Pre Match Leicester v Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Nugent and Vardy are bang in form with a total of 2 goals from open play in 8 league matches

An important point. Vardy is a much improved player. However, he was made Man Of The Match last week in a game in which he missed a number of chances. This does him no favours. I always felt that some (not all) of the problem with Heskey was that people praised him when he did not score. Psychologically he no longer needed to score. The first job of a striker is to strike. Jimmy Greaves said he never felt he played well unless he scored.

There is a clip of Brian Clough on a training pitch shouting at Kevin Hector "Missing from there you should be bloody shot". I hope that is what Nigel is telling his strikers.

Team for Barnsley

WASILEWSKI
KNOCKAERT

this is all we'll need

I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned the most important thing that has happened in the build up to this game: Jamie Vardy has had a haircut.

I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned the most important thing that has happened in the build up to this game: Jamie Vardy has had a haircut.

Surely he's now had the haircut finished. Never knew you could have a haircut in instalments before.

Krusty the Clown
Ed Winchester
Moppy
Glenn Quagmire
Quiznatodd Bidness
General Melchett
Dr Jan Itor
Duane Dibbley
Wilson
Hermes Conrad
Mark de Vries

Down to 4th after the 1-1 draw between Huddersfield and Blackpool tonight. Huddersfield missed a penalty towards the end of the game. Still a decent result should we win tomorrow :038:

Down to 4th after the 1-1 draw between Huddersfield and Blackpool tonight. Huddersfield missed a penalty towards the end of the game. Still a decent result should we win tomorrow :038:
Ref. Vaughan post in the Ex players thread

Kerchang 3 points to me in Jeff's Prediction Competition
Wow! You're on course for 30!

Edit: Idiot! He said Jeff's not BM's!!!

Edit 2: You beauty! That's 3 points for me in Jeff's prediction competition! Kerchang!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570