Post Match Leicester City 2 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
we normally lose games like that, so were a point better off

The first and Last 15 minutes were very entertaining, with some really quite good play.

The middle bit was pretty poor. Shocking defending and the second Barnsley goal resulted from a needless corner conceded by Kingy. We won nothing in the air until Futacs came on, when he was winning every header, with some good knockdowns. The game changed when the initial ref was substituted and Barnsley reconfigured for the restart. The new ref made some really poor decisions against both teams and never seemed in control of the game.

Good play by all three substitutes and good substitutions by the boss. Not the best game but hopefully will shake some complacency out of the team.

It looks like the original page does exist, but they're redirecting it to another page if you're not using a mobile browser. So all I need to do is make them think my program is a mobile browser and the problem should be fixed. Shouldn't be too difficult. Probably.

Bugger. More difficult than I thought. I assumed the BBC site would be using the browser's user agent to decide which version to show, but instead they detect the browser's resolution and I can't think of a way to fool it into thinking my program is a small screen browser.

Does anyone know of any mobile sites that have a narrow league table display?

True, it's disappointing to concede two, or even one, before kick off against any side really.

Lowest scorers in the league before kick off....the sentence makes sense

The starting eleven picked themselves yesterday but I was annoyed that Lingard was preferred to Schlupp on the bench. Schlupp had some very solid performances in the side recently and, one mistake later, is apparently behind some pointless kid we're doing a favour to Man U by developing. That sends out some really poor messages to our young players.

Nobody played well yesterday. Schmeichel was immense last season but is yet to recapture this form. His mistake for the first goal was really bad and not unusual at the moment. Morgan had the poorest game I've seen from him this season. He was pulled out of position easily and his passing and composure was unusually sloppy. The rest of the back four gave five out of ten performances.

In midfield, we have two central players who, when they play well, are very strong. However, they both remain frustratingly inconsistent. Neither played well yesterday and it really cost us when they were not taking advantage of our possession. Dyer was largely ignored by the rest of his team and received little service but, when he did, he seemed most likely to produce opportunities. Knockaert gave a typical performance. Occasional moments of sublime skill or magic followed by numerous poor decisions giving possession away.

Up front, both Nugent and Waghorn gave below par performances. Nugent especially seemed well off the pace.

Just like against Derby, we started with determination and enthusiasm. And just like against Derby, we went in front early. Also, just like against Derby, we were pretty poor for the middle hour of the match only to come good again towards the end. Whereas against Derby we got all the breaks at the right time to enable a flattering result, yesterday we got what we deserved.

The referee was rather flattering towards us, giving us questionable free kicks all over the place. He was intimidated by our crowd and players demanding decisions for everything. A sure sign of desperation from us. NP was once again tactically disappointing. He made no changes to our formation or approach until too late. He offered nothing to influence the game in our favour.

Cardiff appear to be consistent enough to get automatic promotion this season. Palace also seem to have a little extra although it remains to be seen whether IH can ensure this continues throughout. We're off the pace and quality of these two to be honest, but we've probably got enough to enter the end of season lottery.

I agree that Cardiff look likely to go up. I'm not sure about Palace though. They have a good first XI but not much strength in depth. If they lose a couple in January or struggle with injuries they can say goodbye to a top two finish.

I think we are a couple of midfielders and a reliable goalscorer away from being good enough. As good as Drinkwater and King have been at times this season both seem incapable of performing against aggressive pressing such as that which they faced yesterday. We need somebody who will look to win second balls without fear and also a player capable of unlocking the defences of teams who defend narrow and in numbers. We lack both at the moment. An extra striker goes without saying, really. We are a long lay off away from being utterly toothless.

Without a successful January transfer window we are a play off side at best. I think that's fine. I trust Pearson to build a team over time capable of winning this league but I don't expect it to happen at the first time of asking.

After we scored the 1st goal the players soon became as interested as our lacklustre fans.

When they scored their 1st goal our silent and uninterested fans because interested, interested in slagging off the players and moaning.

When the half time whistle went there were even some of the previously silent and uninterested fans booing a team that sat 3rd in the league with a previously exceptional home record.

Throughout the game the entire King Power stadium was out sung by approximately 15 men from Barnsley who were standing towards the back of their supporters.

The attitude of the fans and many of the players was a disgrace yesterday, it seems that Leicester City fans feel that we deserve to beat everyone, and we wont get behind the team until the 4th 5th or 6th goal goes in.

Overall the match day experience was shit.

Cardiff appear to be consistent enough to get automatic promotion this season. Palace also seem to have a little extra although it remains to be seen whether IH can ensure this continues throughout. We're off the pace and quality of these two to be honest, but we've probably got enough to enter the end of season lottery.

Yes re. Cardiff - probably have the most quality in the division and I sense it's 'their turn' to go up.

