shape with his hands and pointed at Brendan, as he made his way back for the kick off

A result to calm the nerves. We needed that.

Half the time, Newcastle seem to come to the KP and win and the other half they come here and roll over. Thankfully, we got the latter lot today.

I thought we benefited from Evans injury. Ndidi going into defence helped him and us. It also seemed to help Soyuncu to play much more like himself.

I want to call out Daka for praise. He is an excellent prospect and, for me, should be our default starting centre forward. His 2 goals and 3 assists in the league works out as a goal involvement every 55 mins. He is much more mobile and pacy than Vardy nowadays. Vardy is a great option from the bench but too many matches pass him by and we just cannot afford to have our striker be the sort of player that performs one game in every three.

Pleased for BR. He was under increasing pressure and really needed that. Especially with Top in attendance and what the atmosphere could have been like had we gone behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669