Match Thread Leicester City vs PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in a friendly PSG showing how far behind the Premier League is in champions league terms, they look far better than our competitors last year.

What will Barca do to us?

I'm bored. It would be nice to see us touch the ball.

Ranieri is a genius tactician. He's lulling all these big Euro teams into a false sense of security before the proper Champions League games.

Ranieri is a genius tactician. He's lulling all these big Euro teams into a false sense of security before the proper Champions League games.

More seriously at least we will be learning some lessons from these matches before heading in cold to face them.

Although the sky commentator has remarked that our preparation for the season is very similar to Chelsea's disastrous preparation for their own title defence.

Saw on Twitter that Wenger is at the match? Which will no doubt fuel the Mahrez rumours again, although thankfully he didn't do a huge amount today.

What did I set my alarm for this for?

City way off the pace. We looked far more at home schmoozing for the PR exercise than actually playing football.

Simpson put a shift in for 45 mins. The rest, meh. New boys Musa and Mendy very meh.

Second half line up looked a lot better but the damage was done in the first half. That should boost the odds nicely for a CL Win this year! Seriously not too fussed about this result, but the next one needs to show we've learnt from it. They're no Oxford though!

A nice confidence boost before the season starts.

I hate this shit, all I see is our players having a fun time having pics with shitty American celebs and us getting a good hammering by more focused team.

Still, hopefully we've found out a few things that may help.

Wow, let's not forget that no matter how much the sponsors and sky would like to think otherwise this is just a preseason friendly. I very much doubt the starting eleven from today will be what we go for in the majority of matches. Much better everyone gets a run out than us playing as if it really matters and burning out players who aren't at full fitness yet.

Not great. There was an air of 'can't be arsed' from our team about that. Wasteful finishing and some defensive lapses. Not impressed from what I've seen from Musa and Mendy in these 3 games...

Clearly not up to pace and I do worry that we've not got enough friendlies in this pre-season.

Not great. There was an air of 'can't be arsed' from our team about that. Wasteful finishing and some defensive lapses. Not impressed from what I've seen from Musa and Mendy in these 3 games...

Clearly not up to pace and I do worry that we've not got enough friendlies in this pre-season.

If Wikipedia isn't chatting shit we have 4 this season compared to 5 last season. Last season we played one friendly the day after another so wouldn't expect it was the same players. Didn't harm us too much last year.

We'll be lucky if they don't just kick us out of the champions league before it even begins. Probably get relegated tomorrow as well.

We were complete and utter shite from start to finish

That is all

Thought we were tense, nervous and overawed at the start. Kasper had a poor game. Did not look or act his usual calm confident self at anytime. Would like to have seen Run Rabbit get some more time in goal. He looked quite miffed before the players walked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669