Post Match Leicester City 2 Wigan Athletic 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result. Drank too much vino and fell asleep. Woke up bang on full time. We always do well when I'm not watching.

Noticeable crowds are down. It would be nice to see the club introduce a pricing policy to encourage bigger gates.

Quote from Owen Coyle

""We got the rough end of two decisions. It was a stonewall penalty when Fortune was fouled, then Vardy has got on the wrong side of Beausejour and it's not a penalty."

Which foul on Fortune is he talking about? I've just finished watching the game and I don't remember any potential stonewall penalty. It can't be the one where Konchesky tackling back clearly got the ball.

As has been said it was a very solid performance for the entire 90 mins and very good management by Pearson in terms of affecting the game with his substitutions and tactics.

It's not related to today's game in any way and I accept my dislike of him may not be rational but does anyone else hate Owen Coyle too? Everything about him just winds me up. The same goes for Nigel Adkins. He's another over-optimistic twat.

It's not related to today's game in any way and I accept my dislike of him may not be rational but does anyone else hate Owen Coyle too? Everything about him just winds me up. The same goes for Nigel Adkins. He's another over-optimistic twat.

Can't stand him or Brendan Rogers.

BN, Vardy doesn't have pace, bullshit, he's the only player who can keep up with Dyer. Verbals are one thing (it happens all the time in all teams), 'dislike' is another aspect altogether and the two should not be confused. If you haven't seen two players arguing about who takes a penalty, you have lived a very sheltered life. Seems to me BN that you are distinctly unhappy because the team under Pearson have had a good start to the season and long may it continue.

Vardy is the type of striker that likes to play on the last defender. His main advantage should be the ability to get a yard on that defender when a through ball is played. Vardy only does this against slow defenders and he doesn't even get away from them. He doesn't have that immediate acceleration that a striker needs when playing the way he does. He simply hasn't got that edge and this means he'll never score/create enough for the role he plays. Personally, I think Wood is a much better bet than Vardy in this role but we never allow Wood to play this way.

I do know that verbals are common on the pitch, I saw plenty of it yesterday unworthy of comment. I was sitting in a different seat, very close to the pitch, for a change. I don't usually pick up what the players are saying and their interaction with each other. It was quite apparent that what Drinkwater was doing with King wasn't the 'usual'. He treated him like someone he feels is totally inferior and useless and it stood out and surprised me. Just saying like.

I raise the issue of the penalty as it was quite significant at the end of last season. If we'd had a clear order of priority with penalty takers, we might be in the Premier League right now. This is our third penalty this season and the third argument between Nugent and Wood/Knockaert about the taking of it. NP has been asked about it and got all arsey and didn't answer the question.

I'm delighted that we've had a good start. I've recognised NPs changes in style and tactics and given him credit for it. However, the fact that he adapted to modern football management requirements a year or two later than most of his competitors was worthy of criticism.

Vardy is the type of striker that likes to play on the last defender. His main advantage should be the ability to get a yard on that defender when a through ball is played. Vardy only does this against slow defenders and he doesn't even get away from them. He doesn't have that immediate acceleration that a striker needs when playing the way he does. He simply hasn't got that edge and this means he'll never score/create enough for the role he plays. Personally, I think Wood is a much better bet than Vardy in this role but we never allow Wood to play this way.

I do know that verbals are common on the pitch, I saw plenty of it yesterday unworthy of comment. I was sitting in a different seat, very close to the pitch, for a change. I don't usually pick up what the players are saying and their interaction with each other. It was quite apparent that what Drinkwater was doing with King wasn't the 'usual'. He treated him like someone he feels is totally inferior and useless and it stood out and surprised me. Just saying like.

I raise the issue of the penalty as it was quite significant at the end of last season. If we'd had a clear order of priority with penalty takers, we might be in the Premier League right now. This is our third penalty this season and the third argument between Nugent and Wood/Knockaert about the taking of it. NP has been asked about it and got all arsey and didn't answer the question.

I'm delighted that we've had a good start. I've recognised NPs changes in style and tactics and given him credit for it. However, the fact that he adapted to modern football management requirements a year or two later than most of his competitors was worthy of criticism.

Not long before half time yesterday Wigan gave the ball away in our half and Vardy was put through. Vardy had a good yard to make up on Rogne, who is not a slow defender IMO. Vardy managed to make this up and get goal side to put a decent shot on target with his left foot. Vardy has been a breath of fresh air this season and I think your comments are incredibly harsh.

