Post Match Leicester City 2 Wigan Athletic 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give my report tomorrow but I would like to use this moment to eat a healthy portion of humble pie...

Vardy, different gravy today. A class performance from a vastly improved player, made Nugent look even worse than he was, which was hard.

Great win

Nice result.

Perhaps the lack of transfer activity as dampened expectation levels, and the team are probaly enjoying playing with less pressure on them.

Hope it continues.

Good result today. It was pleasing to see Konchesky back in the side. He is a much better option than Schlupp in a back four. Disappointed to see Schlupp dropped though, I'd have kept him in and pushed him forward. Moore was the pick of the players for me. He is playing like Morgan was for us this time last year. In contrast, I thought Morgan was very sloppy today.

In midfield, Drinkwater was solid and strong on the ball in a midfield almost completely absent of any Wigan effort whatsoever. I was shocked by how poor they were and how little of their usual movement and technical skills were on show. It looks like a squad suffering from a bad hangover following relegation and doesn't bode well for their chances this season.

I agree that Vardy is a much better player this season. But I do think his erratic first touch and lack of pace and composure will cost us. He had good opportunities today and didn't take them. Nugent had a mare in terms of decision-making, but, as usual, worked his socks off.

Formation was right for the opposition and it was changed in the second half rightly. NP has certainly changed his approach to formations and it is excellent to see.

A couple of niggles. Drinkwater was verbally scathing about King a couple of times within my earshot and appeared to heartily dislike his midfield partner. Also, there was yet another disagreement over the taking of the penalty. This time it was Nugent and Wood having a heated debate before it was taken. This sort of nonsense shouldn't be happening.

Lako, you have taken the wind from my sails, Vardy has been a revelation. Got to give him credit he's worked so hard on his game, also got to give Pearson and the scouts plaudits for seeing his potential, maybe the million he cost wasn't a bad investment after all.

Lako, you have taken the wind from my sails, Vardy has been a revelation. Got to give him credit he's worked so hard on his game, also got to give Pearson and the scouts plaudits for seeing his potential, maybe the million he cost wasn't a bad investment after all.

:039: Hello Borderfox

Vardy - 9 - excellent forward display, a constant threat, total commitment, electric pace and some really nice passes and movement. Deserved a

:038:

I agree that Vardy is a much better player this season. But I do think his erratic first touch and lack of pace and composure will cost us. He had good opportunities today and didn't take them. .
:102:
Which one is it?

Wow. A candidate for newcomer of the year!!

Welcome Borderfox! :056:

:102:
Which one is it?
Well perhaps not electric but certainly quicker than last season. His early start to training pre season before everyone else is really paying off. His touch does need improvement but he's looking more a Dickov now, which I thought he might be, but last season he flattered to deceive.
Both he and Nuge worked their socks off and gave no time for the Wigan defence to play it around.

:038: Welcome.

BN, Vardy doesn't have pace, bullshit, he's the only player who can keep up with Dyer. Verbals are one thing (it happens all the time in all teams), 'dislike' is another aspect altogether and the two should not be confused. If you haven't seen two players arguing about who takes a penalty, you have lived a very sheltered life. Seems to me BN that you are distinctly unhappy because the team under Pearson have had a good start to the season and long may it continue.

NP has certainly changed his approach to formations and it is excellent to see.

Looks like we may see more of NP's tactics this season. He likes to keep the opposition guessing.
From the OS

Pearson opted for a 4-4-2 formation to start the match, something which seemed to take the away side by surprise.

But having already deployed a number of different systems, the manager is happy to keep people guessing, adding: “We started with a 4-4-2 and to see the game out we changed to 4-3-3.

“It’s about having players who are willing and able to do what they need to do to win games. I think Jamie Vardy did that pretty relentlessly throughout the game.“We started with two wingers today too, and they gave us different options.

“It keeps the opposition guessing a little bit as well. We’ve seen a few times this year they’ve been guessing how we’re going to line up which is good.

“I’m not just going to stick with 4-4-2, I’ll pick the starting line up which I think is right to play. That’s what we’ll do in every game.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669