Post Match Leicester City 1 Charlton Athletic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Think the increase in negativity is due to a lack of options. We all desperately want to get back to winning ways but we don't seem to have the options to freshen things up.
In the past we would be debating down the pub about dropping player x and giving y a chance, but nobody has any faith or enthusiasm about our reserves. We have one exciting young prospect who is off training with Man U, which seems to be bemusing everyone.

I really don't get the Schlupp love. He's looked average at best when he's played. He may develop to be great but right now he's no better than Vardy or Waghorn and I'd argue he's worse. If he hadn't scored a hat trick on his debut and had a less funny name, I doubt he'd be so highly lauded by some.

I Think the increase in negativity is due to a lack of options. We all desperately want to get back to winning ways but we don't seem to have the options to freshen things up.
In the past we would be debating down the pub about dropping player x and giving y a chance, but nobody has any faith or enthusiasm about our reserves. We have one exciting young prospect who is off training with Man U, which seems to be bemusing everyone.

In the "good old days" of MO'N I'd question how deep our squad was then.

In the "good old days" of MO'N I'd question how deep our squad was then.

Not deep, but we had a good bench of quality players.

The Greek captain couldn't even make the starting 11

Not deep, but we had a good bench of quality players.

The Greek captain couldn't even make the starting 11

That's one player, What about the rest of the bench, who were they, how good were they?

Some days, going back to 2 subs on the bench made life so much simpler, having no subs is a step too far back.

It won't make a difference. All that will happen is that their players can join from Udinese/Granada with all sorts of clauses in their contracts that can ultimately act as loan deals.

For example, Marco Cassetti was snapped up by Udinese on a free from Roma and loaned straight to Watford. He'll never play for Udinese.

Yep. The only problem I think Watford will find is that the agents for those players will soon start playing games. Heard Vydra has been touted out by his for example.

Nice to see the Foxes Trust are right behind the team ...

Don't they still include the bit about opinions being those of a Trust member rather than the Trust ?

Last edited:
I really don't get the Schlupp love. He's looked average at best when he's played. He may develop to be great but right now he's no better than Vardy or Waghorn and I'd argue he's worse. If he hadn't scored a hat trick on his debut and had a less funny name, I doubt he'd be so highly lauded by some.

I Don't think Schlupp has proven himself yet and i wasn't looking to get on board with any lovin, but i would have greater optimism of him coming good than the depressing sight of Vardy or Waghorn coming on. I am pleased to see that Pearson has at least tried to adress our striking options by signing Kane.

Heskey
Joachim
Roberts
Claridge

What a 4 to choose from at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590