Not long before half time yesterday Wigan gave the ball away in our half and Vardy was put through. Vardy had a good yard to make up on Rogne, who is not a slow defender IMO. Vardy managed to make this up and get goal side to put a decent shot on target with his left foot. Vardy has been a breath of fresh air this season and I think your comments are incredibly harsh.

They're par for the course really for him.

This is our third penalty this season and the third argument between Nugent and Wood/Knockaert about the taking of it. NP has been asked about it and got all arsey and didn't answer the question.

Is there any reason he should answer the question?

If you've watched Vardy a few times, you must have seen numerous examples of exactly what I describe, including yesterday. I'm not making it up, it's just fact. That is not to say that he's not upped his game tremendously this season. He's considerably fitter, stronger and has more belief.

BN, I lost count of the chances Vardy created for us yesterday, you must have watched a different game.

BN I think your looking for another Lineker, someone who could get half a yard in the six yard box because of his take off speed it made him a great striker for whoever he played for and players like that are gold dust. Vardy's is a different type of player his pace is over distance running at defenders its how he got his penalty yesterday and at Carlisle in fact they were almost identical, better defenders yesterday but the same result. I still don't understand how you can draw the conclusion that some players actively dislike each other because of something you say you heard in the middle of a professional football match. Bollocking a team mate because he's done something wrong is normal you just don't usually hear it. There are lots of verbals strikers are at it all the time particularly if they think their in a better position and don't get the ball from their strike partner, defenders are always at it, so why should someone who plays midfield be any different? Heat of the moment spat yes, dislike no.

If you've watched Vardy a few times, you must have seen numerous examples of exactly what I describe, including yesterday. I'm not making it up, it's just fact. That is not to say that he's not upped his game tremendously this season. He's considerably fitter, stronger and has more belief.

But surely Notts has provided what you could call a "fact". In fairness BN you've only stated your opinion so far. If you can quote a scenario where a "slower" defender has kept up with Vardy then fair enough, so far you've just said "it happens" (in so many words).

I can only ech what most others have said. We were excellent throughout and Pearson set us up perfectly for the match. Liam Moore was very good but Vardy was man of the match. His vision and passing were terrific and I was willing him to score. I didn't really notice the midfield but that's no criticism; they did their job and kept the game ticking over in our favour.

Nugent wasn't particularly good but he did work hard whereas Morgan was clumsy on the ball. He was still strong where we needed him to be, mind. If things carry on as they are Moore and Vardy will earn the right to be called our best defender and striker respectively. That isn't to say their colleagues have regressed, just that the two named have improved. That bodes well for us. Best performance so far, all told.

Not necessarily. But there are very good reasons why he should resolve the situation behind closed doors. He patently hasn't done this.

I am sure that the players know very well who should be taking penalties. If individuals are not complying it is a matter of discipline. It would be very unusual and unethical for any manager in any occupation to discuss such in any open forum.

I am sure that the players know very well who should be taking penalties. If individuals are not complying it is a matter of discipline. It would be very unusual and unethical for any manager in any occupation to discuss such in any open forum.

It does seem odd that there is a recurring "discussion" each time we win a penalty. Especially given the continuity within the team.

I doubt if there was much good will in the Wigan dressing room. Coyle was very aggressive and ill-tempered toward his players. His assistant Sandy Simpson was worse. You may remember Taggart the detective rather than Taggart the footballer. Well, Sandy Simpson was like Taggart with toothache.

The Leicester bench was disappointing. With no Pearson I hoped Steve Walsh Sr would be there as the Leicester answer to Yoda. Mike Stowell was inhibited by the ear piece through which he was receiving constant instructions. One of the problems with playing well is that Mike Stowell has no reason to throw water bottles around..

I doubt if there was much good will in the Wigan dressing room. Coyle was very aggressive and ill-tempered toward his players. His assistant Sandy Simpson was worse. You may remember Taggart the detective rather than Taggart the footballer. Well, Sandy Simpson was like Taggart with toothache.

The Leicester bench was disappointing. With no Pearson I hoped Steve Walsh Sr would be there as the Leicester answer to Yoda. Mike Stowell was inhibited by the ear piece through which he was receiving constant instructions. One of the problems with playing well is that Mike Stowell has no reason to throw water bottles around..

:icon_lol: do you go to the games to watch Stowell have a wobbly, rather than the actual match David?

It does seem odd that there is a recurring "discussion" each time we win a penalty. Especially given the continuity within the team.

a useful tactic to confuse the opposition goalkeeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669