Not so sure about Palace - a strong physical side which is normally a feature needed in the division - but i suspect they will fade.

Irrespective of yesterday our home form is excellent - very inconsistent away though which would have to be improved to have any hope of automatic promotion.

After we scored the 1st goal the players soon became as interested as our lacklustre fans.

When they scored their 1st goal our silent and uninterested fans because interested, interested in slagging off the players and moaning.

When the half time whistle went there were even some of the previously silent and uninterested fans booing a team that sat 3rd in the league with a previously exceptional home record.

Throughout the game the entire King Power stadium was out sung by approximately 15 men from Barnsley who were standing towards the back of their supporters.

The attitude of the fans and many of the players was a disgrace yesterday, it seems that Leicester City fans feel that we deserve to beat everyone, and we wont get behind the team until the 4th 5th or 6th goal goes in.

I don't sing because the songs are shit and I go to watch a football match, not be in a choir. I'm not against people singing though, but, like standing, I don't judge people's fan-ness based on it.

I don't sing because the songs are shit and I go to watch a football match, not be in a choir. I'm not against people singing though, but, like standing, I don't judge people's fan-ness based on it.

I dont sing either. I would if i was in L1 or at an away game but due to the fact no one sings in my area I would virtually be doing a " Bernie" and there should only be one Bernie

I fully appreciate the frustration at the lack of atmosphere at games but there really isn't anything to be gained from getting so arsed off about it.

The tickets are too expensive. Younger supporters (who often create much of the atmosphere through their enthusiastic singing) are priced out. Times are tough for many people who can think of better ways of spending their money than going to the match. The ground is largely populated by people who've watched us be decidedly below average for many years and who cannot get very excited about that.

There were some less regular supporters about yesterday as the prices were dropped but they're not the sort who generate an atmosphere. It's the hard core that travel home and away that have to do that.

We're also watching absurdly rich people wearing the shirts who supporters cannot relate to. I passed Liam Moore's colossal brand new white BMW in the car park (I knew it was his due to the obligatory tacky personalised plate) before the game and shook my head in despair. He's only played a few games and I bet he's on more than the Prime Minister.

A group of younger fans tried to generate some atmosphere at the beginning of last season with their 'ultra' thing in the corner of the east/south stands. They were systematically attacked by the club/stewards/police over a period of months until they gave up. They also received precious little support from those seated around them. Most seemed inconvenienced by supporters singing in their proximity.

We've also had a bunch of our home games moved for tv and rugby alienating others and limiting interest from occasional fans even more. And for some, we can't even sell a pie or drink properly.

The last time we were in a comparable position in our history - outside the top flight for a sustained period - was under Pleat. Then we were depressingly average to poor season in, season out. Our attendances were less than 10,000 and the atmosphere was often dreadful. This only changed when Brian Little and Barrie Pierpoint reinvented the club for the better. Two people that were eventually treated as villians despite the remarkable job they did for us on and off the field. We have no equivalents to them today and, until we do, I fear that people won't be arsed to create the atmosphere you're after.

We're also watching absurdly rich people wearing the shirts who supporters cannot relate to. I passed Liam Moore's colossal brand new white BMW in the car park (I knew it was his due to the obligatory tacky personalised plate) before the game and shook my head in despair. He's only played a few games and I bet he's on more than the Prime Minister.

Liam Moore visited my son's school a couple of weeks ago and posed for a Mercury photo with him. When I asked what Liam Moore was like, my son suggested he was, in paraphrase, 'a big-headed cock'. Cue similar dispairing shaking of head......

A group of younger fans tried to generate some atmosphere at the beginning of last season with their 'ultra' thing in the corner of the east/south stands. They were systematically attacked by the club/stewards/police over a period of months until they gave up. They also received precious little support from those seated around them. Most seemed inconvenienced by supporters singing in their proximity.
It was the season before last, and that isn't exactly what happened. They repeatedly broke ground regulations by ignoring stewards' instructions to sit down, hence the conflict. A significant number of them also chose to behave in an anti social manner and abuse other fans around them for either not joining in with their crap songs or telling them to sit down or stop smoking. The Fosse Boys were not a good movement and I'm glad it died a death. It just took too long.

It was the season before last, and that isn't exactly what happened. They repeatedly broke ground regulations by ignoring stewards' instructions to sit down, hence the conflict. A significant number of them also chose to behave in an anti social manner and abuse other fans around them for either not joining in with their crap songs or telling them to sit down or stop smoking. The Fosse Boys were not a good movement and I'm glad it died a death. It just took too long.

Fair do's if it was the season before last. How time flies.

Your response though brought to mind that tremendous bit in 'Life of Brian' with the little pockets of ignoramuses with their respective takes on the people's front of judea. Within reason, if we can't accept each other's foibles or interpretations of what it is to be a supporter, we're not really going to get very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669