Post Match Leicester 6 Huddersfield 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
would anyone care to compile points gained with and without Whitbread this season?

Great result, great goals.

Good to see Waggy score a good volley, will be interesting to see what happens to our strike force now. I'm sure we would be looking to get some financial return on Beckford. Possibly Vardy out on loan? and Futacs won't want to hang around without game time.

I'm really looking forward to the Boro match in a few weeks.

Waghorn is no better than Vardy. Why would we only want 3 strikers available?

In the first minute there was an incident when Knockaert thought he had scored and went on protesting long enough for Nigel to tell him to shut up. From near the centre it was difficult to tell whether the player or the referee was right. Did the ball actually cross the line?

In the first minute there was an incident when Knockaert thought he had scored and went on protesting long enough for Nigel to tell him to shut up. From near the centre it was difficult to tell whether the player or the referee was right. Did the ball actually cross the line?

From my view (in SK3), I don't think it did, neither did anyone else apart from Knocky.

Waghorn is no better than Vardy. Why would we only want 3 strikers available?

Chris Wood has been brought in because Vardy perhaps hasn't delivered what would have been hoped, perhaps he can move elsewhere and adjust to playing at this level in a less pressured environment?

Waghorn seems to me to be a favourite of Pearson but I would agree he is no better than Vardy. Assuming you were being rhetorical but yes three strikers would be a bit silly, is Schlupp a fully converted LB these days?

Last edited:
I could not see Vardy applying the finsh that Waghorn did yesterday, Waggy is far from great but his ability to strike difficult balls is actually quite great.

Cleared before it went over.

It's unlikely that either club will be ejected from the FA Cup this weekend though, let alone both. That game will almost certainly be rearranged.

I assume this is why tickets are not yet available - or are they usually only available closer to the fixture?

Chris Wood has been brought in because Vardy perhaps hasn't delivered what would have been hoped, perhaps he can move elsewhere and adjust to playing at this level in a less pressured environment?

Leicester & District Sunday Juniors League?

Fantastic win, thought it may not have been our day when the 'goal' in the opening minute wasn't given (looked in from where I was in the East Stand level with that 18-yard box) but credit to the players, they kept their heads down and kept at them and got the early goal.

Great to see Wood get a brace on the debut, 2 more great goals from Knocky and De Laet & Waghorn's were both very good finishes too so very pleasing on the eye if it wasn't the best of games overall. Seemed to be reflected in the atmosphere though that was probably because the majority were nursing hangovers.

Hopefully we can push on from here and get that second spot come the end of the season. Normally I would be joining in with the Cardiff baiting that they will bottle it as per but I feel this year they are gaining enough of a gap before their annual demise ensues. They won't be miles ahead come the end of the year as they aren't a great deal better than any of the top 5 teams but they do look to be building a decent gap so they are still top after a relegation form run.

I assume this is why tickets are not yet available - or are they usually only available closer to the fixture?
Tickets for away matches go on sale to P1 season ticket holders on the closest Monday to two weeks before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669