Post Match Leicester City 2 Wigan Athletic 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
RL now want a discussion whether 442 is the way forward. Why does a team need a fixed formation?

Unfortunately missed the first half, but was impressed with their play in the second; the only negative for me was Nugent.

Excellent result. Well done lads

Good performance. Had Nuge borrowed Akinbiyi's boots for today? I was actually surprised he managed to convert the penalty his other efforts were that shite. Vardy must have been an absolute pain in the arse for Wigan today and certainly deserved the applause he received when he went off.

RL now want a discussion whether 442 is the way forward. Why does a team need a fixed formation?

Was coming on to say the same!

If anything, I think our early season form shows NP is right to be switching it up. I don't the formation changes have been a case of not knowing which to play; it's been changed to suit the game we're facing.

3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-4-2.... it's good to have different options! Something NP has been criticised for lack of before.

Good win today, good performance throughout. Thought this would be a difficult game but we handled it well. Only real fault is we should've scored more!

Excellent and deserved win. They looked poor to me but they have some real quality in their squad.

Standouts: the two centre backs, King, Vardy.

Drinkwater played a very disciplined game too. Credit to him.

Nugent and Vardy will be a complete pain in the arse for opposition defenders. Their running and movement drags players out of position will open gaps for the midfielders.

Hugely encouraging stuff. Shame results didn't really go our way.

On the downside: de Laet remains one of the doziesr defenders I've ever seen, Nugent could have had a gay truck and neither winger was heavily involved.

Last edited:
An excellent 3 points.

Vardy is a different player. Moore superb. Knockaert one of his better games. A little bit of reality though..... Wigan were awful and will be bottom half on that showing.

I don't get to do this too often, so here goes...

Schmeichel - 7 - made a couple of good saves when needed
De Laet - 6 - a few sloppy passes but hopefully coming back into form
Morgan - 7 - one or two mistakes but otherwise pretty solid. Back four marshalled a dangerous Fortune very well
Moore - 8 - great goal, a few hoofs but very, very solid otherwise. He's still learning and will get caught out from time to time, but a really superb prospect
Konchesky - 7 - reliable, good to see him back
Knockaert - 7 - will always be infuriating because of bad decision making, but worked hard and gave them problems
King - 7 - kept things ticking without pulling up any trees
Drinkwater - 7 - likewise. Midfield dominated and did well against some good players
Dyer - 7 - nothing special but provided good shape
Nugent - 6 - worked his socks off but his touch is well off at the moment
Vardy - 9 - excellent forward display, a constant threat, total commitment, electric pace and some really nice passes and movement. Deserved a goal. MOTM.

Subs - 6 - right subs at the right times

Nige - 8 - got it spot on today. Positive formation, went 4-3-3 at the right time to get control of the midfield back as they started to threaten a bit. A full 90 minute performance.

Wigan will do well this season. We beat a good side today by playing very well and making them look ordinary.

:038:

Loved Moore's celebration. In about four seconds he managed to fit in a Bale © heart shape, a badge kiss, a knee slide and a Temuri Ketsbaia advertising board hoof. Top stuff! Well done Liam, really chuffed for him.

Loved Moore's celebration. In about four seconds he managed to fit in a Bale © heart shape, a badge kiss, a knee slide and a Temuri Ketsbaia advertising board hoof. Top stuff! Well done Liam, really chuffed for him.

The 'Marks Electrical' board still has a big dent in it.

Terrible result. Now the club has to fork out for a new advertising board, absolutely shocking.

Pea sun out.

Nuge put it in when it counted. If he'd missed that, you can see it going to 1-1. Well played City.

Manager banned and we beat the FA Cup holders. Coincidence? Almost certainly. But who cares? Piss Song out.

That was a proper performance

Right team selection, right set up for the opposition, great switch of tactics late in the game just as we looked in serious danger

Moore and Vardy outstanding individually, but the game was won in midfield and by the midfield

luverly stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670