Post Match Leicester City 3:0 Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

It was Mahrez, and I'm still not sure how he did it. it was right on the touchline, looked like their player had him hemmed in and he had no where to go, in the blink of an eye he was away and the Ipswich player was left staring at the space Where Mahrez had Been

There were many lovely pieces of skill today, nutmegs, flamboyant turns, first time passes. I thought we played wonderfully well in the first half.

Special mention for De Laet, who did brilliantly for the second goal. Won the ball back on the corner of his own box with a good tackle and 15 seconds later was up the other end linking with Vardy to put one on a plate for Nugent.

Wasyl is like a exquisitely carved wardrobe. Huge, classy and errrr....... Yeah you know what I mean.

Mahrez has earned a start against Charlton in my opinion. Delighted to see Wood get a goal, especially as the old dear in front of me, who had shrieked relentless abuse for 15 minutes beforehand, looked visibly embarrassed as he held off a challenge and stuffed the ball in.

tedfoxxx

Oh and the 'Tony knockaert/Riyad Mahrez chant to the tune of There's No Limit was ****ing excruciating.

tedfoxxx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26201682

Nugent used to play for Ipswich apparently. :102:

I like Mick McCarthy. (Except for when he's doing punditry)

"They are top of the league, winning it by a street and you can cope with it when you have players like they have. They will win the league by a million miles."

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Billyjof

We have had a strong team for a number of years and perhaps previously underachieved expectation, but I still can't help being continually amazed at how well we are doing this season.

I've seen this club promoted to the Prem win some trophies and regularly compete for a top ten finish. Perhaps because of the lows we have experienced since but this is turning into perhaps one of the most satisfying seasons. Just gutted to have not seen a single 90 mins live this season :icon_sad:

Jenks

We have had a strong team for a number of years and perhaps previously underachieved expectation, but I still can't help being continually amazed at how well we are doing this season.

I've seen this club promoted to the Prem win some trophies and regularly compete for a top ten finish. Perhaps because of the lows we have experienced since but this is turning into perhaps one of the most satisfying seasons. Just gutted to have not seen a single 90 mins live this season :icon_sad:
I keep saying to my kids "you are possibly witnessing history here," and I think they may understand that. Certainly my eldest who has been going since 4 years so never remembers promotion and the other two have never known the Prem. IF we go up there;s a party they'll neVer forget!!!

Robin127

If I was the chasing pack I'd be looking over my shoulder at Wigan. Should they end up in a playoff position I reckon they'll go up. I watched their cup game against Cardiff last week and they were better in all departments than their opponents. If they'd had a decent manager all season I think they would be one of the top two.

camberwell fox

Yep, unprecedented Leicester at the moment.

I reckon those of us of a certain age are scared to celebrate what we are currently witnessing as this is very unLeicester.

We are used to the wheels coming off and are probably struggling to comprehend our consistency. I certainly am.

Brauny Blue

Dominated every minute of the first half. We were a different class.

Second half as flat as a wet fart. Awful, really

Expected that tbf. It was a tough draining game at Florist 3 days earlier, and i could see the excuses already in place if we failed. Credit it to them though, they got the 3 points, and thats all that matters now. Noticed the wheels came off for the trees at Burnley, so it would appear that the midweek game took its toll on them more than us.
All in all, 1 game nearer.

Volpone

Vardy was absolutely tremendous. Unless you were right in line with him and the goal it's difficult to appreciate how tight the angle was. He had a about one yard of the goal to aim at from about 12 yards away. Simply outstanding. Thankfully, most people saw the potential in him despite a sizable and vocal minority who claimed he was a waste of money and wouldn't make it at this level.

sparky79

We should win 4 of our next 5 games. Charlton, Barnsley, Yeovil, Blackpool, with Blackburn being slightly more difficult. If we manage that then we'll be on 83 points with 9 games to go. Un precedented scenes.

drummindefender

Vardy was absolutely tremendous. Unless you were right in line with him and the goal it's difficult to appreciate how tight the angle was. He had a about one yard of the goal to aim at from about 12 yards away. Simply outstanding. Thankfully, most people saw the potential in him despite a sizable and vocal minority who claimed he was a waste of money and wouldn't make it at this level.

I was definitely one of those and hold my hands up. I remember going nuts opening day of the season when he scored the winner partly ironically as I still thought he was crap. Looking a snip at 1 million at this rate

Lako42

Our fans have now decided that we are up, they expect us to win every game at home without effort, 3-0 means **** all, and they prove this with the collective 'can't be arsed' atmosphere and general feeling around the ground.

out of the top flight for 10 years with a great chance of returning and we can barely be ****ed with a 5 minute period of vocal support.

Shame

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Our fans have now decided that we are up, they expect us to win every game at home without effort, 3-0 means **** all, and they prove this with the collective 'can't be arsed' atmosphere and general feeling around the ground.

out of the top flight for 10 years with a great chance of returning and we can barely be ****ed with a 5 minute period of vocal support.

Shame

As was evidenced by the views of some of those interviewed by RL when they were leaving the ground on Saturday. "Not a professional performance"; "Should have won by more".

I don't think you'll ever get the old atmosphere in the gentrified modern game. Cost of tickets, regulation of fans and all sorts of other 'advances' mean that the people who used to make a noise are no longer attending in the same numbers. They are being replaced by people who are more accustomed to watching the game on the TV and can't make a noise for fear of upsetting the cat/wife/neighbours.

You're right - it is a shame.

Last edited:

homer

As was evidenced by the views of some of those interviewed by RL when they were leaving the ground on Saturday. "Not a professional performance"; "Should have won by more".

I don't think you'll ever get the old atmosphere in the gentrified modern game. Cost of tickets, regulation of fans and all sorts of other 'advances' mean that the people who used to make a noise are no longer attending in the same numbers. They are being replaced by people who are more accustomed to watching the game on the TV and can't make a noise for fear of upsetting the cat/wife/neighbours.

You're right - it is a shame.

Spot on

I know I shouldn't but I listened to RL on the way home from the match, and couldn't believe the complete shite being spouted

We're playing the best football we've seen in donkeys years, and people are moaning that the total dominance and 3-0 victory wasn't good enough. After we scored the second the whole atmosphere closed down altogether

Embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670