Post Match Leicester City 2:1 Club Brugge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Vardy's effort was excellent.

Good job Bruges didn't realise that the game had started until about 9pm.

At the end of the day, a fantastic achievement.

And how is it his fault that the defence play shit when he's in goal?

He can't win.

Because the keeper is part of that defence? He doesn't run the back line in the way Schmeichel does.
He doesn't claim corners that he should be doing.
I think he's an excellent shot stopper. But there is a lot to learn still!

Because the keeper is part of that defence? He doesn't run the back line in the way Schmeichel does.

He doesn't save much though does he? I've been waiting to see a good, shot stopping keeper. I'm still waiting.

He's simply beaten too easily. I'm not impressed at all. It wasn't so much that he was beaten by that shot last night, it was how far away from it he was.

Are the back line not capable of running themselves? Why bother having Morgan as captain if he and the other three defenders need the goalkeeper to wipe their arses for them?

It wasn't so much that he was beaten by that shot last night, it was how far away from it he was.

Does it only count as half a goal then if he's a centimetre away from the ball?

Are the back line not capable of running themselves? Why bother having Morgan as captain if he and the other three defenders need the goalkeeper to wipe their arses for them?

Aye. the blame for our defenders playing shit has been handed to the keeper, Amartey will be relieved it's not his fault anymore.

Thought Vardy's effort was excellent.

Good job Bruges didn't realise that the game had started until about 9pm.

At the end of the day, a fantastic achievement.

Seemed like Vardy's disallowed goal was the trigger for us to start panicking. every pass and effort after that was done with a skid mark.

Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper. The "quote" is distinctly ropey: in the headline, he brags to the police, whilst in the body of the story, it is to rescue staff.

We're in the last 16 of the Champions League! We've won our group with a game to spare! This is ****ing amazing. I'm over the moon!

We were very good first half and for the start of the second half.
Their goal was very good but came out of nowhere - up to that point it was a question of how many we'd win by.

The squad's confidence is clearly shaken at the moment and when we conceded we panicked a bit and were very rattled. Very nervous last 20 minutes or so, but the important thing is that we saw it out and won in the Champions League - again - and have won our group! It's a time to be excited, not for moaning.

I thought Vardy did well. I've not seen a replay, was his 'goal' actually offside?
Shinji his usual industrious self.

Albrighton and Fuchs both did very well down the left and created a lot of problems. Thought King and Drinkwater both had good games, although King looked knackered in the last 10 mins.

Ranieri got the subs right - Amartey in particular had a very good influence as we were struggling to get hold of the ball at that time and were just hurriedly kicking/slicing it away, whereas Amartey actually got a foot on the ball and carried it forward to get the ball away - and set up counters for both Gray and Schlupp I think.

Time to focus on points in the league now. Play the kids in the final group game.

Mission accomplished in the Champions League - anything beyond this point is just a massive bonus!

On a seperate point (because I didn't want to take away from the match itself), I couldn't believe the amount of ****ing whingers around me last night

After 10 minutes, when we were already 1-0 up, a guy behind me was already complaining that he could see us throwing this away because we weren't playing well enough.
I heard someone else saying they're not a fan of Mahrez, because they don't like his playing style. o_O Only the most technically-gifted player we've ever had... Alright, bet you weren't complaining last year about his playing style.

You could tell the impact of some bad results on the crowd as much as the players. Second half, every misplaced pass was met with a lot of moans and groans. Even in the first half, people were grumbling about sideways or backwards passes when we were trying to keep possession and work an opening...

Somebody on the radio the other day was commenting on a situation that describes ours perfectly I feel. Our defenders know that the strikers aren't firing and know they need to desperately keep a clean sheet which breeds panic; our strikers know they need to score at least two because the defenders are leaking goals, which breeds panic.
Neither end is doing their job properly at the minute which causes the other end to start over thinking, IMO

He doesn't save much though does he? I've been waiting to see a good, shot stopping keeper. I'm still waiting.

He's simply beaten too easily. I'm not impressed at all. It wasn't so much that he was beaten by that shot last night, it was how far away from it he was.

Saw a few Hannover games last season. I don't know if he's fully settled in for us but I agree that he could have done more with the shot yesterday. Not nice to see a keeper beaten at his near post in that manner.

I've always thought Zieler was shit. From the moment I saw him in pre-season it was immediately clear he was far too casual and lackadaisical. He seems to have no command over the defence what so ever which is made even worse when our defending has been absolute garbage this year. Thank feck Bruges are shit because some of our defending corners again was pitiful last night. Why do we insist on tracking players when we clearly can't do it. Can't the likes of Morgan and Huth focus on attacking the ball to clear rather than worrying about where their man is running?? Surely we need to try something different.

On a seperate point (because I didn't want to take away from the match itself), I couldn't believe the amount of ****ing whingers around me last night

After 10 minutes, when we were already 1-0 up, a guy behind me was already complaining that he could see us throwing this away because we weren't playing well enough.
I heard someone else saying they're not a fan of Mahrez, because they don't like his playing style. o_O Only the most technically-gifted player we've ever had... Alright, bet you weren't complaining last year about his playing style.

You could tell the impact of some bad results on the crowd as much as the players. Second half, every misplaced pass was met with a lot of moans and groans. Even in the first half, people were grumbling about sideways or backwards passes when we were trying to keep possession and work an opening...

I think the criticism of some players is warranted but Mahrez? He was phenomenal last year. He hasn't managed the same standards this year - apart from anything else I think the rest of The Premier League is wise to us now, they know not to leave too much space at the back, they know to double up on Mahrez and stop him cutting inside. It's up to Ranieri to counteract that.

I do think Mahrez should be rested in the league though, partly because as the boss says it might help him rediscover his form and also because I believe Gray deserves a few starts so we can see if he is up to it. He looked a threat last night, though on last night's evidence his finishing needs some work as he missed a couple of great chances.

For me the major concern is the defending, we are so so poor this year and that needs to be sorted before anything. This season I'd wager we are afraid of giving penalties away but it's not just that - Christian Fuchs has looked pretty naff this year and often seems to struggle and Simpson on the right isn't much better at stopping the crosses coming in. I think the fullbacks problem is down to: NO KANTE. Ideally we'll strengthen there in January and have Kasper back which should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669