Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By way of being f**king hilarious, that would take some beating.
If he is on some sort of giant revenge wind up, you'd better ban me for a month. And probably Rich too. And Bazzles. Probably would need to stop new registrations for a while 'n' all.
He's just round the corner though.....

John Percy:

Nigel Pearson move to #lcfc in doubt, at this stage. Major issue with compensation - which is around £1m and not 400k as reported

:icon_eek::icon_sad:

This was the smokescreen while the Thai's frantically ran promotion after promotion on their stocks of booze in order to raise the pennies to sate MO'N's desire for the Thai dubloon (or baht if you will - and I assume you will).

Remember, its a man eat dog world out there...

A lot of hate about for something they have no control over. Completely unwarranted

I suspect the wrangling over compo is because we effectively want most of Hull's backroom team with Shakespeare and Walsh plus any sports scientists Nige wants working with him. Either that or all the Thai's still haven't been told no by MON and keep delaying the process in the hope of O'Neill agreeing.

A lot of people in Pearson's position would have resigned by now which is interesting as he either values Hull and wishes them to be appropriately compensated or he's not bothered about moving. However, he's effectively burnt his bridges at Hull; most of all with the players there who are currently playing better than our bunch. Maybe Pearson just has his price and the touted million a year would pretty much be his biggest payday ever. Or maybe there's the romantic that he actually liked it at Leicester City.....a rarity amongst football folk.

A lot of people in Pearson's position would have resigned by now which is interesting as he either values Hull and wishes them to be appropriately compensated or he's not bothered about moving.

In the LM it says "there were unconfirmed reports yesterday that the Hull's Egyptian owners, who have been stung by developments, may even force Pearson to resign."

One of the threads on Hull City AFC forum is called "Nigel Pearson must now go whatever"- Looks like he wasn't keen on Hull its fans or some of the staff at the Club and possibly because of the reasonable start they've had they were happy with NP even if some thought him insolent.
Pearson probably joined Hull City with the best intentions, but just hasn't settled in, and is really indifferent to his current situation, hence his insolent interviews. The Club is not best served with people in key positions who are all the time just waiting for an opportunity to move on elsewhere. Whatever the outcome of his negotiations, Nigel Pearson has now to leave Hull City. It is only the Club's financial interests and possible contractual conditions that speak against Pearson being dismissed instantly.

Right from his first interview, NP clearly was not enamoured of being here. His success was more self serving than club based as he apparently had an eye to boosting his cv before moving on to greener pastures.
It's ironic that the pasture turned out to be the one he just left.

The fact remains however that for quite some time and on various occasions, Pearson said he didn't care what people think. That doesn't seem to me directed at David Burns, but at the public in general. For a person in his position in a company that is essentially dependent upon the local population, I'd say he was insolent. Neither can I grasp why the Club were apparently unable to prevent Pearson being rude.
.....................................................................................................
I can put up with Nigel Pearson not liking Hull or its people, but I think it most uncivil of him to comment as he did with some regularity. That the Club let him continue in that way was quite frankly disrespectful to the people of Hull and ER.
I sat up straight when I heard him say "I couldn't care less what people think", and "people can think what they like", and "I've taken a lot of flack while I've been here" as though many of the local people had treated him badly. I found these comments and others like them offensive and contemptuous, which means insolent.

BBC stating the deal is delayed until Friday...hope Profondo Rosso hasn't got any bills coming out tomorrow

One of the threads on Hull City AFC forum is called "Nigel Pearson must now go whatever"- Looks like he wasn't keen on Hull its fans or some of the staff at the Club and possibly because of the reasonable start they've had they were happy with NP even if some thought him insolent.

I suspect that will be one thing that we will miss about Sven. He had a lot of time for ordinary fans and was always very kind and friendly to everyone. Maybe Top should send Pearson on a Disney 'Meet and Greet' course.

I just had a bottom burp which sounded a little like 'peeaaaaaarsssssssoooooooon'. I think it's a sign.

I'm not coming out until it's over...

charity%20fair%202010%20001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673