Match Thread Leicester City vs PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to watch this hungover today but maybe not then!

I do hope we're not going to regret our pre-season games... People can say the results don't matter, but I do think it helps to keep momentum going with wins.

It gives us a lesson to learn from, let's just hope we're not heavily beaten by Barca to go with it

Outclassed.

We're seriously going to miss Kante this year. Mendy probably needs abit of time but at the moment I've seen nothing to suggest he's anywhere near good enough to replace Kante (who would be though?)

Edit; we need another center back too.

Outclassed.

We're seriously going to miss Kante this year. Mendy probably needs abit of time but at the moment I've seen nothing to suggest he's anywhere near good enough to replace Kante (who would be though?)

He's a completely different player. Mendy is a much better passer but is nowhere near Kante in terms of tackles, interceptions and tracking back. To me, Mendy is more similar to Drinkwater.

It would have been interesting to see how Kante and Mendy would have played together...

He's a completely different player. Mendy is a much better passer but is nowhere near Kante in terms of tackles, interceptions and tracking back. To me, Mendy is more similar to Drinkwater.

It would have been interesting to see how Kante and Mendy would have played together...

That's kind of the point though. Hes a good passer. Great. Sure he made the most amount of successful passes or something last season. Which suggests he plays it safe. Keeps the ball. But that's not our game. We take chances, get the ball forward quickly.
He's /or us are going to have change our game.

Anyway early days yet.

Not bothered. PSG have been ripping teams to bits all preseason.

I really hope fans give Mendy time to settle. He has enormous shoes to fill, but that isn't his fault.

Who the feck cares?

2 years ago we drew to York City, got spanked by Monaco and then lost to Northampton fecking Town in our final 3 games before the start of the season.

Then we went and spunked the league with a club record 102 points.

Then under Peter Taylor we always used to have flawless pre-seasons where we'd win pretty much every game comfortably.

It's just a training exercise to get players' fitness up to scratch and to experiment with different line-ups and see which players might gel together and which might not.

Still have no idea why anyone watches these friendlies let alone takes the scorelines or performances to mean anything.

Who the feck cares?

2 years ago we drew to York City, got spanked by Monaco and then lost to Northampton fecking Town in our final 3 games before the start of the season.

Then we went and spunked the league with a club record 102 points.

Then under Peter Taylor we always used to have flawless pre-seasons where we'd win pretty much every game comfortably.

It's just a training exercise to get players' fitness up to scratch and to experiment with different line-ups and see which players might gel together and which might not.

Still have no idea why anyone watches these friendlies let alone takes the scorelines or performances to mean anything.
I haven't seen anyone freak out over the scoreline (haven't been on Foxestalk though), I've seen valid concerns based on performances in that game which surely is one of the things that pre-season games are for. The fact that Mendy seems a different type of player than Kanté, for example, is highly relevant. Of course there's nothing we can do but wait until the season starts but that goes for everything that's ever been said on this forum

I think Mendy looks excellent in possession of the ball. He doesn't however look like a Kante type ball winner but lets face it, who does. This is why I think we were revert to a 4-3-3 to provide more legs in the centre of the field.

I think Mendy looks excellent in possession of the ball. He doesn't however look like a Kante type ball winner but lets face it, who does. This is why I think we were revert to a 4-3-3 to provide more legs in the centre of the field.

My thoughts too. From what I've seen so far, I think most of our squad now suit 4-3-3 better than 4-4-2. Kante made such a difference and I can't see Mendy, Amartey, King or James being able to cover sufficient ground. I also think Mahrez will do better with more attacking freedom (as will Schlupp, Gray and Musa) in that formation.

That's kind of the point though. Hes a good passer. Great. Sure he made the most amount of successful passes or something last season. Which suggests he plays it safe. Keeps the ball. But that's not our game. We take chances, get the ball forward quickly.
He's /or us are going to have change our game.

Anyway early days yet.

Have you watched any of the friendlies?

Playing it safe and keeping the ball isn't the reason why he makes so many successful passes. That's not his style at all.

kasper (with threat to his job

Simpson
Huth (Hernandez to deputies during suspension)
Morgan
Fuchs (job under threat, looked well off pace last night)

Drinky
Mendy
Polish lad/Amartey (if Amartey Drinky furthest forward)

Mahrez
Vardy
Albrighton (also under threat from Musa and Gray)

Shinji drops to bench.

Look about right?

I also think we need to take into consideration that PSG looked a lot better without Abracadabravitch!

And we looked like we were missing Kante! ...and Vardy ...and whole bunch of energy.

We'll get over it.

Team to start vs Barcelona and brief report of their performance vs PSG

Kasper | okay, at times left exposed

Simpson | better option than Hernandez
Hernandez | not a full back, good throws
Morgan | struggled at times but needed
Fuchs |still showing his Euros form & looked off pace. Chilwell on if no better

Drinky | Not got passing together yet
Mendy | He's not Kanté II everyone!!

Mahrez| Good free kick but not lot else
Okazaki | Tried hard -give him 60 mins
Musa | Headless chicken- shoulda scored
Gray| Best player in second half
Subs
Zieler | n/a so Give him some game time
Chilwell |Needs more top level eperience
King | Euros hangover? Anonymous
Schlupp| lack class at vital point as usual
Ulloa |Tried hard-Unlikely he'll get a kick
Vardy |n/a If fit on for second half 4 Musa
Albrighton | Poor effort when through on goal showed he perhaps not able step up
Amartey |stupid challenge for penalty not sure where play him as not full back too
Huth| Showed might get caught out more this season. Pity he wasn't heading 1st half chance missed by Amartey
Wasilewski | Bring him on near end

By far the lowest point of my time following City, this result eclipsed every relegation and each YouTube signing by Mendaciouseric. We will now spiral into the Conference.

Doomed.

According to the bottom half of the internet we'll be fighting relegation from Xmas onwards.Normal service has been resumed.Everything we've achieved since the start of the great escape under NP was pure luck.Mahrez is a flash in the pan.Without Kante we won't win a tackle all season,Smart money is piling on Chelsea for the title.

I'm in awe of their genius.

One pre-season friendly & all of that has been revealed to their incredible analytical minds.

Or they're just a bunch of laughable ****s.

Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670