Leicester feud with Premier League over spending rules could spill into next year

So basically, in 2002 we went bust and into administration then got promoted before the ten pt punishment rules came in.

Breached FFP to get promoted in 2014 then won the league and paid off the EFL.

Now breached PSR and avoided punishment on a technicality.

Correct?
Sounds about right. Let’s hope karma is just a word.

I think so but it's getting all very technical from a legal point of view.

I'm not sure if it just means the independent panel has no jurisdiction and another panel may have jurisdiction instead

Or, it might actually mean unluckly PL, no point deduction for us you wankers!

It's like arguing that you shouldn't fail your driving test for knocking down a child because they walked into the road.

Nick De Marco must be pissing himself laughing at how much he can take from dopey Aiyawatt and his clowns.
Maybe not quite as dopey as we thought!

Come on @SilverFox you lazy, old bastard. Tell us the ins and outs....

....unless you're then going to send us letter with a ****ing bill. I know you legal types.
I will have a good read tomorrow on the train ride home. ;)

I’m bloody knackered. 4 hearings this week.

You know, I noticed this at the time and wondered why. Maybe we just found out.
I think it is more luck/coincidence.

I'm pretty sure we extended the accounting year so we could get the Maddison, and possibly Barnes, sale included in that year's accounts.

If we knew about the loophole then did we really plan to get relegated? Or just knew about it as a contingency??

Nothing of our recent dealings suggest we are anywhere near that switched on though....

From a brief scan of that it is a ****ing brilliant outcome. What a technicality. They certainly haven’t applied the ‘spirit’ of the rule, which is what the PL were hoping for. On strict interpretation we weren’t a PL ‘club’ at the time of breach, so outside their jurisdiction.

You can bet your arse they revise those rules quick smart. We had better be ****ing squeaky clean and compliant going forward because they will want a pound of flesh if they can get it.

Bloody brilliant. Of course everyone will be furious.

From a brief scan of that it is a ****ing brilliant outcome. What a technicality. They certainly haven’t applied the ‘spirit’ of the rule, which is what the PL were hoping for. On strict interpretation we weren’t a PL ‘club’ at the time of breach, so outside their jurisdiction.

You can bet your arse they revise those rules quick smart. We had better be ****ing squeaky clean and compliant going forward because they will want a pound of flesh if they can get it.

Which makes it even better in a way.

Whilst on paper this is clearly a great result, it may serve as additional impetuous for teams to try that little bit harder against us to "right a wrong".

That’s the measure of it.

Yeah that's about how I see it, although not certain on the dates.

The fact we extended our accounts until end of June is definitely what has saved us.

Although reading though some of the decision, it appears the PL may have 14 days to appeal this appeal:

View attachment 18940
Is our financial year end relevant? If the reporting date for PSR calculations is 30 June, it doesn’t matter when our financial year end is, we would just have to submit figures for PSR that run up to that date, surely? I can understand why we’d change our year end to then, to bring it into line with that date makes it a bit easier to do, but if our year end was still earlier, we’d always be allowed to factor in transactions after the year end, but within the PSR calculations window.

I could be wrong here, but I don’t think changing this would make any difference.

Ultimately, aren’t the key things here the date at which the charge is triggered and the date at which our membership of the Premier League ends? The fact that they’re out of line is what seems to have saved us.

I don't know why the PL are worrying. Not having to waste time on us will surely give them more opportunity to deal with ManCity 115 times and to do a bit of scrutiny on Chelsea's books.

Oh...

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Liverpool49
4Aston Villa49
5Brighton48
6Newcastle48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46