Pre Match Leicester v Aston Villa (League Cup semi-final 1st leg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shrug. He’s part of the side that got us here.

If we don't look to improve based on our current position as a club then he'll be part of the side that takes us back where we were.

You can't have 1st choice wingers who miss multiple chances every single game.

By all means, if we can't find a suitable upgrade at the moment then he plays and hopefully improves.

Possibly CL next season, we need finished articles in key positions

I'd suggest Rodgers agrees that Barnes isn't the finished article, considering we've been in for wingers in the summer and again now.

Both wide attack positions are certainly are weakest positions at the moment and where we should be looking to improve most.

Doesn't mean Barnes is a bad player, and I agree with Miles that he's helped in getting us to where we are, but think it's definitely a position we can improve in. I think if we sign another winger this month, it will be Barnes that's benched more regularly than Perez.

Just had a look. There are about 1,800 still in the Family Stand. Over 500 in the Keith Weller/Walkers Hall (all tickets are £50 - with no discounts), and about 400 across everywhere else (almost all singles dotted around).

The issue here is the Family Stand. An 8pm kick off in the week with the game on TV will mean many people with kids will choose not to go. I understand this. However, our club has never found a solution to the evening no show in the Family Stand. So many games - including Liverpool the other week - saw large numbers of empty seats because we have allocated too many to families.

The club made an error not taking out a section of that stand for this game for general fans. If they had done, it would be full.
Yep, totally agree. I'm actually one of those in the family stand and cannot go for this reason (late night weekday). I would go if allowed in on my own, or could upgrade my kids tickets to adults but the club won't let me. Makes no sense to me.

For this i'd go.
Schmeichel
Pereira Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Ndidi
Perez Tielemans Barnes
Maddison
Vardy

Yep, totally agree. I'm actually one of those in the family stand and cannot go for this reason (late night weekday). I would go if allowed in on my own, or could upgrade my kids tickets to adults but the club won't let me. Makes no sense to me.
Do you have any particularly short mates you could take?

Agree though it’s a stupid rule.

We should look to put this tie to bed in the first leg if possible, going hell for leather at them. Because of excellent management, Schmeichel, Pereira, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy have only played one full game in the past 13 days (since Boxing day) and so should be raring to go vs a Villa team that have lost Heaton and Wesley and haven't had the potential to rotate players to anything like the same degree. Players like Konsa, El Ghazi, Grealish, Luiz etc won't be at their best and so we should look to take advantage early doors...

Just had a look. There are about 1,800 still in the Family Stand. Over 500 in the Keith Weller/Walkers Hall (all tickets are £50 - with no discounts), and about 400 across everywhere else (almost all singles dotted around).

The issue here is the Family Stand. An 8pm kick off in the week with the game on TV will mean many people with kids will choose not to go. I understand this. However, our club has never found a solution to the evening no show in the Family Stand. So many games - including Liverpool the other week - saw large numbers of empty seats because we have allocated too many to families.

The club made an error not taking out a section of that stand for this game for general fans. If they had done, it would be full.

The 400 dotted around are almost all gone now (30 left). The demand is clearly there, despite these all only being single seats.

The Family Stand remains available - still about 1,350. As are the £50 seats - still almost 500 of those remain.

So, there are almost two thousand that could easily be sold if the club had the first clue what they were doing. The pricing and/or rules are just wrong.

Another point is does anyone ever see anything from the club promoting matches like this? I've not seen an attempt to encourage non-regular attendees for years. I bet many people don't realise that tickets are available.

The 400 dotted around are almost all gone now (30 left). The demand is clearly there, despite these all only being single seats.

The Family Stand remains available - still about 1,350. As are the £50 seats - still almost 500 of those remain.

So, there are almost two thousand that could easily be sold if the club had the first clue what they were doing. The pricing and/or rules are just wrong.

Another point is does anyone ever see anything from the club promoting matches like this? I've not seen an attempt to encourage non-regular attendees for years. I bet many people don't realise that tickets are available.
All it would take is a short tweet, a link and some of those stupid ****ing emojis of the hands in the air.

Taking into account the selection against Wigan, we left out Fuchs and Iheanacho when surely they'd have played if they weren't going to start this game?

I don't think BR will pick the obvious side. I think he'll have one eye on the Southampton match and want to continue to rotate/protect a bit. I'm expecting something like:

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Ndidi
Praet Maddison
Perez Iheanacho Barnes

Subs: Ward, Justin, Chilwell, Tielemans, Gray, Albrighton, Vardy

Buy the tickets and go to the game no one will check why there's an empty seat next to you

Taking into account the selection against Wigan, we left out Fuchs and Iheanacho when surely they'd have played if they weren't going to start this game?

I don't think BR will pick the obvious side. I think he'll have one eye on the Southampton match and want to continue to rotate/protect a bit. I'm expecting something like:

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Ndidi
Praet Maddison
Perez Iheanacho Barnes

Subs: Ward, Justin, Chilwell, Tielemans, Gray, Albrighton, Vardy

Be stunned if Vards doesn't play. He might play him and Nacho together and go 3 at the back with Fuchs.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to. I believe that unless you are accompanied by a kid, you're refused entry.
They check outside but it's so lapse anyone can get in just stand near a kid in the queue and point at them when asked

Another point is does anyone ever see anything from the club promoting matches like this? I've not seen an attempt to encourage non-regular attendees for years

I have a membership and regularly get emails about tickets.

But they also have a different email address of mine on their mailing list. Most of the stuff I get to that address is trying to sell stuff from the club shop, or trying to sell me stuff from club partners.
The only time they've sent something to that address about tickets this season was for the Wigan game. They should do it every time tickets go on general sale.

I have a membership and regularly get emails about tickets.

But they also have a different email address of mine on their mailing list. Most of the stuff I get to that address is trying to sell stuff from the club shop, or trying to sell me stuff from club partners.
The only time they've sent something to that address about tickets this season was for the Wigan game. They should do it every time tickets go on general sale.

Yep, I never get emails about tickets going on general sale, only club shop merch etc.

If I knew when tickets were going on general sale, I'd be more likely to get them!

Was very tempted reading this about the tickets still available, but I don't have any holiday left from work and it's a lonely journey up to Leicester and back!

You can't move in Manchester without having adverts for Man City tickets shoved in your face.

It's one area where the club is massively behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566