Post Match Leicester City 2 - Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing but not undeserved.

Not as disappointing as not doing something so simple as putting a player on that post.

Worst of all though was the booing from the Kop at the end.

Bad way to lose 2 points but still ahead of where we though we would be now so no need to panic yet.

The equaliser had been coming for the whole second half. Disappointing as we played well in the first. I don't think we looked nervous particularly but naïve is probably an accurate word to describe that second half. There wasn't the same amount of effort in closing down and working off the ball and the concentration levels seemed to drop a bit. It's very much 2 points thrown away but Burnley deserved a point from the game.

Newcastle, West Brom and Swansea next.

It's a good time for a break because we need results from those games and the last two performances should have Pearson thinking about a shuffle.

This Hammond thing just has to stop. And finding a way to get Ulloa and Vardy in the same side without one of them playing like a complete twat will be important.

it wasnt poor positioning. the wall should have jumped. great pace on the free kick but to get it up and down from there shows we had a poor wall. thats two games from leo that he'll want to forget. JV had 3 chances to take a one on one in the last ten mins had he beat the last defender. knocks did himself no favours in his cameo. i am astonished how poor we were most of the second half. defenders stood off and a general lack of creativity throughout.

i was hoping that last weeks flat showing was a one off. clearly it wasnt.

btw, thought schlupp did ok though others dont seem to agree. burnley are a poor side and judging by that performance, we will spend the season looking over our shoulders towards them. nigel needs to do something to regain the impetus following the first few games. delighted that we have accumulated 9 points because unless we can regain our spark, the season will prove a tough one.

their back two looked more comfortable than ours. against their front two, that says everything.

The free kick went over Drinkwater's head by about a foot or so, but allowing a left-footer such a clear sight was poor.

Does Kasper really not have a goalkeeping coach?

Last edited:
Kasper needs a rocket placed firmly up his arse and quick, did nothing for the 1st goal.

Crowd back to normal so cant quite blame the team for dropping standards either.

Stupid ****ing free kick to give away at the death, he should be shot.

Does Kasper really not have a goalkeeping coach?

Not a coach in the way you'd expect. We employ Mike Stowell for reasons known to nobody. He is in charge of improving goalkeepers and organising our defensive set pieces. He's appalling at both roles.

Last edited:
Holy ****ing shit, he actually dropped Cambiasso from the squad for selection purposes, mental, monkey í*½í°µ carrying a loaded AK47 mental.

The attendance was supposed to be 31,448???

There were significant gaps all over the place, especially in the North Stand. No way were there that many there.

Holy ****ing shit, he actually dropped Cambiasso from the squad for selection purposes, mental, monkey �*���� carrying a loaded AK47 mental.
Did he say so in the post match interview?

Last edited:
Pathetic

We set up like a championship team, with championship players, and we were complete and utter gash

Hammond plays in preference to Esteban feckin Cambiasso for fecks sake. How feckin stupid is that

Two points tossed away down the shitter

Well that loose stool water of the worst kind. Completely ineffectual in midfield against a side who were there to be overrun. Vardy and Ulloa look like they only met for the first time yesterday and, as good as Vardy was against Manchester United, the partnership between Ulloa and Nugent looks far more promising at present.

In terms of management, Hammond over Cambiasso or James seems perplexing to say the least. There must be some method behind this madness but I am as confused as Joe_Fox in Ladbrokes as to what this could be.

Still, one point closer to safety.

We needed another man in midfield. It was blatantly obvious and we were saying it in our group before half time. No point in going overboard, we weren't at our best today, c'est la vie, but our subs today were 'like for like' when we actually needed to change our shape. We had no hold on the midfield and, despite playing two up top, we didn't trouble them greatly at the back so might as well have had just one up there and supported from out wide or midfield.

Meh, 9 points after these 7 matches is still more than I thought we would have and the break comes at a good time for us.

Hmmm, as I said post Palace we need to beat this kind of shite, NOT Man U.

I don't get this thought process. We need to get 40 points. Who we gain those points against is irrelevant.

As are the comments about getting it wrong. Bar a stupid last minute challenge and an ineffective wall we win the game easily. We didn't play well but they never looked in it.

Holy ****ing shit, he actually dropped Cambiasso from the squad for selection purposes, mental, monkey �*���� carrying a loaded AK47 mental.

??????? I'm trying to figure out why ??? His experience in Midfield would have been ideal for the last 20 minutes... I hope NP is not starting to read what they papers are saying about him as they will be only to happy to take it all back !

As are the comments about getting it wrong. Bar a stupid last minute challenge and an ineffective wall we win the game easily. We didn't play well but they never looked in it.

We we never winning that game easily, Burnley wouldn't allow it .Nor would our approach to the 2nd half :(

I just don't think that's true. Nothing about that game was easy. They were first to every ball and looked far more threatening than us when attacking. We couldn't have any complaints if we'd lost that.

We all have different views of the game Matt. I think you're pushing it a bit far with that point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669