Post Match Leicester City 2:1 Club Brugge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Okazaki and a penalty from Mahrez in the first half while we were playing in our Champions League style. Brugge got one back when we reverted to League-type performance in the second half.

We should have done better but we're through to the knock-out stages as group winners with a game still to play.

Okazaki and Mahrez (pen) for Leicester. Easy in the first half, a bit of a struggle in the second.

Okazaki and a penalty from Mahrez in the first half while we were playing in our Champions League style. Brugge got one back when we reverted to League-type performance in the second half.

We should have done better but we're through to the knock-out stages as group winners with a game still to play.

Things (I hope) will improve when Kasper the friendly ghost is back in goal.. Zeiler really doesnt inspire confidence in me (or the defence).

A superb feat. No matter what the group was, we have achieved something else pretty special right there. Spurs' group hardly contains European superpowers but they've made a right mess of it, as have others over the years. We've been professional and (mostly) clinical.

Really ropey last half hour but we dug in.

Things (I hope) will improve when Kasper the friendly ghost is back in goal.. Zeiler really doesnt inspire confidence in me (or the defence).

In fairness to him he was put under too much pressure by our defenders backing off.

I feel a little weird.

My team has just achieved what nobody thought possible. Certainly a year ago none of us would even have joked about it. We've won a CL group with a game to spare & are now, by official measure, one of the top 16 teams in the whole of Europe. I dreamed about this as a kid & it's come true.

But I feel flat.

We were cruising until conceding a goal out of nothing & then proceeded to lose all shape & pattern & make stupid mistakes & allow ourselves to be pressed back by a team we should tear to bits. Brugge are completely out of their depth at this level & yet they could well have nicked the draw. If we collapse like that against ANY of the teams that go through to the knockout we'll get annihilated.

I'm trying to be joyful but theres a dark shadow over it. We seem to have not a trace left of the mental strength that's carried us through over the last few seasons.

I guess we enjoy it for now & see what happens next.

It'll be ****ing Atleti won't it? Bound to be.

Well, that had everything you expect (from Leicester this season)

- goal in our more traditional style
- standard penalty goal
- dodgy keeping from Zieler who I rated, but having seen him live, has no control over his box at all (same problem for heroin addicted prostitutes, but by the by)
- our entire team apparently forgetting what football is at half time
- schlupp getting the ball and proving that he has almost no idea what he's actually supposed to do when he gets it.

Ho hum

Go on then...

zieler 5 no command of his box, but no howlers.
Simpson 7 not at his best but solid as always
Huth 7 shown up pace wise a few times. Solid and dangerous at set pieces
Morgan 6 bit of a rollerskates game. Our back two are a bit slow.
Fuchs 7 at fault for the goal, but made the first.
Mahrez 6 what happened to last seasons player? Doesn't seem to be able to pick the right pass at the moment
King 5 utterly, utterly anonymous apart from several shit challenges for headers. We need reinforcement in the middle.
Drink water 6 not his best not his worst.
Albrighton 8 thought he was industrious and having him on the pitch allowed the first goal.
Okazaki 8 solid
Vardy 6 kept trying but couldn't score in a brothel at the moment.

Subs not really any impact. 6 all round. Maybe a 7 for schlupp for more impact.

Reactions: FIF
If I'm correct Mahrez becomes our record European goal scorer and a few players break our European appearance record.

We won our pool unbeaten.

How can we not be happy?

Mahrez 6 what happened to last seasons player? Doesn't seem to be able to pick the right pass at the moment
Vardy 6.

Both a bit harsh I'd say. Mahrez played some incredible passes first half and Vardy was at the heart of anything good we did. Last 20 minutes he didn't have a chance as we were so deep and barely had the ball.

I feel a little weird.

If we collapse like that against ANY of the teams that go through to the knockout we'll get annihilated.

We've still made the last 16 in Europe no matter what we do in the next round. That's incredible.

The negativity in this thread is astounding. We're not playing great, but bloody hell we're in the last 16 of the Champions League and people are still moaning. This is more than I (or any other Leicester fan probably) could have wished for, so stop being miserable barstewards and enjoy the ride. There's plenty of time to sort our midfield and league position out so STFU and get on with it.

I'm happy! But considering the quality of the opposition, we shouldn't have been nervy toward the end...

Both a bit harsh I'd say. Mahrez played some incredible passes first half and Vardy was at the heart of anything good we did. Last 20 minutes he didn't have a chance as we were so deep and barely had the ball.

I'll have to take that one, i was just about as far from the attacking half as I could have been first half so can only go on what I saw :)

A fantastic achievement but people cannot ignore the frailties that are apparent. We should however savour this moment as it may never get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669