Post Match Leicester City 2 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Took the lead, went behind, then a late equaliser.
Knocky and Vardy for us.

Sounded like it was going to be so comfortable in the first half hour! Think the players thought that too though and that was the problem.

Disappointing, but at least we got the point late on.

Down to 5th.

Well I have heard Barnsley bemoaning their bad luck of late when listening to Radio Sheffield and just had this thought they would suddenly get some luck against us.
I was listening to the Radio Sheffield commentary last week against Watford and in the first half they had a number of chances which they didnt take and then Watford scored and they looked a bit dodgy but even then Barnsley could have scored before Watford eventually ran away with it.

I just thought things just wouldnt go for us today. I was a bit surprised when we scored first and I thought my feelings of dread were misplaced.
Just when I had almost got to the end of my post we scored. So they got a point which may stop the Keith Hill Out brigade for another week, well until they play Sheff Wednesday next week at least.
Oh well done Vardy his ex Stocksbridge team mates will be pleased.

Last edited:
seemed like the team (like me) were over confident...... 3 points next week will make up for this blip

I missed most of the commentary but it seems obvious to me that Pea Son has lost the changing room again. He needs to resign, plug the 4G into the sofa and sell Tufacs for shiffing everywhere.

Conceding 2 to the joint lowest scorers in the league before kick off really is disappointing. I really expected us to win this comfortably. Apparently Steele had a blinder but even so we should be mopping teams like this up and to concede 2 just isn't good enough. 2 points lost today.

Really gutted for you.Easy fixtures coming to an end and top 2 now only a pipe dream.
Still I didn"t expect us to win 2 tough games away so who knows.Looking forward to Mr Prep H interview.

Pea Son's destruction of "he's probably had a bad week" Dave was comedy gold! :icon_lol:

Conceding 2 to the joint lowest scorers in the league before kick off really is disappointing. I really expected us to win this comfortably. Apparently Steele had a blinder but even so we should be mopping teams like this up and to concede 2 just isn't good enough. 2 points lost today.

Depends how the game evolves regarding how you view the result. Imo it was more a point gained rather than two lost today. The result if offered pre k.o would be turned down by every City fan, and yet after 85 mins most would have happily settled for it. Granted not a great day, but apply perspective and remind yourself that we are still just 4pts off 2nd place. If we are 4pts away by March then we will still have a great opportunity.

Depends how the game evolves regarding how you view the result. Imo it was more a point gained rather than two lost today. The result if offered pre k.o would be turned down by every City fan, and yet after 85 mins most would have happily settled for it. Granted not a great day, but apply perspective and remind yourself that we are still just 4pts off 2nd place. If we are 4pts away by March then we will still have a great opportunity.

You are forgetting that we should win every game and have the league wrapped up by the new year. Shambles!
Whilst it is undoubtedly frustrating, we have made tremendous progress and I think we have plenty to look forward to with this team.

True, it's disappointing to concede two, or even one, before kick off against any side really.

You are forgetting that we should win every game and have the league wrapped up by the new year. Shambles!
Whilst it is undoubtedly frustrating, we have made tremendous progress and I think we have plenty to look forward to with this team.

The voice of reason; expect to be drowned out by the over-reaction crew.

Why is the table not up to date?

Because the BBC have recently changed their site.

I wrote a program that automatically extracts the relevant bits from the championship table page on the BBC's mobile site, but it appears that they've removed the page and redirected it to a new version which is in a different format.

I won't be able to extract the table from the new version of the page because it will be too wide (it now includes W/D/L columns), without it taking a load of work, so I'm going to see if I can find a suitable table I can steal from another site.

This is the worst BBC related news this year. Bastards.

they've removed the page and redirected it to a new version which is in a different format.

It looks like the original page does exist, but they're redirecting it to another page if you're not using a mobile browser. So all I need to do is make them think my program is a mobile browser and the problem should be fixed. Shouldn't be too difficult. Probably.

We weren't very good today and barely deserved the point. Barnsley pressed us quite aggressively which is something we seem to have difficulty dealing with. Still, no disaster. The performance was lethargic but we haven't had to say that too many times so far this season. On to the next one.

Pea Son's destruction of "he's probably had a bad week" Dave was comedy gold! :icon_lol:

I hasten to say that I am not the person quoted but as often happens with "Daves" he was quite right. This was two points thrown away by incompetent defending and I expect the players did get a rocket. Stringer has an unpleasant technique of hiding behind "some one else said" when asking a question designed to annoy.

They were shite

We were worse

Dreadful dreary game with no quality whatsoever

P.S. no hot chocolate, no sugar, no milk bynten to three. Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687