Post Match Leicester City 2:1 Club Brugge

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the negativity!

That first half contained some of our sweetest football in a long time. If our "forwards" had pushed themselves further into the box we could have had a dozen goals. We were bringing the ball up sweetly, killing the backs and putting in crosses that were a goal poacher's dream. Last year Vardy would have gobbled up those crosses from Mahrez, Fuchs and Albrighton and if Slimani had been on I think he'd have got an easy hat-trick in the first half.

We were absolutely majestic.

I think the last half an hour made some of you forget our first half performance.

Our fans who occupied the section next to the Bruges fans were pathetic last night.

Are they always that quiet?

The Bruges and Copenhagen fans put them to shame.

I thought they and the drummer guy were supposed to be our hard core vocal support.

I can fart louder than that.

If someone like Suarez had scored their goal last night, everyone would be banging on how amazing it was.

As it was a relatively unknown, it has to be the keepers fault.

That was a proper worldy. The finish alone was sublime and the run before was pretty awesome.

All credit to the striker.

when our defending has been absolute garbage this year. Thank feck Bruges are shit because some of our defending corners again was pitiful last night. .

Have to agree - when we won our corners - I had no expectation that we'd get anything from them. When Brugge were taking their corners in the last 20 minutes I was feeling as panicky as our defence were playing - desperate stuff when we should have been out of sight by then.

Bayern Munich have finished second in group D. We might have to beat them to get our inevitable draw against Atletico Madrid

If someone like Suarez had scored their goal last night, everyone would be banging on how amazing it was.

As it was a relatively unknown, it has to be the keepers fault.

That was a proper worldy. The finish alone was sublime and the run before was pretty awesome.

All credit to the striker.

Hallelujah!

Nah,

They've been woeful all season. They could still use their voices couldn't they?

We get outsung and outchanted every home game. Can't see the point of them if they don't put the effort in. Weakhearted wankers.

L1 is shit these days, seems like they can't be arsed.

The lads in SK1 are going for 90 minutes non stop, just a shame there aren't more of them.

L1 is shit these days, seems like they can't be arsed.

The lads in SK1 are going for 90 minutes non stop, just a shame there aren't more of them.

Spot on, they make a hell of a noise

Complete fecktards in L1

Why doesn't Vardy attack the box like Cavani is tonight when he's not got the ball?

We're in the last 16 of the Champions League! We've won our group with a game to spare! This is ****ing amazing. I'm over the moon!

We were very good first half and for the start of the second half.
Their goal was very good but came out of nowhere - up to that point it was a question of how many we'd win by.

The squad's confidence is clearly shaken at the moment and when we conceded we panicked a bit and were very rattled. Very nervous last 20 minutes or so, but the important thing is that we saw it out and won in the Champions League - again - and have won our group! It's a time to be excited, not for moaning.

I thought Vardy did well. I've not seen a replay, was his 'goal' actually offside?
Shinji his usual industrious self.

Albrighton and Fuchs both did very well down the left and created a lot of problems. Thought King and Drinkwater both had good games, although King looked knackered in the last 10 mins.

Ranieri got the subs right - Amartey in particular had a very good influence as we were struggling to get hold of the ball at that time and were just hurriedly kicking/slicing it away, whereas Amartey actually got a foot on the ball and carried it forward to get the ball away - and set up counters for both Gray and Schlupp I think.

Time to focus on points in the league now. Play the kids in the final group game.

Mission accomplished in the Champions League - anything beyond this point is just a massive bonus!

Playing the kids is disrespectful especially if two teams can get 2nd place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670