Post Match Leicester City 0 - 0 Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's that been proven then? Until it's mathematically impossible, nothing's been proven at all.

And do you mean that NIGEL PEARSON is never going to get us promoted? Because that is literally impossible to prove.

It proves that i was right that NIGEL PEARSON isnt the right man for the job and we will never be promoted under NIGEL PEARSON cause it will be literally impossible with him in charge

It proves that i was right that NIGEL PEARSON isnt the right man for the job and we will never be promoted under NIGEL PEARSON cause it will be literally impossible with him in charge

This post is literally bollocks.

NIGEL PEARSON. Just though I'd join it.

Sweet baby Jebus... and he wonders why he gets the flack that he does :icon_roll

Nigel Pearson

Last edited:
On a consistent basis I don't think that is too much of a far-fetched statement.

Change is certainly not going to help matters and until we find some stability we'll continue in this horrible pattern of looking towards next season in February. Pearson is the right man for this job and he at least deserves the next year to prove that.

1. He didn't say consistently, he said "any player." I'd argue Sven signed some good players.

2. I agree, changing manager would be a mistake at this stage. Just as it was a mistake in October.

I bloody knew you could see the capital letters, now use them correctly.

I see the usuals are getting value for money on their bandwagon season tickets - if the poster is that annoying then there is always the ignore list.

EDIT - I do disagree with his opinion as it is bollocks but I do not feel the need to constantly belittle the poor sod!

Last edited:
Come on Homer, that's a bit too petrolly for you!

Since MON the only City Manager who has actually made a decent signing is NP.

Towards the end of the Cardiff playoff season I was so confident in his ability to find players I fully expected us to go up the following season.

With all due respect, that is a load of rubbish, Sven made several brilliant signings, a few currently playing for us now. In his time he only made a couple of 'off' signings, the rest were good, but rather inconsistent.

SGE's signings were probably about 50:50 though in terms of good and the bad, he did make a bloody lot of them though, which can never be helpful to players already at the club.

He did make some excellent signings like Nugent, Kasper, Danns, Naughton, Yakubu, Davies etc, but he certainly made more than a couple of off signings: Bednar, Kirkland, van Aanholt, Bruma, Uchechi, Ricardo, Mills, Banton, Johnson, Ball, Pantsil and arguably Peltier.

Regardless of the manager situation though, I think people are just frustrated because when you look at it because in the space of 12 months (or whatever) we spent ~£11mil on transfer fees on Waghorn, Mills and Beckford and that was only on 3 players and really for £11mil worth of transfer fees you should be building an entire title challenging squad at this level, not just all that on 3 players, 2 of whom haven't performed at all and the other has been inconsistent.

Regardless of who the manager is or was or has been, with the money we have spent over the past 18 months or so we should have built a side which should be at least in the top 2, let alone the top 6.

Last edited:
Regardless of who the manager is or was or has been, with the money we have spent over the past 18 months or so we should have built a side which should be at least in the top 2, let alone the top 6.

And I forgot to mention that that money was spent to supposedly improve on a side which had just finished 5th in the Championship, so we have actually spent all this money and gone backwards, which is the most frustrating thing of all.

Are we still feeling the hangover from Sousa's reign? Was he really that destructive in that short space of time? I know a lot has been said (including quite openly by players) about his pre-season routine and he certainly destroyed the great team morale/great partnerships, understanding and team ethic we had at that time.

Last edited:
I see the usuals are getting value for money on their bandwagon season tickets

Talking of which - I see the prices for next season are obviously not being set until our fate is known. If by some miracle we go up via the play-offs are we to expect a QPR style increase?

And I forgot to mention that that money was spent to supposedly improve on a side which had just finished 5th in the Championship, so we have actually spent all this money and gone backwards, which is the most frustrating thing of all.

Are we still feeling the hangover from Sousa's reign? Was he really that destructive in that short space of time? I know a lot has been said (including quite openly by players) about his pre-season routine and he certainly destroyed the great team morale/great partnerships, understanding and team ethic we had at that time.

Depressing, isn't it.

I think it certainly is a fallout of the PS era, which was never addressed or corrected during SGE's reign.

In my opinion, NIGEL PEARSON is definitely the man to manage us at this level. Whether we'll ever make the PL or not, who knows, but Sven was clearly lacking. Anyone who went to the matches could see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669