Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? He has been our outstanding player so far. What else would he need to do to get Pearson's vote to be on the team sheet?
I agree that Bamba has been super this season but I don't think he is a Pearson type defender. I think Nigel prefers a no nonsense centre back that will whack it into row z when required. If he doesn't get dropped I think we'll certainly see a slight change in Bamba's style.

I agree that Bamba has been super this season but I don't think he is a Pearson type defender. I think Nigel prefers a no nonsense centre back that will whack it into row z when required. If he doesn't get dropped I think we'll certainly see a slight change in Bamba's style.

Pearson signed James Chester for Hull, who is not a typical no nonsense defender. He doesn't piss about on the ball like Bamba does, but he's very composed and a good passer of the ball. He'd be a good signing for us.

Pearson signed James Chester for Hull, who is not a typical no nonsense defender. He doesn't piss about on the ball like Bamba does, but he's very composed and a good passer of the ball. He'd be a good signing for us.

This also pretty much describes Tunchev perfectly.

I'm absolutely stoked about this re-appointment. I've been getting so bored and disillusioned about this season and this has gotten me hugely excited and enthusiastic again. So, in that terms, if it is indeed an appointment to appease the fans (as suggested by the fact they they only supposedly approached MON and NP), I've fallen hook, line and sinker for it, haha!

E.I.E.I.E.I.O,
Up the Football League we go.
When we get promotion,
This is what we sing:
"We are Champions!"
"We are Champions!"
Nigel Pearson's king!

:038::038::038::038::038:

I'm absolutely stoked about this re-appointment. I've been getting so bored and disillusioned about this season and this has gotten me hugely excited and enthusiastic again. So, in that terms, if it is indeed an appointment to appease the fans (as suggested by the fact they they only supposedly approached MON and NP), I've fallen hook, line and sinker for it, haha!

E.I.E.I.E.I.O,
Up the Football League we go.
When we get promotion,
This is what we sing:
"We are Champions!"
"We are Champions!"
Nigel Pearson's king!

:038::038::038::038::038:

:icon_eek: Where is the real Prof Rosso??!!

:icon_lol: only kidding ;)

:icon_lol: I was always the optimist when NP was here now I can go back to that.

I'll admit I do have a tendency to get stuck in my ways about certain players and managers and with regards to NP it was always a positive feeling that we could go places.

Last edited:
:icon_lol: I was always the optimist when NP was here now I can go back to that.

I'll admit I do have a tendency to get stuck in my ways about certain/players and managers and with regards to NP it was always a positive feeling that we could go places.

You could be right... I'm just finding this all very odd.

Leicester offer £2m deal to lure Pearson back from Hull as Sven's replacement
By LAURA WILLIAMSON
Last updated at 10:15 PM on 7th November 2011

Nigel Pearson has been offered £1million a year and a £1m bonus to get Leicester City back into the Barclays Premier League.

Hull City have already turned down the Foxes' approach to speak to their ex-manager, but the 48-year-old remains the East Mildlands club's target to replace Sven Goran Eriksson.

Sportsmail understands Pearson, who left Leicester 16 months ago to join Hull, has asked for permission to speak to his former club.

Pearson won the League One title with Leicester in 2009 before taking them to the Championship play-offs the following season.

Leicester's Thai owners also hope to entice Pearson with an £8m kitty to spend in the January transfer window.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-2m-deal-Nigel-Pearson.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669