Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pearson given permission to talk to Leicester

It'd be horrible for him if he doesn't actually get the job so he must expect to be in with a good chance.

I believe it is common practice for most of the details to have been agreed in principal in advance of 'talks' because Pearson's ability to negotiate a salary dropped the second he pissed on his Hull career.

You mean both games where we played well for a total approx. of 60 mins. The away game being against a Derby side very low on confidence and looking likely for the drop. As per under Sven, as soon as we played quality....we were not good enough.

Take that in comparison to two very solid televised performances against (at the time) top of the table QPR at Loftus Road (who just beat Derby 5-2 with ease) which was as strong as an away performance in years (including a lovely goal for our first) and then top of the table, Newcastle being lucky to get a point off ten-men Leicester. And to top it off, whilst I saw plenty of 'playoff, first leg' performances under Sven...I never saw a battling performance as the second leg.

This is revisionism, pure and simple.

Yes we took our foot off the gas in both games vs Derby and gave them the run around and let them run themselves in to the ground. We were always in control.

This season I don't think we've done too badly against the teams towards the top of the table. Beat Southampton, away point at Boro, spirited performance whilst managerless at W Ham, Beat brighton when they were top (admittedly not looking a GREAT result now), beat Derby when they were on a good run.

I'd argue its more the opposite way round - we've not beaten teams who were there for the taking. Bristol City, Milwall and Leeds are all poor sides we've lost to - and we only got a point v Barnsley.

Small selection I know - but I'm not sure coming up against 'quality' was Sven's undoing...

At least its not Keane, Strachan, Shearer or any of the other jokers touted at one point or another.

Mick McCarthy, Owen Coyle Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers?

Not to mention plenty of others in the past few years: MON, Curbishley, Allardyce, Bruce.

Then there's people who were hired to the PL with only lower league experience rather than getting promoted to it like Moyes.

Simple fact is you have no idea how well he'll do in the PL til he gets there and there is no "recipe" for either success or failure.

Mick McCarthy already had premier league experience with Sunderland and was relegated in his first season, Curbishly got relegated With Charlton first time around, Steve Bruce survived one season with Birmingham before being relegated. He then built on that experience to do a stellar job at Wigan but inherited a good squad at Sunderland.

My point is Managers with little or no premier league experience fail more often than not.

Moyes inherited an established decent Everton squad and what he has done there is nothing short of a miracle on the resources he has but when he became manager, but my point is about teams making the transition not teams that are already there and well equipped to stay there.

This is revisionism, pure and simple.

Yes we took our foot off the gas in both games vs Derby and gave them the run around and let them run themselves in to the ground. We were always in control.

This season I don't think we've done too badly against the teams towards the top of the table. Beat Southampton, away point at Boro, spirited performance whilst managerless at W Ham, Beat brighton when they were top (admittedly not looking a GREAT result now), beat Derby when they were on a good run.

I'd argue its more the opposite way round - we've not beaten teams who were there for the taking. Bristol City, Milwall and Leeds are all poor sides we've lost to - and we only got a point v Barnsley.

Small selection I know - but I'm not sure coming up against 'quality' was Sven's undoing...

I'm sorry but did you go to the Southampton game? That was daylight robbery, a very fortunate result which is hardly one to praise Sven for. Also the Brighton result isn't anything to harp on about-they are an average side who just had a good start to the season. In hindsight they were no better than Leeds were yesterday.

I really don't understand why anyone would be against Pearson returning. He is the best manager we have had in the last 10 years (and that list is a long one!).

Last season says otherwise. The wins you mention are at home which is a requirement for any side looking for promotion.
Exactly- just after that long winning run we played QPR and Cardiff and lost both. Then when we had a last chance saloon game against Reading we lost that too. Says it all.

People seem to forget we never once got into the top 6 under Sven (well as far as I can remember 7th is as high as we got but I stand to be corrected!)

**** it. I am not looking forward to the 'style' of football but at least he isn't Roy Keane, for that reason we should be content.

Mick McCarthy, Owen Coyle Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers?

Not to mention plenty of others in the past few years: MON, Curbishley, Allardyce, Bruce.

Then there's people who were hired to the PL with only lower league experience rather than getting promoted to it like Moyes.

Simple fact is you have no idea how well he'll do in the PL til he gets there and there is no "recipe" for either success or failure.

Owen Coyle didn't have a full season with Burnley so who knows if he'd have kept them up. He then inherited a much better squad at Bolton and kept them up. You can; use Brendan Rogers and Paul Lambert, who are 11 games into their first season. Look where Holloway was after 11 games and where Blacpool ended up.

It's not fair to use them anyway as they play very differently to the Pearson approach, especially Rogers' Swansea.

Mick McCarthy already had premier league experience with Sunderland and was relegated in his first season, Curbishly got relegated With Charlton first time around, Steve Bruce survived one season with Birmingham before being relegated. He then built on that experience to do a stellar job at Wigan but inherited a good squad at Sunderland.

My point is Managers with little or no premier league experience fail more often than not.

Moyes inherited an established decent Everton squad and what he has done there is nothing short of a miracle on the resources he has but when he became manager, but my point is about teams making the transition not teams that are already there and well equipped to stay there.

I would say that is a case of teams getting relegated simply because they aren't good enough, not managerial experience at that level. Either way, it has nothing to do with the managers ability and anything saying NP will likely fail is pure speculation.

**** it. I am not looking forward to the 'style' of football but at least he isn't Roy Keane, for that reason we should be content.

Did you watch us in League One? We were very stylish that season imo and were the top scorers in the country. Only reason he shifted to a more defensive side in the Championship was because he couldn't afford more stylish players, which he now can.

Honestly, this poor football under NP is utter revisionism.

When I've been to job interviews, the line that came back to bug me was, haven't got enough experience in our products etc.
To the point on the umpteenth time, I (politely) asked how am I supposed to get the experience if you don't employ me?
So for those that are saying x,y,or z doesn't have enough experience for the premiership, how are they supposed to get it, or are we just supposed to put up with those that have been there and failed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566