Match Thread Leicester v Blackburn - PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point.

Some of these U23s are absolutely awful. Johnson and Knight for example - how many years have we employed those two absolute wasters? Never in a million years are they good enough.

Yep. Nowhere near good enough

I can't, personally, see us making the play-offs with this kind of start to the season.
Hopefully we'll get better instead of worse this season.

Yep. Nowhere near good enough

If City need to save a few quid, give me the training/performance reports on all the U23s/Academy players and I'll ditch two thirds of them inside a week. Save a fortune and nobody would ever notice the difference.

For example, we pick a keeper I've never heard of today instead of Jakupovic who we gave a new contract to a few weeks ago despite his last game being over two years ago. What is the fecking point of that? Either the keeper we play today is good enough to be third choice or he isn't. If he isn't, Jakupovic should have played.

I could go on and on. There is something absolutely useless about our squad management. It's not a criticism of Rodgers as such, it's something that's been wrong for many years.

Thomas got caught under two cross field balla that would both have led to goals in the prem. clear he needs a season as back up to ease him in.
we can only afford 1 of choudhiry, dewsbury or mendy in the team or we will be too slow shiftng the ball. and will be chasing the game as opposed to dictating it.
Gray isnt good enough
we still dont have enough depth at striker
we are clearly a centre half short.

so we didnt learn anything new but a useful exercise.

Thomas got caught under two cross field balla that would both have led to goals in the prem. clear he needs a season as back up to ease him in.

Spot on. He's nowhere near good enough (yet). He flattered to deceive against Sheff Utd. The four times I've seen him since, his performances have been riddled with errors.

Needs a loan somewhere where he'll play every match this season and then we'll see what he's made of.

we can only afford 1 of choudhiry, dewsbury or mendy in the team or we will be too slow shiftng the ball. and will be chasing the game as opposed to dictating it.
Gray isnt good enough

What he said. Learned nothing, gaps in quality we knew about in the team are still there. Week to go and we have bought a right wingback. Erm, okay then. :017:

BN the keeper who played has been fairly highly rated in the U18s for a while, still odd to see him play ahead of Jakupovic though I agree, maybe we were putting the young lad in the shop window for a loan?

Spot on. He's nowhere near good enough (yet). He flattered to deceive against Sheff Utd. The four times I've seen him since, his performances have been riddled with errors.

Needs a loan somewhere where he'll play every match this season and then we'll see what he's made of.

There's a player in there, I've no doubt of that...but he looks lightweight and his defensive positioning needs a lot of work.

If we hadn't sold one of the best left backs in the country without (yet) replacing him, he'd be nailed on for a loan. As it is, we need him in the squad.

BN the keeper who played has been fairly highly rated in the U18s for a while, still odd to see him play ahead of Jakupovic though I agree, maybe we were putting the young lad in the shop window for a loan?

Ah, those magic words 'highly rated'. In my experience, that means feck all. To my knowledge, we have the following keepers although I bet there are more of them:

Schmeichel
Ward
Jakupovic
Iverson (highly rated)
Stolarczyk (highly rated)
Bosworth (highly rated)
Odunze (highly rated)

Gray isnt good enough

I know it's a Saturday but that's some early heavy drinking going on there.

Hello fellow foxes! New poster having returned to the UK after a hefty stint abroad.

Have to say I agree with most posts having watched the game. I don’t want my first post to sound too gloomy, but I’m shocked that the majority of the youngsters on show today are in BR’s plans. Pretty woeful. We are truly short of quality ahead of Sunday.

Ah, those magic words 'highly rated'. In my experience, that means feck all. To my knowledge, we have the following keepers although I bet there are more of them:

Schmeichel
Ward
Jakupovic
Iverson (highly rated)
Stolarczyk (highly rated)
Bosworth (highly rated)
Odunze (highly rated)
It’s Iversen.

Hello fellow foxes! New poster having returned to the UK after a hefty stint abroad.

Have to say I agree with most posts having watched the game. I don’t want my first post to sound too gloomy, but I’m shocked that the majority of the youngsters on show today are in BR’s plans. Pretty woeful. We are truly short of quality ahead of Sunday.
Welcome to the forum mate!

:006:

The Iverson loan is baffling. He should really be backup to Schmeichel, or if he’s not deemed good enough for that then we should have looked to sell him. Another season on loan and then he’s still not going to be in the first team squad. It’s ridiculous. If Schmeichel was to leave or get a long term injury I have no doubt we would buy a replacement and still not use any of the other keepers on the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263