Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pearson given permission to talk to Leicester

I think I remember you being the one who said you were bored and mocking you fairly relentlessly on it as we scrapped for a playoff spot against all expectations.

Personally, and perhaps it's because I didn't have to watch the product as often as some, I loved that season...winning games was fun!

As I said in the other thread, I may have enjoyed it more staying at home and catching the highlights.

I just like winning...that's all that matters to me.

1-0 every week until the day i die...bliss.

Someone else's team that was in the relegation zone when he took over and he led them to the title is no mean feat. If you re read my post I said with experience of getting promotion OR getting into those situations time and again. Pearson has only finished one campaign in the play off at this level. Davies has been there plenty of times. Learn to read before trying to shoot me down.

But you still recommended Keane, which is fecking ridiculous.

As I said in the other thread, I may have enjoyed it more staying at home and catching the highlights.

Which is fair enough I suppose. I envy your ability to go to matches regularly, be assured of that.

I loved both our seasons under NP! Personally, I enjoyed the football we played on him, but then I've always been an admirer of good defensive football anyway (probably from watching a lot of Italian football).
Good example of why we probably have such differing opinions, I can't watch Italian football and never have been able to get past 5 minutes of it.

No I can't, but my issue is with the value for money I'll get from watching his style of play and whether or not our current set of players would adapt to it.

All I care about is winning; however, I do share your concern about our current players fitting into any system really. I honestly don't think he played a boring style though; with Fryatt up front we played some nice stuff through the middle. It was certainly nowhere near as dull as under Megson.

I do wonder...Waghorn to be recalled?

Will he go after Fryatt and Hobbs?

I hope the answer to both are "no".

I really think Pearson will turn Matt Mills into an awesome defender.

Good example of why we probably have such differing opinions, I can't watch Italian football and never have been able to get past 5 minutes of it.

Fair enough then.

Last edited:

I am puzzled: how come Saint Nigel was not the name on everyone's lips the moment Sven left? I cannot believe that it was because the return of the Prophet was too much to dream about. :102:

Someone else's team that was in the relegation zone when he took over and he led them to the title is no mean feat. If you re read my post I said with experience of getting promotion OR getting into those situations time and again. Pearson has only finished one campaign in the play off at this level. Davies has been there plenty of times. Learn to read before trying to shoot me down.

So would you like Megson back then? He's got promotion to the Premier League. how about Worthington? Mickeh?

The man who helmed, objectively speaking, the worst team in the history of the premier league?

Haha, forgot about that. Saying you don't want NP because if we went up he wouldn't have the experience in the PL to stay up, then saying you want Davies instead when the only PL experience he has is managing the worst side in the history of the English first tier. :icon_lol:

The man who helmed, objectively speaking, the worst team in the history of the premier league?

With next to no funding and a squad not capable enough of staying there. If anything it goes to show how well he did getting them there in the first place. Completely different scenario here, we have the funding in place to adapt our squad to the Premier League and he has the experience of managing a team in it (albeit a poor one) which means he has knowledge of what to expect from the opposition.

I seriously hope he gets appointed, would be brilliant!

With next to no funding and a squad not capable enough of staying there. If anything it goes to show how well he did getting them there in the first place. Completely different scenario here, we have the funding in place to adapt our squad to the Premier League and he has the experience of managing a team in it (albeit a poor one) which means he has knowledge of what to expect from the opposition.

Speaking out of both sides of your mouth a bit here....

You are saying a manager is defined by his ability to get promoted, but then saying that you can't judge a manager if he hasn't been given the right resources?

So what of the manager who has limited resources and hasn't been able to get his team promoted? I dunno, Nigel Pearson for example?

Speaking out of both sides of your mouth a bit here....

You are saying a manager is defined by his ability to get promoted, but then saying that you can't judge a manager if he hasn't been given the right resources?

So what of the manager who has limited resources and hasn't been able to get his team promoted? I dunno, Nigel Pearson for example?

I'm not saying he shouldn't be on a shortlist, he's done well at Hull and here. I'm just saying there are better candidates out there that should certainly be above him in the pecking order

It was certainly nowhere near as dull as under Megson.
In my mind that appointment never happened so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669