Leicester City 1 - 0 Nottm Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest got beaten up. Fact. They were clueless second half as they simply couldn't contain wave upon wave of blue. Bloody outclassing. Marvellous. Sven, Sven, wherever we may be, Eriksson's got a big willy, Homer said it was, the largest he had seen when he had a three with Fazackeeerrrrllllyyyyyyyyyyy...

Right, much to the chagrin of Blue Maniac who does so loathe me commenting on games:

Got to watch this one on a proper telly and everything and would echo much of what many of you have said.

I thought Cunningham looked tidy down the left hand side and there was a moment in the game where he gave Wellens a right bollocking, which I think is good to see from your young defenders.

Speaking of Wellens, I thought that he was superb today particularly in the final 20 minutes of the game and that cheeky nutmeg towards the end was sublime. The midfield as a unit looked very good. A far cry from the Oakley/King partnership that Sousa was trying to fob off as an actual midfield. Abe, as everyone has said, seems to be a very good player.

I'm a Gallagher fan and he has played well when I've been able to watch him in the past but I found his performance a bit frustrating today. He missed a couple of decent chances and the flow of play often slowed to a crawl when he received the ball wide. I couldn't help but think that Dyer on one wing and Vassell on the other would be almost unplayable at this level. Also, his corners were (and I assume have been) woeful.

Bednar, same as the rest of you...got beat up a bit and his first touch was poor. That said, he was probably playing against one of the most physical defenders in the league and he won't be dealing with Morgan week in, week out.

All in all, a superb performance and I'm not sure all of our players are in full gear yet (Vassell, Bednar, Hobbs) and when they hit form we'll be flying.

Oh, and for me the Vassell pen was nailed on.

Finally I was very impressed with the impact Nathan Tyson made when he came on. Blistering pace. Looks a decent player on that performance. Didn't notice much else of note from Forest, who seemed a wee bit lost.

How were the pies?

Don’t get to see the city much nowadays but I have to say we looked good last night, still no where near the finished article but very good none the less. Vaseel looks an excellent addition for this level and if Abe keeps turning in performances like that where he runs midfield and pulls the strings then we will struggle to hang on to him.

King looked good as well and with a bit of match sharpness Bednar should bag a few. Still not sure about Davies (never understand why dirty villa spent that much on him in the 1st place) at the back to be honest but he is okay for the championship.

If we can add consistent goalscoring from the front to that type of performance then we should be fine and should be competing near the type 8 come the end of the season.

Honestly? his sheer presence alone gives me confidence. By far the best CB we have had at the club since the PREM. (possibly pushed by a fit Tunch).

Never worth what Villa spent on him but thats just typical of the game.

Right, much to the chagrin of Blue Maniac who does so loathe me commenting on games:

Got to watch this one on a proper telly and everything and would echo much of what many of you have said.

I thought Cunningham looked tidy down the left hand side and there was a moment in the game where he gave Wellens a right bollocking, which I think is good to see from your young defenders.

Speaking of Wellens, I thought that he was superb today particularly in the final 20 minutes of the game and that cheeky nutmeg towards the end was sublime. The midfield as a unit looked very good. A far cry from the Oakley/King partnership that Sousa was trying to fob off as an actual midfield. Abe, as everyone has said, seems to be a very good player.

I'm a Gallagher fan and he has played well when I've been able to watch him in the past but I found his performance a bit frustrating today. He missed a couple of decent chances and the flow of play often slowed to a crawl when he received the ball wide. I couldn't help but think that Dyer on one wing and Vassell on the other would be almost unplayable at this level. Also, his corners were (and I assume have been) woeful.

Bednar, same as the rest of you...got beat up a bit and his first touch was poor. That said, he was probably playing against one of the most physical defenders in the league and he won't be dealing with Morgan week in, week out.

All in all, a superb performance and I'm not sure all of our players are in full gear yet (Vassell, Bednar, Hobbs) and when they hit form we'll be flying.

Oh, and for me the Vassell pen was nailed on.

Finally I was very impressed with the impact Nathan Tyson made when he came on. Blistering pace. Looks a decent player on that performance. Didn't notice much else of note from Forest, who seemed a wee bit lost.
What he said :038:

Doesn't the foul have to be in the area though :102:
If it was not in the area then I'll take my claim back but on the stream that I was watching it looked in the area (blame it on iraq tv!). I think we can definately agree his legs were taken though.

TBH I thought we were very average last night, just got the breaks we needed. Felt we played better at Bristol City. We certainly didn't play anywhere near as well as we did against Derby

Not that I give a flying ****!

Sven, Sven, wherever we may be, Eriksson's got a big willy, Homer said it was the largest he had seen, when he had a three with Fazackeeerrrrllllyyyyyyyyyyy...

Sven, Sven, wherever we may be, Eriksson's got a big willy, Homer said it was, the largest he had seen when he had a three with Fazackeeerrrrllllyyyyyyyyyyy...[/i]

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::038::038::038:

I had a look at the forest forums to see how they reacted and they have that silly superiority complex, they played bad and not us playing good etc.

I had a look at the forest forums to see how they reacted and they have that silly superiority complex, they played bad and not us playing good etc.

How many fans don't have this complex? :102:

I can't remember a loss where afterwards people have said on here "we played really well but they were just better" or similar. Everyone thinks their team are almost capable of beating anyone in the league.

Not good enough and deserved to lose.

Not that it mattered a great deal but thought that the ref was overly penalising Morgan and appeared to give nigh on everthing your way.

However - not good enough and best team on the night won.

Credit where credit's due, Rich B was magnanimous in defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669