Post Match Leicester City 3:0 Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Vardy and Nugent in the first half. Wood a couple of minutes from the end. Wot no Phillips?

We've only dropped 25 points from a possible 96...

Vardys goal was hilarious! Good to see our strikers scoring. Nugent put his hands up to the Ipswich crowd - looked like he was counting! How many does he have against them?

Good win. Scoreline perhaps a little flattering as the second half was pretty flat but it was comfortable still.

Big Was & Vardy the pick of the bunch from me. Vardy just keeps on improving every game it seems and never stops working and Big Was dealt with everything easily and just looked a class above for me.

Really pleased to see Wood come on and score too as we shouldn't forget about him with age still very much on his side and he showed great strength to muscle through and good composure to finish it off.

Schlupp worth a mention too as he didn't look out of place at all and defended well, could have possibly overlapped a bit more going forward but could have been told to sit back so as not to get caught out.

Knocky was quiet but never stopped working and closing down and James and Drinkwater very tidy in midfield if not spectacular.

Dyer the only poor performer really, maybe down to the exceptionally high standards he set for himself with his early season form, but not his best show this year and definitely seems to have gone off the boil since the contract talks.

Still not over the line yet but it is looking very nice, 3 points for us next week and a win for Burnley and it could be all over pretty much.

Get the daffy duck in there!

A routine win against a surprisingly tepid Ipswich side. As soon as we went in front, they appeared to settle for keeping the score down.

Schmeichel was poor with his distribution, Morgan got away with quite a bit of sloppy play again and Dyer was dreadful. For me, Dyer is overdue being dropped and Morgan is the one at risk if we recall Moore. On the plus side, Schlupp was excellent although completely unchallenged defensively, James bossed the midfield and Vardy was tremendous. Wasilewski probably played his best game for us, although the challenge which got him booked was no worse than Konchesky's on Wednesday so he could have gone for it. I was pleased to see Wood come on as the first striker change rather than Phillips and he took his goal well.

Next Saturday could be a big day if we win and Derby don't at Burnley. Although I think we're already certain to go up, that would pretty much tie up promotion for any remaining worriers.

A decent crowd today but a poor atmosphere. Why are we waiting for the last couple of home games to have a party atmosphere? We're going up following ten pretty miserable years, we've taken 39 out of 48 points at home and most people don't seem bothered. It's a shame. We'll need a lot more noise and passion next season if we're going to make it difficult for much better teams to come here and get a result.

Schlupp, Vardy, James and Wasyl all excellent.

James and Drinkwater work so well as a pair these days. Vardy worked his nuts off as usual. Knockaert likewise, who honestly was average today but worked hard. First half we were very good, second half we didn't keep the ball as well or pass it as well until the final 10 minutes. But in all fairness the damage was done in the first half and they had little answer.

Ipswich were very poor, took risks at the back and couldn't cope with Vardy. They wouldn't have scored if they were there all day.

Pleased with the 3 points.

Dominated every minute of the first half. We were a different class.

Second half as flat as a wet fart. Awful, really

Vardy was outstanding. His baffling substitution left the last twenty minutes completely redundant, such was his impact on the game. He was brilliant. Drinky was also excellent, as was James and Noooge

Schlupp was exemplary. His best ever defensive performance. He might actually make a left back after all. Shows what I know.

Knocky was poor in the first half, and not much better in the second

Dyer was feckin' dreadful. Surprised he wasn't subbed at half time, he was so utterly shit.

All in all, it was simply a non contest, and we were streets ahead in all areas

Special mention for the crowd, who was large in size and absolutely silent in output.

Onwards and upwards, Mr Peashit

A very good win. When so many of the team play well it is usually difficult to pick a best player but not today. In a good team Vardy was outstanding. The chance he took was very difficult and I did not expect him to score from it. Throughout the rest of the game he ran their defence ragged.

Schlupp had a really good game and Konch was not missed. Apart from getting booked Marcin was majestic and justified Nigel's decision to keep him in the team instead of Liam.

Mahrez attacked really well and Lloyd and Anthony must feel their places are in jeopardy. . However, what really interested me was his defending. It was difficult for me to see what happened but someone got a round of applause for some defending around the 80th minute; was it Mahrez and what happened?

A very good win. When so many of the team play well it is usually difficult to pick a best player but not today. In a good team Vardy was outstanding. The chance he took was very difficult and I did not expect him to score from it. Throughout the rest of the game he ran their defence ragged.

Schlupp had a really good game and Konch was not missed. Apart from getting booked Marcin was majestic and justified Nigel's decision to keep him in the team instead of Liam.

Mahrez attacked really well and Lloyd and Anthony must feel their places are in jeopardy. . However, what really interested me was his defending. It was difficult for me to see what happened but someone got a round of applause for some defending around the 80th minute; was it Mahrez and what happened?

It was Mahrez, and I'm still not sure how he did it. it was right on the touchline, looked like their player had him hemmed in and he had no where to go, in the blink of an eye he was away and the Ipswich player was left staring at the space Where Mahrez had Been

I pretty much agree. Dyer seems always to go rather flat in the winter, I suppose keeping up that pace does take some toll. Knokheart gave away the ball far too much, made several errors and was defending poorly. He got away with most of it because Ipswich were pretty poor, but he will be badly exposed in the Prem. He may be better in a central role in a 4/5/1 formation as he is too often caught out of position. He was poor when switched to the left, and has been when played there before. A double sub with Hammond coming on for him would have been better.

Good to see Wood on, when promotion is in the bag it would be good to test out a few fringe players to see how they can cut it next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669