Post Match Leicester City 2 - Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Late goal after a stupid free kick and about 25 minutes of looking like we didn't know what to do with a lead.

Second half performance was nervous and naive.

I am actually quite pissed off about this game. Points chucked away against a negative team. :(

Burnley probably the better side and that's not saying much.

Thought the subs and tactical approach in the second was questionable. We desperately needed an extra midfielder.

Also, Ulloa playing as a number 10 should never ever ever happen again.

I thought we were poor throughout. Poor defensively and looked clueless going forward. Burnley got what they deserved.

We've had a great start but it's games against the likes of Palace and Burnley which will make or break our season. I hope the players aren't being complacent or that if they are Nigel knocks it out of them quickly.

Last edited:
Nice passing, poor crossing, failed to seal the game and deserved that slap by being reckless at the back. Shame.

fking fuming, schlupp should of came off 2nd half offered nothing

it wasnt poor positioning. the wall should have jumped. great pace on the free kick but to get it up and down from there shows we had a poor wall. thats two games from leo that he'll want to forget. JV had 3 chances to take a one on one in the last ten mins had he beat the last defender. knocks did himself no favours in his cameo. i am astonished how poor we were most of the second half. defenders stood off and a general lack of creativity throughout.

i was hoping that last weeks flat showing was a one off. clearly it wasnt.

btw, thought schlupp did ok though others dont seem to agree. burnley are a poor side and judging by that performance, we will spend the season looking over our shoulders towards them. nigel needs to do something to regain the impetus following the first few games. delighted that we have accumulated 9 points because unless we can regain our spark, the season will prove a tough one.

their back two looked more comfortable than ours. against their front two, that says everything.

Last edited:
Burnley can't score for toffee and put two past us..

Schmeichel for the free kick was miles too far over to his right hand side and left himself absolutely no chance of getting near the free kick if it made it over the wall, sure enough it did.

Last two games against 'lesser' sides we have struggled. These are sides at home we have to put away, we didn't kill the game off and eventually came unstuck. Game management towards the end wasn't there today like it was last season.

Just looked far too nervous and defensive for the majority of the second half when Burnley were there for the taking.

Surely Hammond can't start for the next game?

I'll let Schlupp off for his goal, but christ he broke up our counter-attacks time and time again by giving the ball away.

Vardy also looked more prone to running into people than doing what he does past and knocking the ball past them and sprinting past them.

Schmeichel's positioning for both goals was atrocious. First goal he just stood on his line and waved his hands when it was there to collect. Second goal he stood about 4 yards forward and completely across to one side of the goal, when you would expect a left-footed taker from that angle to hit it at the the other side of the goal (as he duly did). I dare say exactly what Hamer did well against Stoke was save and collect the kind of balls that led to their first.

James - very silly to give that free-kick away at the end.

On the plus side, I thought Drinkwater, Mahrez and De Laet played well. Shame that 3 players doesn't make a team performance.

Yeah. I'd add our management of that last 5 minutes was naive at best.

We had numerous chances to take the ball into the corners. Nugent, Vardy, and Knockaert all had chances to kill the game in the corners and made poor choices.

Really annoyed with that result.

A bit of a downer that! I was in a theme park with my daughter and her friend all day and for the first time ever, I followed the 2nd half on my iphone.
I was sure that the 3 points were in the bag when We got back home, seeing as we were 4 mins into time added.....
It feels as though we have lost and I agree with most who reckon this fixture should surely have been won.
3 points woukd have moved us nicely up the table........one certainly doesn´t! I expect Nige and the lads are gutted.
On the bright side........we are still unbeaten at home.

Quite a shit result. Given the team that they had put it should've been an easy three points.

What a total pile of shite.

Firstly, Burnley were a shadow of the team we played against last season. They had no threat of any significance. I'd go as far as to say that they would have been beaten by most Championship sides today. Piss poor side.

Sorry, we defended like total clowns - AGAIN. Schmeichel totally at fault for the free kick. It was a virtual own goal. His wall and positioning were a total disgrace. Anyone could have scored that free kick. It was nowhere near the top corner and wasn't hit with pace but easily went in. Another two goals conceded. Something has to be done about our hapless and sloppy play at the back at times. Schmeichel yet again inspired no confidence whatsoever and we conceded possession and chances far too easily.

All round, we played at a lazy and pathetic pace. We were miles short of the standard we have a right to expect. With any sort of intelligence, we'd have won by four or five. Burnley were that poor. But so were we.

Also, disagreed with the line up, formation and substitutions. I thought it was more laziness. NP seemed to think he was back in the Championship. If he doesn't buck his fecking tactical ideas up in games like this, we soon will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570