Leicester City 4 - 0 Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this team gets going, they are superb to watch.

But the reason we won today? Burnley's tactics backfired bigtime, they played an out and out 4-3-3. The last side to do that off memory at the Walkers got seen off 5-1. To top if off, they didn't play anyone who dropped off the forward line or 'in the hole'. So this lead to using Iwelumo as a focal point which went into our favour.

Without knocking Naughton, I actually felt Vitor's appearance today was a big plus. We looked a bit more balanced and at no time did the two central defenders look exposed. Also, you have an excellent attacker of the ball in the air which was needed today was Burnley's height.

I actually think King looked a little bit than recently, passing better and made some decent tackles. Similarly, Yakubu a bit more sharper and at times, playing other players in.

I said last week, Kamara was our best player and it proved again. Our system suits him as he gets a bit of a free role but he looked too good for the division (which proves how it's gone done in quality considering when he was at WBA).

All in all,a good day.

When this team gets going, they are superb to watch.

But the reason we won today? Burnley's tactics backfired bigtime, they played an out and out 4-3-3. The last side to do that off memory at the Walkers got seen off 5-1. To top if off, they didn't play anyone who dropped off the forward line or 'in the hole'. So this lead to using Iwelumo as a focal point which went into our favour.

Without knocking Naughton, I actually felt Vitor's appearance today was a big plus. We looked a bit more balanced and at no time did the two central defenders look exposed. Also, you have an excellent attacker of the ball in the air which was needed today was Burnley's height.

I actually think King looked a little bit than recently, passing better and made some decent tackles. Similarly, Yakubu a bit more sharper and at times, playing other players in.

I said last week, Kamara was our best player and it proved again. Our system suits him as he gets a bit of a free role but he looked too good for the division (which proves how it's gone done in quality considering when he was at WBA).

All in all,a good day.

I hope you proof read your blog before you post it :icon_lol:

absolute rubbish. do these people even watch the game. I thought Kamara looked quality. Howard won more headers in 10 mins than yak won in his 80. put kammy uptop for the yak and get vassell on instead, he looked lively when he got on. Also, praise where it's due I thought Oakley had a decent game (never thought I say that)

No way would Howard have played the ball ahead of Kamara for the first though, Howard would have shot himself and missed. Yakubu also only had the opportunity to win one header all game (which he lost) iirc, so it seems a bizarre thing to criticise him on.

I thought Yakubu had a good game today, his crossing in particular impressed me, he had 2 or 3 perfectly weighted crosses that we should have made more of.

Last edited:
Very impressed with Kamara & Mee today. Mee was outstanding, had Iwelumo in his back pocket, won everything against him.

I can't help but wish that when Wellens hit the crossbar, that flew into the top corner, because that would've been a fantastic goal!

David, can you ever actually just compliment Gallagher without turning it into a backhanded one? Always seems to me like you have some sort of personal vendetta against him.

I don't recall Gallagher giving the ball away more times than anyone else particularly.

I have no personal vendetta against him. This would involve a conscious bias which would have happened if for instance Leicester had signed Marlon King or Joey Barton.

Soon after Gallagher arrived at the club I felt that he was technically very good but was dispossessed too easily and was over ambitious with some of his passes. In other words he loses the ball too easily.
It is always possible that having decided he loses the ball too easily I tend to notice when he does it rather than when King or Wellens do the same.

Gallagher is a superb striker of a dead ball and scores good goals and since his hat-trick against Scunthorpe I have acknowledged that and since Sven came have not suggested he be dropped - unlike with Sousa I accept Sven's judgement on players. However, I do admit that whereas I thoroughly enjoy (and perhaps over-rate) Wellens, Naughton, Bamba and The Yak I do find Gallagher's play a trifle irritating.

Is Profondo right? Does anybody who goes to the matches agree with me about Gallagher and possession.

absolute rubbish. do these people even watch the game. I thought Kamara looked quality. Howard won more headers in 10 mins than yak won in his 80. put kammy uptop for the yak and get vassell on instead, he looked lively when he got on. Also, praise where it's due I thought Oakley had a decent game (never thought I say that)

Howard did win a lot of headers, but they were shit and went nowhere near a team mate.

I have no personal vendetta against him. This would involve a conscious bias which would have happened if for instance Leicester had signed Marlon King or Joey Barton.

Soon after Gallagher arrived at the club I felt that he was technically very good but was dispossessed too easily and was over ambitious with some of his passes. In other words he loses the ball too easily.
It is always possible that having decided he loses the ball too easily I tend to notice when he does it rather than when King or Wellens do the same.

Gallagher is a superb striker of a dead ball and scores good goals and since his hat-trick against Scunthorpe I have acknowledged that and since Sven came have not suggested he be dropped - unlike with Sousa I accept Sven's judgement on players. However, I do admit that whereas I thoroughly enjoy (and perhaps over-rate) Wellens, Naughton, Bamba and The Yak I do find Gallagher's play a trifle irritating.

Is Profondo right? Does anybody who goes to the matches agree with me about Gallagher and possession.

I do, I don't think Gallagher gets stuck in enough for my liking, which causes him to lose the ball as he isn't willing to put a foot in. Admittedly he's been getting involved a lot more recently & today, also like yourself I feel the quality he possesses is from a dead ball where he has a minute to think what to do with it and he doesn't seem to provide a lot else.

I have always felt the reason I find Gallagher so irritating is that he has such quality and is the most technically-gifted player we have at the club, yet he just doesn't seem to use his ability regularly. He just drifts in and out of games, much like King.

Last edited:
Cba to argue, but needless to say not every player has to get stuck and work hard, if it is not their job. Yes, players like that are needed in a team, but as are technically gifted players.

I find the attitude in English football culture that the players who get stuck in are rarely criticised for not being technical enough, when technical players are criticised for not being physical enough a lot lot more, rather odd. Both are needed in a team.

Personally, I'd much rather watch a player like Gallagher than a player like Steve Howard or Wayne Brown any day of the week.

Last edited:
Cba to argue, but needless to say not every player has to get stuck and work hard, if it is not their job.

I can't believe that anyone questioning Gallagher's performance today was at the game. They must have wandered into another stadium. Poor souls.

I agree that Gally is not a strong holder of the ball but the team know that and cover him. He is our lesser version of Beckham and I always expect that at least one of his free kicks is going to go in.

He really pissed off the 'Beast' as well by turning his back on him for the penalty. I wonder if others will copy his 'not being distracted by the goalie' trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669