Pre Match Leicester City v Tottenham - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted the Twitter app from my phone earlier this week to avoid Spiderman spoilers (vital!), with the added benefit of avoiding COVID conspiracy theories being a pleasant extra.

Then this thread comes along to plug that gap! :064:

At least you're not chatting about the new Spiderman film though (don't you dare)
In most versions of the Multiverse Kane banged in a hattrick tonight.

Just so you understand for the last time I spend zero, ZERO time on YouTube and whatever bitchtube is. To again (because clearly you fail to comprehend) call someone out as stupid because they have a different opinion to you is crass.

I have a broad knowledge of the subject working in community pharmacy so completely understand the dynamics of what I describe.

I give not, a shit for someone who has died ‘with’ omecron, as a vehicle being used by a government to pedal inaccurate and uninformed and baseless stats. If you CHOOSE to believe this, then more power to your elbow.

A simple question that perhaps in your enlightened and elevated position you may be able to answer for us ****s:

Can you please confirm the number of PCR tests carried out historically verses the positive results with particular focus on the omicron variant since Tuesday? Please include hospitalisations and deaths as surely this is important?
To soon to narrow any figures down to Omicron, historically around 170M PCR tests have been carried out with a little over 11M testing positive for COVID.

PCR tests are not only for people who are symptomatic, many people are tested regularly for work purposes.

My family suffer from diabetes and heart disease. I think we need fast food to be taxed higher, sugar taxes, etc. Perhaps others don't think this because they're not affected the same way.
Oh. So you are in favour of the government taking “mandatory” action to combat a killer disease.

It's no use, they have seen through the evil plan.

Stage one: Wantonly and indiscriminately protect people from a deadly threat. (evil laugh)

Stage two: Mass murder.

Stage Three: Rule for a thousand years (at the pleasure of our Lizard overlords of course)

Alas out plan has been foiled, back to the drawing board

Ah, the regularly pedalled out "of course there's more cases, it's because we're testing more!"

1. People get tested when they think they might have COVID because they have symptoms or a close contact with COVID, so more tests can easily be an effect of more COVID cases, rather than vice versa

2. In the last 7 days, tests are up 18.5% whereas cases are up 31.4% - so the amount of cases is increasing quicker than the number of tests.

Also if you're as well versed in this as you say, you'd know that hospitalisations and deaths lag behind reported cases, so the effects of the rapidly increase Omnicron cases on those numbers won't really have been seen yet.
It's peddled.

It's no use, they have seen through the evil plan.

Stage one: Wantonly and indiscriminately protect people from a deadly threat. (evil laugh)

Stage two: Mass murder.

Stage Three: Rule for a thousand years (at the pleasure of our Lizard overlords of course)

Alas out plan has been foiled, back to the drawing board
Of course the antivax brigade are silly, and strong measures to protect vulnerable people are necessary, but I don't think you should completely dismiss the idea that our government is taking advantage of this crisis to push their own agenda. Secondly, through all this debate around whether or not the vaccine should be mandatory, we are forgetting that the rollout of the vaccine in this country has been complete crap. In my opinion plenty of people who say they don't want to get the jab would be double vaccinated if it was easier to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566