Post Match Leicester City 2 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why people are moaning about it not being a penalty, if it wasn't given as a penalty it would have been a goal anyway.

It was Schmeichel's mistake on dropping the cross which led to the goal/pen.

Don't know why people are moaning about it not being a penalty, if it wasn't given as a penalty it would have been a goal anyway.

It was Schmeichel's mistake on dropping the cross which led to the goal/pen.

I'm not moaning, I couldn't see the reason for it being given. Very similar to our pen, goalmouth scramble but it was clear Wellens was tripped.

Agree with those that say Drinkwater was the key man yesterday. The more I watch him the more impressed I am. It may be slightly premature to say this, but I think it will ultimately become a battle between Danns, King and Wellsns to play alongside him. Part of me thinks he would bring out the best in King too, but we shall see.

Have to say since the Forest game, things have improved dramatically at the club. We look more organised as a team, the players are showing more desire, and it feels like the Pearson way is finally getting across to the players. We have been unlucky in the last two games prior to only pick up a point and it showed yesterday when we controlled the game against Cardiff, who are no poor side. I really hope we can get a positive result down at Watford on Tuesday and really kick on from there. Good times feel like they may be coming back!

Also feel the criticism Nugent is getting is a bit harsh, he was by no means at his best, but he was hardly shite. Beckford too may have been quieter compared to recent weeks, but he still looked more involved then he did when he was going through his poor patch. Credit also as been mentioned to Wellens who had his best game for us in a long time.

I'm not moaning, I couldn't see the reason for it being given. Very similar to our pen, goalmouth scramble but it was clear Wellens was tripped.

But if the pen isn't given, the goal they score just after the whistle is blown is given anyway, so it doesn't matter. If anything, the ref did us a favour in giving them a penalty as it gave us a chance to save a goal which should have stood anyway.

Prem ref's certainly show up their lower league counterparts.

we said that walking away from the ground, it made a change to talk about the match rather than what the referee had done

It was actually an incredibly vicious tackle - the guy literally dives in above the ball - amazed a card wasn't given.

I thought the same for both peno's. Push or tackle in the six yard box could have been judged to have been denying a 'goalscoring opportunity'. That said Halsey is extremely lenient and attempts to avoid flashing a red.

The most poetic bit of Gallagher's second was the crude tackle from Cardiff player in 'taking one for the team'.

I wonder just how "clear" it was when I have already read on here it was by Konchesky and in the paper by Peltier.

It was clear after watching the highlights. :icon_bigg

The most poetic bit of Gallagher's second was the crude tackle from Cardiff player in 'taking one for the team'.

Similar to SSL v Boro. Usually a good decision to "take one" in that position considering tha alternative. Swings and roundabouts!

Only thing that annoyed me about the ref was seemingly watching Gerard man-handling Beckford on every corner but not having the balls to do anything about it. It was every time - see it in the "build-up", have a word, watch it happen again when the ball is played, then do nothing.

I listened to the match on Radio Wales on my car radio (excellent reception considering I was near Glasgow at the time!), and their commentators said we should have had a penalty shortly before theirs, when Konchesky was fouled but stayed on his feet instead of going down. I've not seen this mentioned anywhere else. Did the commentators make it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669