Leicester City vs Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a brilliant performance like last week, but we got the points, and we deserved all 3.

Not sure about David Martin, would much prefer Henderson in goal.
Hobbs and Morrison were again very solid at the back, Morrison looks a very good find indeed. Gilbert IMO was our best player today.

I didn't think Fryatt had a great game by all means, but can't complain when he scores another brace.

Our worst player I thought was Andy King, don't see what Pearson sees in him. (where's Wesolowski?)

All in all, a very happy bunny indeed. :038:

What MHS said.

I notice Mr Hume is casting his magic over Barnsley FC.

3 games, 3 defeats :icon_lol:

Good job they got him on the cheap. Oh, hold on...........:icon_lol:

I though Martin looked solid and reliable up until the time he missed that looping cross which then seemed to knock his confidence especially with his kicking-but i would still have him over henderson based on that performance.

Adams did nothing and Gradel completely outshone him

Hobbs and Morrison look good but i'm worried they'll get caught out in future weeks by trying to be too fancy.

Gilbert got better and better as the game went on, and Fryatt did nothing but score-but who cares!

I though Martin looked solid and reliable up until the time he missed that looping cross which then seemed to knock his confidence especially with his kicking-but i would still have him over henderson based on that performance.

Adams did nothing and Gradel completely outshone him

Hobbs and Morrison look good but i'm worried they'll get caught out in future weeks by trying to be too fancy.

Gilbert got better and better as the game went on, and Fryatt did nothing but score-but who cares!
Absolutely spot on, Bongo.

Last edited:
Is Fryatt the top scorer in League One? Or did Lee Hughes get a hat trick today?

Personally I thought we walked it, never really kicked in to 2nd gear because we didnt need to.

Well, that's just fantastic MF and SH.

Suddenly we may have a good pair upfront. I always felt that if SH got to a good start this season he would score a hatful....

Re: City vs Tranmere

very emotional commentary when the goal went in.

making notes Barber? you ****

i heard the highlights when we got back to the car, and your right!

give the boy a biscuit after fryatt's first made me chuckle:icon_lol:

the back 4 worries me a bit ,Tranmere's goal ,they where all to busy moaning at the ref that the lineman's had flagged for a throw in (and rightly so)

but the ref played the advantage and Tranmere didn't ask twice and got the goal,i think they need an older head in their to help them out .

Last edited:
the back 4 worries me a bit ,Tranmere's goal ,they where all to busy moaning at the ref that the lineman's had flagged for a throw in (and rightly so)

but the ref played the advantage and Tranmere didn't ask twice and got the goal,i think they need an older head in their to help them out .

You can't play advantage if the ball was out of play. If the ref played advantage it's because the linesman had flagged for a foul, not a throw in.

The ref was a complete and utter c**t today.

2 cast iron penalties waved away, a clear cut corner waved away. Dickov pulled up for handball whan he was 2cm away from hard hit ball as he was clear on goal. (x) amount of wrong offside decisions in the second half against our forwards.

Shocking performance from the officials.

the back 4 worries me a bit ,the Tranmere goal they where all to bisy moan at the ref that the linemans had flagged for a throw in (and rightly so)

look to me like he flagged for a free kick to them, we shouldnt have stopped like we did, play to the whistle and all that. my veiw not that its worth much;

martin - sound under pressure in the first half, flapped once in the second but he looked okay

dyer - some good bursts of pace but he aint no left-back, that showed when making clearences etc

hobbs - put himself about, just abit lackluster at times imo, letting the ball bounce too much

morrison - sound, but like hobbs fell asleep on the goal

gilbert - good pace, i think he's settled in nicely, good physically

porter - quiet, but broke really well into space and got some crosses in, he seemed to be playing the easy ball and i liked that

king - he's got to settle down, he lacked any real composure and tbh i think we would benefit from having kishishev just kicking people

oakley - ahn involved matt oakley really made a difference for us imo. he played some lovely passes and got stuck in to the hard work in the second half

gradel - he's direct and exciting, just needs some discipline, lovely free kick for fryatt's first

fryatt - sign of a decent goal scorer? shit performance but two poacher's goals. i prefer to see him with his back to goal but he didnt get an awful lot into his feet

howard - good performance, he won plenty of flick ons and put himself about, deserved his goal

adams - like him, quite tidy, and i think he's got a better final ball than gradel

dickov - shame he was on the wing, didn't really have a sniff

The ref was a complete and utter c**t today.

2 cast iron penalties waved away, a clear cut corner waved away. Dickov pulled up for handball whan he was 2cm away from hard hit ball as he was clear on goal. (x) amount of wrong offside decisions in the second half against our forwards.

Shocking performance from the officials.

too right, the one on fryatt in the second half when their center half dragged him down was a joke, and the dickov handball was unbelievable! The things that pissed me off most was the foul on gradel before the second goal which wasnt punished with a booking and when their striker literally rugby tackled jack hobbs!

howard - good performance, he won plenty of flick ons and put himself about, deserved his goal
He did indeed, he won most of them.

However, not many, if any of them found any of his own players.

I'm trying to fathom out who is to blame for this. The other players for not reading his headers? or him for heading where there is no hope of a team mate reaching it?

He did indeed, he won most of them.

However, not many, if any of them found any of his own players.

I'm trying to fathom out who is to blame for this. The other players for not reading his headers? or him for heading where there is no hope of a team mate reaching it?

i think it's a case of giving him and the players around him some time, to say whose fault it was is difficult, because it shouldn't just be down to fryatt to get to the flick ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669