Post Match Leicester 5 Manchester United 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst Ulloa, Cambiasso and Vardy are getting all the plaudits today (and rightly so) Danny Drinkwater was outstanding today. We are a different side with him in.

...Da Laet following a torrid first half, was absolutely incredible too second half.

We got the rub today, no doubt about it, but we also really deserve some credit in not giving up.

I love Joey. Vote JF you tossers. I have a feeling the Inner Circle may be back soon.. Homer, I will not do that. No.

Wasn't at all impressed with De Laet today, his defending was Manchester-United esque. Remember bitching about his defending just before they got their first goal (which was also down to his piss poor defending). However, at 3-2, he improved and did offer something going forward. Think I'd personally prefer to see Simpson come in and be given a chance.

Otherwise we looked ok, at times we were a bit sloppy. I actually think this is the worst performance we've given this season so far but it was still good enough to beat Man Yoo so can't complain too much when you're winning!

Watched it in a bar in Leeds with my wife and mother in law. Needless to say at 0-2 down they were staying all the annoying usual things non footy fans say 'ohhh you need a goal', 'your going to let in alot more aren't you', 'you'd expect United to beat you'.

They left at half time and I had one of the best times of the my Leicester City Fan life for the next 45 minutes. Amazing.

Wasn't at all impressed with De Laet today, his defending was Manchester-United esque. Remember bitching about his defending just before they got their first goal (which was also down to his piss poor defending). However, at 3-2, he improved and did offer something going forward. Think I'd personally prefer to see Simpson come in and be given a chance.

Otherwise we looked ok, at times we were a bit sloppy. I actually think this is the worst performance we've given this season so far but it was still good enough to beat Man Yoo so can't complain too much when you're winning!

Yeah, just re watching De Laet has already given the ball away a load of times and looking shit in the first 15 minutes. I remember him being much better in the second though.

Vardy was class. What a cross for the first goal.

The most amazing game I have ever witnessed, what a spirit this club has got, to come back from 0-2 and 1-3 was unbelievable, the support and atmosphere from the fans was fantastic, and the reaction by Cambiasso and the rest of the team when he scored shows just how special this guy is, he will be a Foxes great and legend.

I never thought I would witness a side that gave as much passion, quality and never say die attitude after the MON era until now and this side IMO possesses greater ability, enjoy the ride this is truly epic stuff. so so proud of my club.
This. Just this. My voice has gone, my kids cried with joy, just this.

This was one of the best games of football I have seen. It defies analysis but I will make a few general points.

Today these players became legends. I have been sceptical about the use of the word "legend" in the last ten years. Weller and Lineker did not become legends by playing well against Brighton or Doncaster. You become a Leicester legend by playing well against top clubs and top players.

We seem to be better in the second half of games. Somebody whether Pearson or Walsh or probably both is going in at half time and making a difference - it is not the usual "go get 'em lads". Somebody is spotting specific things. I was against Nigel going to the stands but frankly it is working.

In the three games I have attended I have seen some opposition players regarded as "world class." None of them have been as good as Leonardo. I have to add that the Man U defence could not cope with Jamie Vardy. Leonardo and Vardy are both excellent players but judging by today they bring out the best in each other.

The crowd were excellent. Even in the first half when we were 2-1 down the crowd applauded Leicester off sensing that everyone of them was playing his heart out.

Unusually for me I want to make a serious point about the bench. When Cambiasso came off he was clearly animated about something. He tried to communicate with the players on the pitch but from the dugout this was impossible. He then did something I have not seen before: he went into the technical area to make a coaching point to Craig Shakespeare and Kevin Phillips. I don't know what he was saying or whether it affected the game or not. For the rest of the game he was making points to other players. If he was coaching from the bench what must he be like when playing or on the training pitch. I was most impressed.

Last edited:
Cambiasso also said the right things after the match.

Enjoy the result for a day but get on and work hard for the next match. Impressed with his influence on the team though and he took his goal well.

Playing Cambiasso was actually like having a manager on the pitch, so much was he directing all of the other players. Never seen anything quite like it

The whole team were superb, their hard working ethic was awesome and their was a whole lot of quality but what really stands out is the togetherness within the squad, Pearson and his team have done an incredible job in turning this club around........

And Cambiasso I just feckin love this guy what an inspirational signing and such an infectious character

Playing Cambiasso was actually like having a manager on the pitch, so much was he directing all of the other players. Never seen anything quite like it

Sky showed him in the warm up having a really animated chat with Liam seemingly about tactics.

We might even have ourselves a succession plan for when Nigel gets a big four job....

It was fantastic wasn't it? Waving his arms, pointing, shouting, never letting his teammates switch off for a second. I noticed him targeting Moore in particular. Compare that to young Blackett at the back for United, who was left totally exposed time and time again. Most impressively though was how he stuck to his task of man marking Rooney. Sure Rooney got the better of him on several occasions but Cambiasso won the duel in the end, winding Rooney up a treat and taking his eye off the game.

Esteban looks and acts like a winner on the pitch, I don't care if he came here for money or to have his arse kissed, he acts like a man whose won the lot and never wants to be second best. The couple of hours he's spent on the pitch for us so far have been an absolute pleasure and long may it continue!

Un******g believable. That is what makes it all worthwhile. So happy. Vardy was superb and makes £1 million look like the bargain of the century when you look at what they've had to pay, but they all played their part today in what, for me,was the possibly the best result I've enjoyed in more than 40 years (but I am a bit pissed)

Okay, I've calmed down a bit now so can reflect on the game properly.

The positives were clear for all to see. Firstly, the formation was spot on. We matched them all over the pitch. Nugent effectively man-marked Blind. It's a new way tactic others team's have been using this season and it's one we've latched onto and used well. We struggled to cope on the right side of our team. Drinkwater had to cover De Laet constantly and at times he rotated with Hammond to give himself a breather. Drinkwater back in the team made us more sophisticated. Cambiasso was immense. As others have said, it's like having a manager on the pitch. He never shut up or stopped pointing. He was also in the refs ear throughout which is something we've missed for years. It shouldn't be that way, but you need someone with authority to do that sort of thing. Lennon used to do it beautifully. If Cambiasso can stay fit and motivated, he'll be a stunning acquisition. Ulloa was his usual brilliant self. He took his header beautifully and he roughed up their defenders again and again. But Vardy was MOM. His running, energy, attitude, intimidation, cleverness, pace, composure and diving, were all the stuff of legend. Man Utd may be awful defensively, but he'll make better defenders than he faced today shit themselves this season.

The negatives for me were also clear. De Laet, Hammond and Nugent aren't going to be in our strongest eleven once we've settled down. Simpson is simply a better right back and the reality is that team's are exploiting our weakness down that side over and over again. Hammond hasn't the legs for it. He's done terrifically well, but James is a better player in every way. I also think Nugent isn't good enough. Mahrez is a better option and offers so much more. With those three changes, we've got a very capable and competitive side at this level.

This season is getting more and more interesting.

I predicted a 3-3 in the pre-match thread and suggested to the guy next to me just before kick off that we'd be 2-0 down inside 20 mins and come back to get that result. Well, all that did happen but I couldn't have predicted even more with United's capitulation and our utter desire led by a number nine with a wonderful attitude.

There have been several times over the last decade where I've wondered what the feck I'm doing watching City. We've had some really miserably dull times including our worst season ever. But day's like today make it all worthwhile. Their feckin' bench cost £100m. Wonderful stuff.

Agree with every bit of that BN, the only exception being Nugent who I think is playing an important role.

That said, I can definitely see Mahrez or Powell getting a chance in that role soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669