Post Match Leicester City 2 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City 2 Cardiff 1

What was our penalty actually awarded for btw? It was a big goalmouth scramble and I couldn't really see what happened.

For a push by Konchesky on Gestede.

Yep, saw Cardiff's. It was ours I couldn't see, big goalmouth scramble, no idea what was going on at the time.

Beckford, SSL and Drinkwater were all excellent today, everyone else was good. Terrific atmosphere too.

Midfield played very very well, Wellens looked a better player with Drinkypoos in there.

Beckford should have scored but was busy and looks far more interested of late.

My only slight concern is the recent form of Peltier who tends to get dragged about the pitch a bit. But that's a minor quibble on what was a very good performance.

I agree about Drinkwater. It is early days but on todays performance he looks like the kind of player who will make other players look good. His ability to choose a difficult pass and weight it perfectly was remarkable. I have not been so impressed by a young Leicester player since Spearing.

Another reason for the midfield playing better was that unlike the last couple of games Mills was not constantly passing to opposition midfielders. His distribution was markedly improved.

Beckford is certainly more involved than before Christmas but he missed what I thought was a very good chance and is far too easily knocked off the ball.

Although I had hoped to see Morgan given a chance instead of Mills I thought both centre backs looked good. I still believe that St Ledger is the better of the two.

Lastly the referee was a great improvement on the last one we had.

Great win - didn't expect anything from this match as Cardiff have been a bogey team for us recently. Onwards and upwards.

Can we do the double over Cardiff in a single weekend?
:icon_bigg
Leicester City Ladies V Cardiff Ladies
Sun 12 Feb 14:00
Results of each team's last 5 matches across all leagues and competitions
No recent matches found.

Last 5 matches played by Leicester City Ladies
Leicester City Ladies last 5 matches (most recent first):
(a) Sunderland Ladies2-0L
(a) Barnet Ladies1-0L
(h) Charlton Women0-1L
(h) Reading FC Women3-0W
(a) Charlton Women2-0L

Last 5 matches played by Cardiff Ladies
Cardiff Ladies last 5 matches (most recent first):

I agree about Drinkwater. It is early days but on todays performance he looks like the kind of player who will make other players look good. His ability to choose a difficult pass and weight it perfectly was remarkable. I have not been so impressed by a young Leicester player since Spearing.

Completely agree.

The thing that's impressed me most about Drinkwater is his movement and the tempo with which he plays, he plays really crisp pass and move football, which has galvanised our midfield, which has been criticised as being too static in the past this season.

He's such an intelligent player, constantly moving into space, seems to always have found a position to receive a pass and playing one-twos, yet while not being afraid to play a longer pass if it helps create an opening as well.

And because he's constantly on the move and always getting in positions which allow him to see so much of the ball, he completely ran the game from the middle it's quickened up the tempo of the entire team and we've looked so much better for playing at a quicker tempo.

If he continues to play like this then he may just be the player we've been lacking and the player we should be building the team around, almost like a conductor of an orchestra, he just seemed to dictate how we play on his own almost.

I've just watched the decision to award them a penalty over and over again. I can't see anything wrong at all :icon_conf

The most impressive aspect of our performance yesterday was our pressing when not in possession. It was miles better and Cardiff didn't get time to cause us problems. We earned and deserved the win.

We're so lucky to have Schmeichel. He could easily play for a top Premier League team. He's the best keeper I've ever seen play for us and that goes back to Wallington. Both Drinkwater and Marshall look to be encouraging acquisitions. If we are able to retain our better players and add 3-4 more intelligently in the close season, we could well have a terrific season next year.

Clear push by st ledger

Wasn't there so can't say, but I wonder just how "clear" it was when I have already read on here it was by Konchesky and in the paper by Peltier. Or did all 3 of them combine to do it?

Main game on FLS, bit of luck/ better finishing could have been 4 or 5.

They say 2 - 0 can be the hardest lead to keep, yesterday you could see why.

More of the same on Tuesday, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670