Pre Match Leicester v Bolton Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might think that on the law of averages we are due for a win and Bolton due for a defeat.

Also we know that football is unpredictable - an incident can turn over expectations in any game any time.

However, I am as certain as anyone can be that irrespective of the result of any one game that we are not capable of winning sufficient matches to gain promotion theough the play offs. Its ok saying we can beat anyone on our day - but so can Bristol City or anyone else. The form and momentum that saw us look table toppers or thereabouts as long gone. Team morale must be shattered and we have no one at the helm to lift the club.

A nice 0-0 draw will be fine and dandy for me..

whilst walking away from the ground on Friday night, some bloke walking alongside stated that Bolton would rip us apart on Tuesday, I asked him what he was basing this on and how many times he had seen Bolton play lately? he just put his head down and ignored me.

this seems to sum up the defeatist attitude of many of our fans at the moment.

I could receive a letter tomorrow stating that one of my Premium Bonds has been drawn and that I am a quarter of a million pounds to the good.

No, you couldn't. And even if you could there is no comparison between on event over which you have no control at all and a football match where effort and skill can make a difference to the result. I'm sorry that you can't see the game as a big one but you're not going to change my opinion on the matter.

whilst walking away from the ground on Friday night, some bloke walking alongside stated that Bolton would rip us apart on Tuesday, I asked him what he was basing this on and how many times he had seen Bolton play lately? he just put his head down and ignored me.

this seems to sum up the defeatist attitude of many of our fans at the moment.

I think boltons up and at em style will work in their favour along side that they are top of the form league. We, however are bottom and are playing with zero conviction and tenacity.

It appears a nailed on away win for them. I have no access to form against them so can't even use this.

We keep waiting to turn the corner but unfortunately we are on the M25.

I think boltons up and at em style will work in their favour along side that they are top of the form league. We, however are bottom and are playing with zero conviction and tenacity.

It appears a nailed on away win for them. I have no access to form against them so can't even use this.

We keep waiting to turn the corner but unfortunately we are on the M25.

Wasn't it a nailed on certainty that Brighton would hammer us?

Two one win for us. Boro draw with forest. Play offs with 3 games remaining. BRING IT ON!

Daffy Duck
Donald Duck
Edd the Duck
Duckman
Ferdinand
Howard the Duck
Bitch Duck
Orville
Count Duckula
Lewis T Duck
The duck from Friends

You might think that on the law of averages we are due for a win and Bolton due for a defeat.

Upon investigating said "law", I discovered that if one flips a fair coin 100 times there is only an 8% chance that there will be exactly 50 heads. With such a revelation in mind, it is clear we are going to lose 18-3.

Daffy Duck
Donald Duck
Edd the Duck
Duckman
Ferdinand
Howard the Duck
Bitch Duck
Orville
Count Duckula
Lewis T Duck
The duck from Friends

:icon_lol: Handy Quacks?

Last edited:
Anyone saying we've got no chance of winning this clearly hasn't seen many games in the Championship this year.

No, you couldn't. And even if you could there is no comparison between on event over which you have no control at all and a football match where effort and skill can make a difference to the result. I'm sorry that you can't see the game as a big one but you're not going to change my opinion on the matter.

And quite rightly so. Football is about opinions - and these are subjective. For those who think it's a big game it is a big game.

In my opinion it's a big game for Bolton - but not for us because we have dropped a ridiculous number of points in easier fixtures.

We needed a cushion before these final fixtures and we have completely stuffed it up.

Could i be wrong about this? Of course. But I'm struggling to think of many parallels where we have picked ourselves up from the dead and started sprinting for the line. Tuesday may be the start of a minor miracle. Let's hope so - but i don't suppose too many will be down the bookies today looking for attractive lengthy odds on this occurring.

My forecast is that we will put up some sort of a show against Bolton. Maybe a 1-1 draw - then fold at Palace which will wrap things up and taxi time for Mr Pearson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669