Post Match Leicester City 4 Derby 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This comments below are from the Derby fans forum.
I should also give credit to someone called Kilworth Fox who went on there and gently stirred them up. He should come on here and join people like Boc Mawsley and myself in The Windup Merchants Club.

You must be confusing me with somebody else. Every word I write, here or elsewhere, is in absolute earnest.

He should come on here and join people like Boc Mawsley and myself in The Windup Merchants Club.

For somebody that is apparently a member of such an esteemed club, you're quite emotional and easily bruised at times David

It's alright lads, he's just winding you up. I'm surprised you didn't realise, what you being in the club as well like

The daft thing is that I have always felt that DG posts have been serious too.

I'm not going to believe a word he says in future!

Maybe he's just winding you up on this occasion and he does, in fact, generally tell the truth.

Maybe he's just winding you up on this occasion and he does, in fact, generally tell the truth.

This is getting too confusing for me. I'm going to have to lie down.

This comments below are from the Derby fans forum.
I should also give credit to someone called Kilworth Fox who went on there and gently stirred them up. He should come on here and join people like Boc Mawsley and myself in The Windup Merchants Club.

Smiffy
Good job Howard can only play 10 mins nowadays, he murdered us when he came on.
They were just too good today, that's it move on.
We need an Howard though badly, but one a bit younger

Rammy Dodger
In watching Howard play for about ten years, thats the first time he's ever tried to dribble the ball into the box past defenders
Our backline made Steve Howard look like Theo Walcott today, FFS .

I'm rather enjoying reading this about Howard, what a legend!

I was listening to 6-0-6 last night and they said that Howard Webb missed a really bad two-footed challenge. I must have missed it too. Does anyone know who was involved in that?

I was listening to 6-0-6 last night and they said that Howard Webb missed a really bad two-footed challenge. I must have missed it too. Does anyone know who was involved in that?

Shackell on King, I had said at the time it was a lunge and probably a red. It was towards the end, so probably lost in the shine of a four goal victory.

For somebody that is apparently a member of such an esteemed club, you're quite emotional and easily bruised at times David

I would be concerned about anyone who does not get emotional. Everyone who has travelled for many years will have seen and heard about things that should make people emotional.
I get emotional at the Remembrance Day matches because I have done serious interviews with verterans of both world wars and (unbelievably in the early 1960s) a veteran of the Boer War.
I get emotional on the few occasions I have been at a match and the national anthem has been played.

The only time I remember being bruised on here was when A post meant humorously suggested I was senile and another meant seriosuly followed it up I felt got very personal. This I might have shrugged off had I not decided drom the startthat on the internet I would always use my own name. Looking back rightly or wrongly I still feel the two posts were too personal.

It's alright lads, he's just winding you up. I'm surprised you didn't realise, what you being in the club as well like

Of course I deliberately chose Mawsley because we recently sparred on another thread and Boc because he tried to wind me up this thread.

I have never written anything I did not believe to be true.
Sometimes I will use a word or phrase deliberately to provoke a reactiion since a forum needs debate.

It had occurred to me to do a post pointing out that it was a good day for managers with Leicester City connections since Pearson, Holloway and Grayson all won. However since the talk of wind ups I thiought this would be too obvious.
I have believed everything I have written in favour of Holloway but I will admit my posts on him have often been to provoke one particular member.

David - that would be me. However, I do not have 'Sven Out' banner waiting to be unfurled.

In defence it was only intended as a pisstake/ruse.

It was Kingy, he wanted to know how long he had to wait before he could chant for Sven out.

I have to make a special mention for Bamba. He does not win 50-50 balls in the normal way that Mills might. He gives the impression of having made a total hash of it. You feel he has lost the ball in a dangerous area when low and behold he emerges with the ball and the opponent floundering. I am not in any way suggesting he is Weller's class but he provokes the same reaction in me - "how come he has still got the ball."

I completely agree with you on this one, David and have said this before when people have criticised him and called him a "bombscare." Bamba is fast becoming one of my favourite ever Leicester players. Yeah, he dwells on the ball at times, but whenever you think he's lost it he somehow manages to keep hold of it. He must be the most skillful player we've had for years, some of the things he pulls off when under pressure to keep hold of the ball just make me laugh out loud in almost disbelief of what he's just done. I find him an exceptionally entertaining player to watch.

Of course, he'll go and completely cock up 5 minutes later, but that's almost half the fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570