Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooo, welcome back Nigel!

Happy with that. Beyond O'Neill, he was my preferred target of the names mentioned.

Hopefully he can pick up where he left off! I wouldn't be surprised to see Waghorn recalled (with Vassell out injured it might even make sense to do so).

Wooo, welcome back Nigel!

Happy with that. Beyond O'Neill, he was my preferred target of the names mentioned.

Hopefully he can pick up where he left off! I wouldn't be surprised to see Waghorn recalled (with Vassell out injured it might even make sense to do so).

Why would he recall Waghorn? The strikers we have are a lot better, and I include Schlupp in that. **** it, I even include the 16 year old youfs in that.

Re: Pearson given permission to talk to Leicester

Yes winning is what it is all about BUT I would like to believe that perhaps I could be entertained once in a while as well.

I'm still struggling to recall a manager who was despised by the fans for winning ugly. It just doesn't happen.

People think that all they care about is good football, which is clearly the icing on the cake, but all that matters is results. If we win, we must have scored, and if we've scored, there must be some excitement during the game. Again, I struggle to recall muted celebrations due to an ugly goal.

Realistically we all know that we won't play or even try and play like Barcelona, but given the quality we have at our disposal, there will be certainly be patches of decent football played if we are to move up the league.

Re: Pearson given permission to talk to Leicester

Realistically we all know that we won't play or even try and play like Barcelona.....

Maybe not this month. Maybe not next season. But one day.................

Why would he recall Waghorn? The strikers we have are a lot better, and I include Schlupp in that. **** it, I even include the 16 year old youfs in that.

Because, as I said, Vassell is out injured for a while.

And Pearson clearly rates Waghorn.... as did most people on here when he played under Pearson.

Pearson is 1/3 at Paddy Power. It's like buying money.

Who would've thought it from an Irish bookie? ;)

If I had an account I'd go for it... but I don't have the money to whack a significant enough wedge on it to make it worthwhile!

I've just stuck my month's wages on him coming back at 1/3, so he best come back now.

I see what you mean FF, and as much as I don't want to get into the entertainment v results argument...I want (no expect) both.

Surely it's not blue sky thinking to want your team to win and do it with a certain panache?

Paying £20-30 to watch shit is not for everyone even if you 'grind' out a 1-0. That said it's acceptable sometimes but definitely (for me) should be the exception rather than the rule.

I have to admit to not wanting NP back for those reasons and my fear he may tear up the roots of what we have, but hey ho, I want to be wrong and NP to raise his game and be able to play good attractive winning football. Feck knows we need it.

Alan Young said Danns was to blame for not closing down Clayton. Danns couldn't do a thing right according to Young.

Stringer thought Young was going to give MotM to Mills. He gave it to Bamba.

I actually listened to part of the 2nd half on RL whilst at the match (I wondered if they knew anything about the manager) and the commentary seemed to bear little relation to what I was watching. The Danns bit was a case in point. Plus they went on and on about who was about to come on as a substitute and totally missed the obvious build up to the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669