Post Match Leicester City 5 Bolton Wanderers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a Micky Adams team in 2003. IIRC we scored as many in that first half as wolves had scored so far that season. We then capitulated in the second half, not for the last time that season either.

That season was full of goals...Boro away where we ****ed it up after being 3-1 up on 90 minutes. The mental game at Spuds away too.

Finally someone mentions it!

1-0 and 3-1 down. Winning 4-3 with a minute to go and manage to grab a draw out of the jaws of victory?

Scowcroft sent off in the middle of it all?

Last edited:
Thought it was Thatcher.

I seem to remember Thatcher getting carried off in a home game but don't remember him being sent off whilst playing for us. Didn't he get one of the goals?

Yup - just checked - it was o.g., Ferdinand, Thatcher and Bent.

Does anyone have the highlights?. I live in France and will miss the East Midlands Today highlights tonight.

Scowcroft sent off in the middle of it all?

Mauricio Taricco had been making some really bad challenges on Scowcroft all through the match, with no protection from the ref. Scowcroft made one bad challenge and Taricco went down as though he'd been hit by a bus. I'll make some rude gestures at the cheating **** when I see him on Sunday.

Thanks Jeff, I really enjoyed that. I was over for the Fulham game, but that must have been even better. Good to see a 26k crowd there as well. Let's hope that the crowds will continue to increase for the rest of the season, as that would significantly increase the revenue and give us more funds for transfers and/or loan signings.

Only just watched the highlights. The defending for all 3 of their goals was pretty poor - Moritz did well to finish that first one though! Just threw a toe out at it

Then again saying about our defending, can't imagine they'd have been happy seeing Knocky, probably the smallest player on the pitch, scoring a header!

I seem to remember Thatcher getting carried off in a home game but don't remember him being sent off whilst playing for us. Didn't he get one of the goals?

Yup - just checked - it was o.g., Ferdinand, Thatcher and Bent.

One of the few games I've seen a free kick for a backpass being given. And if I remember rightly it was a pretty harsh one. Wasn't that also the game when Taggart got subbed and starting telling Micky to do one? Bizarre season.

Last edited:
I seem to remember Thatcher getting carried off in a home game....

Was that the one all draw at home to Arsenal when Cashley got sent off for a two footed leg breaker on Thatcher?

Was that the one all draw at home to Arsenal when Cashley got sent off for a two footed leg breaker on Thatcher?

I think you're right.

And can the table on the right be updated. i was thinking we had slipped back to 3rd.

The table is automatically updated, it's nicked from the Mockery's website.
I took it from this page - http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/leicestercity which has now gone and been redirected to a page with no table on it. I can't find a Championship table on their site at all now. I used that one because it was narrow enough to fit at the side of the page - most online tables are too wide and break the formatting.

I'm sure I'll be able to fix the problem, but I'm not going to estimate when it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669