Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pearson given permission to talk to Leicester

Things could be far worser.

No.

edit: I can see why you get that impression though with me being a pretentious wanker with anally retentive tendencies.

Last edited:
When I've been to job interviews, the line that came back to bug me was, haven't got enough experience in our products etc.
To the point on the umpteenth time, I (politely) asked how am I supposed to get the experience if you don't employ me?
So for those that are saying x,y,or z doesn't have enough experience for the premiership, how are they supposed to get it, or are we just supposed to put up with those that have been there and failed?

By getting Hull promoted would be a good start. We should be looking for someone with experience of promotion from the Championship or being able to get into promotion situations time and again i.e. Davies and Keane

If you're a company looking to enter a new market you don't employ someone without the relevant experience and knowledge to head that dept, you employ someone who has experience of getting products into that market. We shouldn't be headhunting a manager who has little experience in this respect when there are better candidates out there who want the job.

By getting Hull promoted would be a good start. We should be looking for someone with experience of promotion from the Championship or being able to get into promotion situations time and again i.e. Davies and Keane

If you're a company looking to enter a new market you don't employ someone without the relevant experience and knowledge to head that dept, you employ someone who has experience of getting products into that market. We shouldn't be headhunting a manager who has little experience in this respect when there are better candidates out there who want the job.

You can't mention Keane and be expected to be taken seriously.

Did you watch us in League One? We were very stylish that season imo and were the top scorers in the country. Only reason he shifted to a more defensive side in the Championship was because he couldn't afford more stylish players, which he now can.

Honestly, this poor football under NP is utter revisionism.

Yes I did see the League One season, only missed a handful of games. We scored a lot of goals against poor opposition, Orient away being a great example of how you can play shit in the division and still win by a comfortable margin. The league was much worse than we could have imagined. I was also critical of the style we played during the championship campaign and was one of few to find it boring at the time and not a year or so later.

We should be looking for someone with experience of promotion from the Championship or being able to get into promotion situations time and again i.e. Keane

What?

Last edited:

haha no its just because I remember when studying Vietnam there was revisionism etc.

Yes I did see the League One season, only missed a handful of games. We scored a lot of goals against poor opposition, Orient away being a great example of how you can play shit in the division and still win by a comfortable margin. The league was much worse than we could have imagined. I was also critical of the style we played during the championship campaign and was one of few to find it boring at the time and not a year or so later.

You can't argue he was successful with us though in his short time. Whether you blame it on Kermo, the first leg, internal arguments or whatever, we came within one game of promotion with a worse squad than we have now.

Do people forget the miracle he performed at Sunderland? Yes he had a bad encounter at Ipswich but I'd still have him ahead of Pearson, because he's done it.

Less than one season where he did well with someone else's team = Getting into promotion situations time and time again?

Pearson has gotten into promotion situations more times than Keane.

Last edited:
We should be looking for someone with experience of promotion from the Championship or being able to get into promotion situations time and again i.e. Keane What? Do people forget the miracle he performed at Sunderland? Yes he had a bad encounter at Ipswich but I'd still have him ahead of Pearson, because he's done it.

He did it with a premier league quality side though. That was as expected as us in League 1.

I think I remember you being the one who said you were bored and mocking you fairly relentlessly on it as we scrapped for a playoff spot against all expectations.

Personally, and perhaps it's because I didn't have to watch the product as often as some, I loved that season...winning games was fun!

Last edited:
Someone else's team that was in the relegation zone when he took over and he led them to the title is no mean feat. If you re read my post I said with experience of getting promotion OR getting into those situations time and again. Pearson has only finished one campaign in the play off at this level. Davies has been there plenty of times. Learn to read before trying to shoot me down.

You can't argue he was successful with us though in his short time. Whether you blame it on Kermo, the first leg, internal arguments or whatever, we came within one game of promotion with a worse squad than we have now.

No I can't, but my issue is with the value for money I'll get from watching his style of play and whether or not our current set of players would adapt to it.

I loved both our seasons under NP! Personally, I enjoyed the football we played on him, but then I've always been an admirer of good defensive football anyway (probably from watching a lot of Italian football).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669