Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Re: Pearson refused permission to talk to City?

The various media outlets have also been off throughout. No need to believe Sky and their "sources" either.

fitz

Because he falls out with every board he works with and we can't afford to lose the owners. Because people moaned that Sven had no Championship experience; O'Neill hasn't had any for 11 years, during which time it has changed a lot. Because he'd be off at the first Prem offer to come along

Choose one.

Pearson doesn't have the best reputation for getting along with people either. If we had to pick a manager prone to a good fall out I would still rather have MON.

Matt_B

Pearson doesn't have the best reputation for getting along with people either. If we had to pick a manager prone to a good fall out I would still rather have MON.

I'd sooner have neither. I don't know who I do want though.

H T B

Re: Next Leicester manager

Yes I have and I was clearly joking (hence the smiley). Chill yer beans HTB :)

My beans are chilled, it's the tomatoes that are getting warmed up quite nicely, to go on my cheese on toast :)

Hazzman

My personal feeling is that Pearson's choice were for the good of the squad.

A point picked up on the Ferguson coverage yesterday was that nearly everyone of 'trusted players' over the years argued with him. He encourages it to a point.

RHYDAL

Shambles.

I think it will be somewhat embarrasing to have Pearson back.
It would be like behaving badly enough to force your missus to leave, then shacking up with someone else who you decide after a year or so isn't good enough then wanting your original missus back but she's re-married, so you make it public you still fancy her. We ought to be on Jerry Springer

Shamlbes. Who wins out of this - The Lawyers? The Agents? What's the point of a contract?

ThaiSweetChilli

I think it will be somewhat embarrasing to have Pearson back.
It would be like behaving badly enough to force your missus to leave, then shacking up with someone else who you decide after a year or so isn't good enough then wanting your original missus back but she's re-married, so you make it public you still fancy her. We ought to be on Jerry Springer

Shamlbes. Who wins out of this - The Lawyers? The Agents? What's the point of a contract?

Why would it be embarrassing? Stoke did it with Tony Pulis and he has became somewhat of a legend at Stoke, in fact, he reminds me of a slightly less successful version of the O'Neill era at LCFC. If I can remember he went from Stoke to Plymouth and the following year returned to Stoke because of his success at plymouth. They've not had the best start to their season so far but they're in the Europa League

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

Agreed. Another example was Otto Rehhagel who left Werder Bremen for Borussia Dortmund, then after it not going well at Dortmund and a couple of other average jobs, he returned to Werder a few years later where he turned them from second division also rans into one of the best teams in Europe.

I don't agree with the "never go back" moniker and I don't care how embarrassing it looks providing that NP got us results.

Last edited:

RHYDAL

Why would it be embarrassing? Stoke did it with Tony Pulis and he has became somewhat of a legend at Stoke, in fact, he reminds me of a slightly less successful version of the O'Neill era at LCFC. If I can remember he went from Stoke to Plymouth and the following year returned to Stoke because of his success at plymouth. They've not had the best start to their season so far but they're in the Europa League
Harry Redknapp wasn't too shabby either. Won the FA Cup on his second visit the lucky son bitch.

ThaiSweetChilli

Agreed. Another example was Otto Rehhagel who left Werder Bremen for Borussia Dortmund, then after it not going well at Dortmund and a couple of other average jobs, he returned to Werder a few years later where he turned them from second division also rans into one of the best teams in Europe.

I don't agree with the "never go back" moniker and I don't care how embarrassing it looks providing that NP got us results.

MON or NP for me would be great. Don't want Dave Jones or Billy Davies, certainly not the angry Irishman...whatever happens, the board realise how important this appointment is, after all it is their business so I'm sure they'll find someone solid to take over. In RAKSARKSDIKOSDOOVFRNO we trust :)

Micky

I don't see the problem with him coming back (if he does!). He will probably quite a bit better for having the experience at Hull. I'd certainly expect big Nigel to sort out some of the shirkers!

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

Yeah, forgot about Redknapp. Graham Taylor also got back-to-back promotions with Watford in his second spell there. Steve Coppell was successful going back to Palace 3 or 4 times.

Profondo Rosso

Darren Ferguson at Peterborough, the list goes on. Now that I think about it there are probably just as many examples of managers who have been successful going back to a club as there are unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669