Post Match Leicester City 1 Charlton Athletic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wholeheartedly agree. This is a very average league to say the least. The worrying thing is that we have spent so much and have delivered so little. Let's put our current team into perspective compared with predecessors. Expensive and over paid players, yet and (unlikely) to achieve the heights of the teams that were promoted under Wallace, Milne, O'Neill and Adams. Most of them are essentially football mercenaries, a la most of their peers, with no loyalty towards the club or its supporters. There is no connection with the fans.

And one of the reasons is that players go from hero to villain so quickly, not just with us.

I did think we must be amongst the worst but I'm realising it's just another thing wrong with football as a whole.

Yep, I agree. If you look at forums for other clubs, it's often the same.

Last edited:
Do you not think last night and the last 4 games have been moan worthy?

They have been disappointing to say the least, but it is as if some fans get a kick out of us losing and can't wait for us to lose so that they can start to question NPs abilities. They go on about how we have lost 3 in a row, ignoring the fact that we won 6 in a row (in the league) before that.

Some fans just need to be a bit more level headed, both when we win/lose and also with players. It has already been pointed out how James has gone from being crap to brilliant to crap within 10 games.

Nice to see the Foxes Trust are right behind the team ...

Promotion Dreams in Ruins After City Fail Again

Published February 20, 2013. | By IanB.

City's hopes of a return to the Premiership lie in ruins after a dismal run of results in February - no league points and knocked out of the cup at home by Huddersfield - left City well adrift of their nearest rivals. In the twinkling of an eye they have surged forward and we have been left for dead.

http://foxestrust.co.uk/2129/promotion-dreams-in-ruins-after-city-fail-again

Good job we're not trying to get back to the Premiership then isn't it?

I'm not aware of us ever playing in the Premiership and I don't think we have the right squad to switch codes to Rugby Union at present.

Doesn't that just sum up the attitude pervading at the minute?

I would say it is slightly exagerated by them, that is written as though we are towards the end of the season with no mathematical chance of promotion.

It's utter tripe.

We've never played in the Premier League. It was called the Premiership until 2007.

I Should pay more attention :icon_redf, it certainly isn't now though.

Last edited:
Doesn't that just sum up the attitude pervading at the minute?

I guess it does but you would have thought that they, of all people, would be showing a little more enthusiasm.

Personally, I don't subscribe wholly to all the doom and gloom. I think the auto spot is going to require an awful lot of work and I'm, not sure if we have the stamina for it (or the squad), the playoffs are achievable, still with plenty of hard work but maybe slightly less so. I reckon the top two will be a fight between Cardiff, Hull and Watford (with their squad of loanees from their sister clubs).

Maybe we need to develop a relationship with Barca so we can loan, sorry, I mean transfer, their B team.

Last edited:
Maybe we need to develop a relationship with Barca so we can loan, sorry, I mean transfer, their B team.

I bet even now plans are afoot to make sure that what Watford have done cannot be repeated.

I think a few posters are getting carried away (as usual) with what I said about James as I don't think anyone else has mentioned it.

All I said was that from what I've seen, he doesn't come across as being much of an improvement on Andy King. I've always had this opinion and made it more because people had been going on about how great he was recently but I've not seen it.

I bet even now plans are afoot to make sure that what Watford have done cannot be repeated.

It won't make a difference. All that will happen is that their players can join from Udinese/Granada with all sorts of clauses in their contracts that can ultimately act as loan deals.

For example, Marco Cassetti was snapped up by Udinese on a free from Roma and loaned straight to Watford. He'll never play for Udinese.

I Think the increase in negativity is due to a lack of options. We all desperately want to get back to winning ways but we don't seem to have the options to freshen things up.
In the past we would be debating down the pub about dropping player x and giving y a chance, but nobody has any faith or enthusiasm about our reserves. We have one exciting young prospect who is off training with Man U, which seems to be bemusing everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566