Post Match Leicester City 3:0 Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't hear the interviews but if people are seriously not happy with a fantastic 3-0 scoreline they should feck off and watch rugby.

Deluded, embarrassing tossers.

Spot on

I know I shouldn't but I listened to RL on the way home from the match, and couldn't believe the complete shite being spouted

We're playing the best football we've seen in donkeys years, and people are moaning that the total dominance and 3-0 victory wasn't good enough. After we scored the second the whole atmosphere closed down altogether

Embarrassing

People around me were huffing puffing as we calmly stroked the ball across the back 4 cantering to a 3-0 win. I assume they were wanting us to pour forward to score a fourth. The same morons who would be booing if we'd conceded a late consolation goal from over committing.

Probably frustrated that we have often played well enough that if we continued to press then we could have won many games by big scorelines. 2-1 does not seem like an emphatic win even if we were dominant all game.

Very lacklustre second half performance from the team, not saying this is a good or bad thing, which seemed to be reflected in the atmosphere.

If we came out and got the 3rd goal before 60 mins the crowd would have been bouncing and it would have been carnival time from then on but until Wood scored, there was a small chance Ipswich could get back into the game.

Maybe 10 years of crapness have made the fans realise it's never over until the final whistle?

We scored 6 goal a few times last season but didn't get promoted, fans who want cricket scores should try cricket, basketball etc. I think that focussing on thrashing every opponent shows a basic lack of understanding.

Spot on

I know I shouldn't but I listened to RL on the way home from the match, and couldn't believe the complete shite being spouted

We're playing the best football we've seen in donkeys years, and people are moaning that the total dominance and 3-0 victory wasn't good enough. After we scored the second the whole atmosphere closed down altogether

Embarrassing

Would you say this is the best you've ever seen us play at Championship level?

I was too young to remember the previous promoted sides under Brian Little and MON (and anybody previous).

I remember the Micky Adam's promotion but didn't we limp over the line in administration and with a squad that was never good enough to stay up?

I could almost start a thread about this, would be fascinating to hear peoples views on our best "promoted" side.

Last edited:
Although I agree Lako... It was hard to generate much noise when you are totally controlling a game of football from kick off to finish. It needed some sort of fight back from the opposition to stir us into life and we didn't get anything from them.

So it was Ipswich's fault that the home fans didn't stir themselves. That's a relief - people seemed to be saying that our own players were to blame.

We need to bring back Sam Bailey at half time, for all the part time petes that are now showing up

I was too young to remember the previous promoted sides under Brian Little and MON (and anybody previous).

[...]

I could almost start a thread about this, would be fascinating to hear peoples views on our best "promoted" side.

You'll also be too young to remember the 1970/71 season then. Two years after we had been relegated from the First Division in particularly cruel circumstances and we were ready for promotion again. Lost only 2 at home and 4 away but loads of draws. 59 points (only 2 for a win then) from 57 goals - but we only let in 30 in a 42-game season. 31 points at home and 28 away.

You can see from the stats that the success was not built on any attacking prowess as it has been this season but it was nevertheless immensely enjoyable.

People around me were huffing puffing as we calmly stroked the ball across the back 4 cantering to a 3-0 win.

This really irritates me. Why some people can't understand that just keeping the ball for a period of time and taking the sting out of the game is beneficial I will never know.

This really irritates me. Why some people can't understand that just keeping the ball for a period of time and taking the sting out of the game is beneficial I will never know.

It's also beneficial in terms of reducing the number of injuries sustained and no tiring people out when there is a busy schedule. Ask Billy about injuries and tired players.

People around me were huffing puffing as we calmly stroked the ball across the back 4 cantering to a 3-0 win. I assume they were wanting us to pour forward to score a fourth. The same morons who would be booing if we'd conceded a late consolation goal from over committing.

Same around me, its as though we were drawing and had 5 minutes to find a goal. Someone on the row in front declared that 'tippy tappy stuff' doesn't work and huffed off shortly before Wood scored.

It's only a few people, but they seem to get very annoyed by winning in professional manner, not with thud and blunder tactics where we're at risk of conceding 2 every week like under Sven.

So it was Ipswich's fault that the home fans didn't stir themselves. That's a relief - people seemed to be saying that our own players were to blame.

Personally I'll always continue to be loud and join in but for the more casual fans and the part timers to join in then the game needs to be competitive and on edge.

Not once did it ever look like we might not win and the crowd seemed content to sit back and enjoy.

It's a shame.

I have to agree with the rest...2-0 up and we were in full control. Had roughly 56 hours rest for Saturdays game and people were screaming at us to score a third or fourth. There was no need to go galloping up the pitch and chase after a goal.

Kingy, the current side is on course to break various records. More than 96 points would break our 3 points for a win seasonal record, 6 more wins sees the most wins in a season, 5 more home wins see a new record and 5 more away wins sees a new record.

It's a sensational season.

It appeared on Saturday we played a team expecting a hiding and there was little fight. They didn't even attempt at a defensive spoiling game and held a high defensive line. Teams are beginning to fear us and here's hoping that will get us over the line.

It was the same where I was. When you come out for the second half 2-0 scoring a third is good but the priority is not to let the opposition back into the game. Although it was good to see Wood score our all-round play lost something when Vardy went off. .

I remember the Micky Adam's promotion but didn't we limp over the line in administration and with a squad that was never good enough to stay up?

As a general rule, I think that football evolves and improves over the years. Therefore, I think this City Championship side would piss all over any of their promoted predecessors just because they are fitter, faster, smarter, etc.

The MA side was a strange one. Promotion was achieved pretty easily despite us being in some disarray off the pitch. Individually and collectively, we weren't up to much but Adams did an excellent job with the team developing a siege mentality and functional football. For some reason that I really can't fathom at the moment, Deane and Dickov often proved unplayable. Another factor that year was the new stadium syndrome and fans supporting vocally and in numbers. That season hasn't been replicated since in terms of atmosphere at least. Some of the lesser Championship teams came to our place defeated before kick off.

The MON side was brilliantly put together in such a short time. His additions of Claridge, Lennon and Izzet were inspired. But we were often shite that season. Somehow the siege mentality that MON developed after that Sheff Utd game made a team out of a bunch of individuals although it was only a terrific late run that resulted in a play off place and promotion. The emergence of Heskey was also key.

The BL side was a perfect example of a team as opposed to individuals. They had a terrific spirit and will to win despite being very limited technically. By the time we got promoted, we played really quite ugly, functional football. The first season under BL was easily the best in terms of quality of football. But over time I think he decided that good football wasn't important and our defeat of the pretty boys of Derby in the play off final proved his point.

One final point. I don't see a relationship between ability at Championship level and Premier League level at all. However you get promoted, you start again. If we win the league this year, it gives us no better chance of doing well next season than were we to have gone up last season by scraping a play off place in the final moments of the season.

The Premier League is a totally different competition. Fewer games, much more pressure, more intensity, more errors punished, more attention, more intelligence, etc. Some players that we think are okay at Championship level will be better at the higher level. Likewise, there will be casualties among those we have relied heavily on this season.

So then people, which of our squad will flourish at premiership level?

For me, I think it will be Danny Drinkwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669