Post Match Leicester City 3:0 Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me an optimist, but I will be expecting a top 10 finish:038:

I do think we've got the management, the core of a squad and the right mentality to do very well, in the way that Southampton and Newcastle have done since coming up recently. If we can get in a good left-back, centre-half and forward I think we'll do very well - I think we'll probably see more of King playing in a central three with James and Drinkwater and just one winger, which should give Knockaert and Mahrez a chance to develop. I am of course letting my heart rule my head though.

I'm just glad that the management don't seek advice from this or any other forum.

When Swansea were in the 4th division, I wonder how many said to Leon Britton, you'll never play in the premier league.

I'm just glad that the management don't seek advice from this or any other forum.

When Swansea were in the 4th division, I wonder how many said to Leon Britton, you'll never play in the premier league.

Ture, last time we were promoted we signed a whole team of players.

that worked well!

I think after the experience with Sven they will not just be chucking money around left right and centre.
Hopefully of the teams coming up we may appeal more to the type of players we need to sign than say Burnley, QPR, Derby, Forest etc.
Also the Owners hopefully won't be insisting on us playing in Yellow because they deem it lucky or insist on naming us Leicester Foxes because in marketing the Club we would be unique and not share such a common name as City with many other teams. All this being a distraction to the teams efforts to compete in the higher League.

Last edited:
Come on people, still a long way to go yet and even though it would take a monumental **** up to miss out now, I'm still not thinking about it for another month or so.

For the record though if we do go up, I'd take 17th position by goal difference.

Has anyone said that we should buy a new team?

For the record, our last Premier League line up:

Walker

Sinclair Heath Dabizas Stewart

Scowcroft McKinlay Freund Nalis Bent

Dickov

How this lot weren't good enough to stay up is a mystery...

Walker

Dickov

That back four is an absolute insult to football. Midfield only marginally less insulting. This current side is miles better than that.

Walker

Dickov

Ok, so from that lot I'd take.......

erm.............

yawn.....

Walker

Dickov

Are you sure? I remember Ben Thatcher, Steve Howey and John Curtis being regulars in defence, I thought Dabizas played for us in the Championship?

Not really, the defence (Ben Thatcher aside, who I thought was our regular left back?) was atrocious. We actually ahd a decent attack in Dickov, Ferdinand and Bent and we scored a few more than several teams who stayed up iirc, but our defence was just awful.

I seem to remember us having Steve Howey, John Curtis, Nikos Dabizas, Matt Heath and Ricardo Scimeca playing at some point in the defence, all of whom were beyond awful.

Walker

Dickov

With a subs bench of Danny Coyne, Paul Brooker & Tricky Trevor Benjamin. And we still gave the invincible's a scare!

Last edited:
Are you sure? I remember Ben Thatcher, Steve Howey and John Curtis being regulars in defence, I thought Dabizas played for us in the Championship?
That is the team that played at Arsenal. The subs were as bad: Coyne, Brooker, Guppy, Gillespie, Benjamin. I seem to remember we released thirteen players the next day.

Walker was on the decline when he played for us and was never more than ordinary. Heath, even at his peak, was an appalling defender and should never have been anywhere near the first team of a lower end Championship side, let alone a Premier League one. Stewart was a clueless fullback with delusions of being a flying winger. Scowcroft was a hard worker but never Premier League standard. That was a truly crap time for the club.

That is the team that played at Arsenal. The subs were as bad: Coyne, Brooker, Guppy, Gillespie, Benjamin. I seem to remember we released thirteen players the next day.

Walker was on the decline when he played for us and was never more than ordinary. Heath, even at his peak, was an appalling defender and should never have been anywhere near the first team of a lower end Championship side, let alone a Premier League one. Stewart was a clueless fullback with delusions of being a flying winger. Scowcroft was a hard worker but never Premier League standard. That was a truly crap time for the club.

Harsh on Walker. Good keeper for us, I always felt.

The defence was undoubted crap, but I honestly think Ferdinand and Dickov was as good a strikeforce as we've had since Lineker and Smith and I'm pretty sure the amount of goals they scored in the top flight will back that up. It's easy to forgot just how good Ferdinand was that season.

I actually quite enjoyed that season, a 5-0 drubbing to Villa aside, I don't remember us often rolling down and dying and I seem to recall us conceding a stupid amount of late equalisers and losing goals.

and it got worse. We'd better enjoy this ride while we're on it

Sir Les what a player. I remember his late equaliser at Bolton at Christmas/New Year that season. We had some good times that season regardless of how it finished. La Manga was the killer. I thought had it not been for that we might have just scraped up that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669