Post Match Leicester City 5 Bolton Wanderers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn´t you have a pop at Dyer too? (1 goal, 2 assists & MOM):shade:

No. I was having a pop at the teams lack of clinical finishing, which if I'm honest, just came out as a complete moan due to my horrendous mood yesterday but I don't think was unreasonable. I wasn't questioning anyone's place in the side, nor their effort, commitment or anything. Just that the amount of chances we pass up worries me.

Dyer has been the best and most consistent he has ever been for us IMO.

A day like today (in terms of taking chances) has been a long, long time coming.

Ian Ormondroyd (sticks) scored in the last minute to make it 4-4 against Watford. Remember it well.

I was there for the two 4-4 home draws and both 7-1 away defeats so yesterday was my fifth 8 goal bonanza match. Can't be many who can have been at all five of those.

Yesterday was a bizarre game. Pre-match I was concerned that we'd not rotated the squad a bit but with ten minutes on the clock I was delighted with the display. We were truly excellent and Bolton were a bunch of charlies not prepared to do the ugly things.

Then we simply stopped marking and defending properly with Wes Morgan completely absent for about half an hour. It was absurd. Somehow, due to Bolton's shambolic defending we were able to go in at half time on level terms. Dyer against Baptiste was a no contest and we could have created goals every time from there. Mills was exactly like he was for us, completely ineffective defensively.

In the second half, we clearly dropped our central midfielders a little deeper to protect the back four and the game become less like a basketball game. Schmeichel's second half save was sensational, Knockaert's free kick was excellent, Dyer's goal wonderful fun and GTF deserved his goal for a rather decent cameo.

Overall, James was the star of the show. Apart from a spell of haring about like a man possessed, Vardy was poor. For me, Morgan is getting away with a number of below par performances this season and this game was one of his poorest.

Several of our players looked completely shagged out towards the end and I'd advocate wholesale changes for the Millwall game. Vardy will be missing anyway but Drinkwater, Konckesky, Dyer, Morgan and Nugent all desperately need a rest.

Last edited:
That´s getting to be a standard reply Cate! I remember you being a lot more malleable when we were queueing up to sort out your front garden, last season:054:

Does her bush need trimming again yet?

Wasn´t there a 4-4 against palace at filbo in the eighties, snowy conditions, all other matches off & this 2nd tier match shown on Danish TV instead:114:

And away at Villa when Little left us.

We were truly excellent and Bolton were a bunch of charlies not prepared to do the ugly things.

That's an interesting point BN. I watched most of the Forest v QPR match the other day, when Forest completely outplayed them and this was the main thing I noticed about QPR that day. I was speaking to a Forest supporting friend a couple of days later and he'd noticed the same thing. For all the nice play and talk of tactics, it's still important to do the basics well and QPR certainly couldn't be arsed to do it that day, maybe that's why they've had a few iffy results recently.

Three things:
1. That was the most bonkers game I've been to in a long, long while.
2. Lloyd Dyer was fantastic, his opposing full back will be having recurring nightmares for a few weeks I reckon.
3. Happy New Year!

Another bonkers game. Were a MONs side 0-3 up away to Wolves at half-time, and lost 4-3? Didn't MON then drop almost the entire team for the next match?

Another bonkers game. Were a MONs side 0-3 up away to Wolves at half-time, and lost 4-3? Didn't MON then drop almost the entire team for the next match?

That was a Micky Adams team in 2003. IIRC we scored as many in that first half as wolves had scored so far that season. We then capitulated in the second half, not for the last time that season either.

It happened, but more recently than the MON era. It was Micky Adams who dropped SIX of them from the following weeks starters.

Also of interest in the Molineux game, Joey (from the halfway line) was in their line-up but replaced a quarter of the way through by Shaun Newton.

Crazy game, great win.

But for the love of god, CLOSE THE ****ERS DOWN!!!!!

My mind or memory is playing tricks on me.

Was Bobby Davisons a cracking goal as well?

Last edited:
That was a Micky Adams team in 2003. IIRC we scored as many in that first half as wolves had scored so far that season. We then capitulated in the second half, not for the last time that season either.

Worse game I've ever been to - had tickets in the Wolves end and had to stifle my joy in the first half only to be jumped all over by jubilant Wolves fans in the second... left 5 minutes before the end (only one to do so obviously) to find I'd been double parked and had to wait to the end anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669