Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson's post-match press conferences will be one of the best things about him coming back. Never understand why people say they are "boring." To me, he is a dead-pan comedy genius. :icon_lol:

Yes, I love those interviews.

All this "going back to dreary and dull football" seems a bit odd to me. Has anyone watched us this season?

We've has 6 games this year without scoring and we're just over a quarter of the way in. Under Pearson we had 9/10 in a whole season last time in this league.

Bring on the dreary football if what we're seeing now is good.

Thank goodness someone else has said this because I thought I was going mad reading/hearing about the fantastic football we've been playing when I've not actually seen that on the pitch.

Re: Pearson given permission to talk to Leicester

I am puzzled: how come Saint Nigel was not the name on everyone's lips the moment Sven left? I cannot believe that it was because the return of the Prophet was too much to dream about. :102:

Who has beatified Nigel? Who has even stated that he'd be their first choice to replace Sventicles?

BBC five live have just reported that NP has been given permission to talk to us.

That was in their 4:30 sports news bulletin.

They changed their story for the 5:30 bulletin, and said he hadn't been given permission. But they said he's expected to start talks with us.

So I've merged the two Pearson threads.

In my mind that appointment never happened so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Some forum members have now become historical revisionists whereas you are going for the whole hollow-caustic denial.

Strange times.

I just like winning...that's all that matters to me.

1-0 every week until the day i die...bliss.
I've always felt the same but don't you think the fact that we (expat in your case, foreigner only staying in this country temporarily in mine) only get to a couple of matches each season has something to do with that? When I'm listening to the radio, what I want to hear is: "Leicester have scored an early goal" and after that, complete silence. If I paid £20-£30 to go and watch that, I think I might get the feeling - ok, we won but I could have checked the results teletext/ceefax/hobbobobbowhateveritscalled and been equally happy about it.

So I can understand why many season ticket holders, in particular, are concerned with things that I am not, ie playing entertaining football (whatever that is).

Reports coming in that BBC's Ian Stringer has just shat in his pants at the prospect of having to face Nige again.....

Maybe this time round he will deliver a few more goals to go with the solid defending. I think he'll start with better outlets than we've had previously in the form of Nugent, and (hopefully) Beckford.

Why all the talk of hoofball? one of the best city performance i can remember in recent years was away to QPR (on the box). i believe pearson was at the helm. nearly all on the floor and an absolute pleasure to watch.

I've been wondering that as well, I never saw us as a "hoofball" side. In fact, I'd say we have been playing more hoofball this season with Schmeichel than we ever did under NP.

Why all the talk of hoofball? one of the best city performance i can remember in recent years was away to QPR (on the box). i believe pearson was at the helm. nearly all on the floor and an absolute pleasure to watch.
Your right. We were excellent that night and dare I say it, Wellens was top class as was Fryatt. If Nigel does come, I'll be intrigued to know what team he will select. I wonder if he will have much time for the likes of Beckford, Abe, Fernandes and co.

I just hope Fatty Fryatt comes back.

If that happened I think our fans would be die of repetitive strain injuries via the constant singing "Papa's Got a Brand New Pigbag".

All I care about is winning.....

Resist. Must. Resist.

Damn it, I can't.

Yes winning is what it is all about BUT I would like to believe that perhaps I could be entertained once in a while as well.

I've always felt the same but don't you think the fact that we (expat in your case, foreigner only staying in this country temporarily in mine) only get to a couple of matches each season has something to do with that? When I'm listening to the radio, what I want to hear is: "Leicester have scored an early goal" and after that, complete silence. If I paid £20-£30 to go and watch that, I think I might get the feeling - ok, we won but I could have checked the results teletext/ceefax/hobbobobbowhateveritscalled and been equally happy about it.

So I can understand why many season ticket holders, in particular, are concerned with things that I am not, ie playing entertaining football (whatever that is).

Share that view 100%..I imagine me sitting at my desk listening to Stringer and the miserable Scot makes for a much different fan experience than being a regular.

And you are exactly right...all I want is to hear the silly horn play and then the game peter out to nothingness.

Nigel Pearson is set to become the new Leicester City manager, the Mercury understands.
The Hull City manager is believed to be finalising personal terms after the Tigers reluctantly agreed to allow Pearson to hold talks with City after initially rejecting an approach on Sunday. An announcement is expected tomorrow.

Radio Humberside reporter on the moan in saying its a done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670