Leicester City set to unveil third members in the consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Football League have told us today that there are a few minor elements to be clarified & they won't approve until they have absolutely everything they require, but these could be available to give approval early next week.

We queried the perception that in comparison that the Liverpool takeover appeared to get Premier approval within days. This is because the Liverpool information had been provided in advance of the club recently going public on the deal.

Our club have done things the wrong way around, announcing first & then going to the Football League, hence the perception it is dragging on, when in fact the processes for both deals have taken around the same length of time.

We asked the Football League how many parties were involved in Asia Football Investments, but they wouldn't divulge the information, but re-stated, once the deal is approved that the club, under the League's new guidelines has to make any investors owning greater then a 10% stake public by clearly stating details on the club website.

Since you are in the mood for openness and clarity: how many members have you got?

It's not how the press conveyed the discussion. The interview was televised and it was clearly Eriksson who inferred the level of the new owners' backing. He said that the owners had asked him how much he needed and added, "That's good".

I'm talking about the press all reporting that he has as much as he needs to spend.

That isn't the case as your link proved, they said how much do you need? Not, you've got as much as it takes.

I'm talking about the press all reporting that he has as much as he needs to spend.

That isn't the case as your link proved, they said how much do you need? Not, you've got as much as it takes.

The inference was there though in Sven's words and expression. I don't think the press have been unfair in this instance.

The inference was there though in Sven's words and expression. I don't think the press have been unfair in this instance.

Down to how you interpret it then really, for me there is a massive difference between "How much do you need?" and the "As much as you need" I hear reported.

Down to how you interpret it then really, for me there is a massive difference between "How much do you need?" and the "As much as you need" I hear reported.

Agreed. No way has he got a blank cheque

Agreed. No way has he got a blank cheque

And Sven will realise that neither "how much do you need?" nor 'as much as you need' amounts to a blank cheque. I would be surprised if anybody did.

Where is Joe these days?

I understand he's on his way to Cumbria to take Jeff out for the evening, in the hope of distracting him for long enough to make sure that he forgets to send his predictions in.

Looks like deal is finalised as Stringer has tweeted

"I think the deal for Asia Football Investments (Top) to takeover as owners at Leicester City will be ratified tomorrow. Just a hunch ;-)"

Stringer:

"The deal for Asia Football Investments to takeover #LCFC will be ratified by the football league at midday. Details of the deal remain vague."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669