Leicester City Fixtures 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree I think Tigers will have to move the Boxing Day clash, we have a game on the 28th Dec so cant see us moving to the Sunday. I suppose there is always the option of changing the kick off time so that either us or them kick off earlier, if this is allowed

I'm not certain, but when the Tigers new stadium is up and running, we won't be allowed games on the same day as them, even if they are at different times - something to do with health and safety I think.

I'm not certain, but when the Tigers new stadium is up and running, we won't be allowed games on the same day as them, even if they are at different times - something to do with health and safety I think.

They are doing one stand at a time, so I believe it will be about three years untill it is complete - the " Caterpillar " stand will be ready for next season.

They are doing one stand at a time, so I believe it will be about three years untill it is complete - the " Caterpillar " stand will be ready for next season.

Ahh right, well I'm sure I heard that next season we wouldn't be allowed matches on the same day - maybe the increased capacity from the new stand would be enough for the powers that be to make us play our matches on different days?

You're right. The extension takes the current capacity up to 23,000 (I think) and there are concerns that us in the Championship and Tigers on the same day would be a problem given the close proximity of the hospital.

Which IMO is horsecrap. Alright fair play, if we have two big games and two sell-out's but I remember when we had 15,000 at Welford Rd and 32,000 at the Walkers in the Adams Premiership season, no problem then. So how come 20k at both games this season is different? In fact we had 24,000 against P'boro (off the top of my head) this season and there was no problem then either with staggered kick-offs.

Last edited:
You're right. The extension takes the current capacity up to 23,000 (I think) and there are concerns that us in the Championship and Tigers on the same day would be a problem given the close proximity of the hospital.

Which IMO is horsecrap. Alright fair play, if we have two big games and two sell-out's but I remember when we had 15,000 at Welford Rd and 32,000 at the Walkers in the Adams Premiership season, no problem then. So how come 20k at both games this season is different? In fact we had 24,000 against P'boro (off the top of my head) this season and there was no problem then either with staggered kick-offs.

it makes you wonder how the authorities cope with over 70k at old trafford every other week :102:

I'm changing the habits of a life-time and actually hoping that the Boxing Day game is moved. Reason? - no public transport on Boxing Day.

I agree. For me walking to the ground is a bit difficult; having to then walk back after the game is a real problem. To have a match when there is no public transport seems to me quite wrong.

I agree. For me walking to the ground is a bit difficult; having to then walk back after the game is a real problem. To have a match when there is no public transport seems to me quite wrong.

It isn't 'quite wrong', it's tradition and attendance isn't compulsory.
Perhaps you could write to uncle Milan and get him to lay on a taxi for you, or maybe write to your MP and petition to have it banned on inconvenience grounds.

Maybe a kick off time change for us both :102:

The Safety Advisory Group have already said quite clearly that City and Tigers will not be allowed to play at home on the same day this season.

It isn't 'quite wrong'

It is, but DG has it arse about face. Those people not laying on the public transport at appropriate times are the ones to blame, not the football schedulers. It's known that thousands of people travel across the country on Boxing Day. Why no transport?

it's tradition

To have no means of getting anywhere on a (more or less randomly) designated day of the year?

attendance isn't compulsory.

Actually, for many people, it kind of is.

Perhaps you could write to uncle Milan and get him to lay on a taxi for you, or maybe write to your MP and petition to have it banned on inconvenience grounds.

Or maybe we - the public - should have more say in how our 'public' transport system is run rather than have it ruined by companies interested more in squeezing as much profit as possible out of people than providing a service.

Did you see the article about the amount of work that goes into compiling the football fixtures and all the considerations.This is clearly not the case with the RFU.How hard is it to look at our fixtures and alternate them ?

Last edited:

interesting about the lack of local matches on boxing day, i remember going to Derby on boxing day in the 70's and if my memory is correct at that time most teams played one of the local rivals. i also recall that they stopped this practice due to the instances of hooliganism all around the country.

you could put up a good arguement that the clubs themselves do not want to play a local rival on boxing day, as local matches should be a reasonable attendance whatever time of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669