Post Match Leicester City 0 - 0 Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of which - I see the prices for next season are obviously not being set until our fate is known. If by some miracle we go up via the play-offs are we to expect a QPR style increase?

Probably. But it's partly why they've invested so much.

It's a problem that I'd like to have come May.

Yeah but some of Sven's signings haven't even been aceeptable Championship players - Paintsil, Ball, Johnson... .

Is he really that bad? He appears to be one of the best centre backs from Ghana. How did they make any progress in the ACON if he is that bad?

With the exception of a couple of great loans (Cleverley and Davies) who are these superb signings, and where are they now?

Of course most have either departed or are not the same players they used to be, but Pearson generally seems to find the right players for the job. In League One it was the likes of Dyer, Brown and Tunchev, not to mention the aforementioned loanees. Wellens, Hobbs, Gallagher and Waghorn were excellent the following year.

I'm generally quite pessimistic about Leicester's fortunes but with Pearson at the helm I'm genuinely quite hopeful that next season can be a good one. The deadwood is slowly creeping out the door and it shouldn't be too long before we have a familiar squad that should be capable of stringing some useful results together.

Anyone expect different? You have had all season to get used to the way we are, I think people need to calm down and have a breather.

Of course most have either departed or are not the same players they used to be, but Pearson generally seems to find the right players for the job. In League One it was the likes of Dyer, Brown and Tunchev, not to mention the aforementioned loanees. Wellens, Hobbs, Gallagher and Waghorn were excellent the following year.

I'm generally quite pessimistic about Leicester's fortunes but with Pearson at the helm I'm genuinely quite hopeful that next season can be a good one. The deadwood is slowly creeping out the door and it shouldn't be too long before we have a familiar squad that should be capable of stringing some useful results together.

Out of that list, I would accept that Tunchev was a quality signing: nobody could be expected to foresee his injury problems. The other luminaries have hardly changed the face of football - they are average Championship players, at best, which was as good as could be expected, when we were in the First Division, but will not get us out of the Championship.

Is he really that bad? He appears to be one of the best centre backs from Ghana. How did they make any progress in the ACON if he is that bad?

Well first of all he's a right back, not a centre back. He may well be a good player, but that doesn't mean he's not been a shit signing for us. Under two managers he's hardly featured at all - Pearson said when he came in that everyone would have the opportunity to prove themselves and would get a clean slate... if he's got the quality and he's not in the team then surely there must be reasons why which aren't known to us? Or maybe he's trading on past glories and he's just had it now? Whenever he played for us, he looked ropey to say the least. I'm not being funny either, but the ACON isn't exactly the highest standard of football. Ghana had to play teams like Mali, Guinea and Botswana to get through and promptly lost to the only half decent team they had to play - Tunisia. When the winners of the entire tournament are Zambia then you know it's not exactly the World Cup.

Well first of all he's a right back, not a centre back. He may well be a good player, but that doesn't mean he's not been a shit signing for us. Under two managers he's hardly featured at all - Pearson said when he came in that everyone would have the opportunity to prove themselves and would get a clean slate... if he's got the quality and he's not in the team then surely there must be reasons why which aren't known to us? Or maybe he's trading on past glories and he's just had it now? Whenever he played for us, he looked ropey to say the least. I'm not being funny either, but the ACON isn't exactly the highest standard of football. Ghana had to play teams like Mali, Guinea and Botswana to get through and promptly lost to the only half decent team they had to play - Tunisia. When the winners of the entire tournament are Zambia then you know it's not exactly the World Cup.

Nobody tell me that NP hasn't got a sense of humour! :icon_bigg

Sven was still figuring out his best side when he got fired. I feel he would have got there eventually.

He would also have provided a level of consistency to the system we play, the players we play in it, the tactics, etc etc.

For better or worse when Sven was sacked we had to go through a massive adjustment period, during which the results were very poor. Had Sven stayed, instead of spending xmas shedding squad members, changing formations and implementing a new style of play we would have had a more settled side, and therefore more points.

This isn't a debate about whether Sven is better than Pearson, it's a debate about whether our position is better or worse than it would have been had Sven been retained.

And I still don't get the mentality that Sven signed a load of shit. Some of his signings have been pretty good.

I would think that the owners became very concerned about just how much money Sven was going to want to spend in the process. Overall I think that there are some signs of modest improvement - tho' this is debateable. The main thing is that Pearson is more likely to achieve greater financial sustainability - and that's going to be extremely difficult whilst trying to improve playing prospects.

I would think that the owners became very concerned about just how much money Sven was going to want to spend in the process. Overall I think that there are some signs of modest improvement - tho' this is debateable. The main thing is that Pearson is more likely to achieve greater financial sustainability - and that's going to be extremely difficult whilst trying to improve playing prospects.

BUT, the board did not come in for fiscal stability! They want a Premier League Club. It is a rich man's toy, not a business opportunity.

BUT, the board did not come in for fiscal stability! They want a Premier League Club. It is a rich man's toy, not a business opportunity.

They also have finite wealth and are not complete idiots.

Sven spent far too much to be sitting in mid table. And anyone who watched the football saw that there was no real improvement or signs of the team gelling from one match to another.

How many pension funds do you find investing in football clubs? It is a financial sink.

How many football club owners have infinite wealth?

Their money was being pissed away and Sven was clearly not using it very effectively considering the amount spent.

How many football club owners have infinite wealth?

Their money was being pissed away and Sven was clearly not using it very effectively considering the amount spent.

No, you are quite correct: it is much better to argue with your record cost centre back, belittle him by only playing him against Kettering, and spend a million on a replacement. :102:

No, you are quite correct: it is much better to argue with your record cost centre back, belittle him by only playing him against Kettering, and spend a million on a replacement. :102:

Once it's been spent, there's not a lot you can do about it. NP decided that, for whatever reason, Morgan is a better investment, and that's absolutely fine with me. I'd have loved Mills to come here and live up to his price tag and expectations, but he hasn't. It's not NP's fault that he cost £5m (less add-ons that won't be met).

Would you use the same argument for not signing a replacement for Akinbiyi? Cost is irrelevant once it's been finalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669