Pre Match Leicester v Bolton Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange Mockery headline "It's Now or Never for Leicester City"

Never ever?

Christ on a bus

Maybe they have been looking at the finances and are working on the principle that the club may fold if it can't get up this year, or maybe it is just a stupid headline.

Call me an optimist (please don´t Maws!), but we´re unbeaten in 2 games that we really deserved to win!
The players should be looking forward to putting Bolton in their place.

I predict third time lucky & a victory putting us back in serious contention for the play-offs.
The momentum generated from tonights victory & (hopefully!) acceptable results in the remaining games, could well see
us on our way:038: COME ON LEICESTER!!

Last edited:
Call me an optimist (please don´t Maws!), but we´re unbeaten in 2 games that we really deserved to win!

I predict third time lucky & a victory putting us back in serious contention for the play-offs.
The momentum generated from tonights victory & (hopefully!) acceptable results in the remaining games, could well see

Take your pills, sit in a dark room for an hour or two and this rash optimism will pass! :icon_bigg I, too, rather fancy us to win tonight but, I believe that it is too little, too late..... (see, gloom is not so difficult).

Not what I said and not what I meant. The parenthesis was an edit presumably by yourself.

I was attempting to suggest that to the odds on getting promoted by the play offs would be so attractive and saying that those who see the Bolton game as a big game for us are quite entitled to that view and they might consider getting down to the bookies to cash in when we are gloriously promoted.

And it might yet happen......but imo we will finish 8th ... and its a good job that pearson and his players didn't implode a couple of monthe earlier or we might be facing a trip back to the Third Division...and all those fabulous real football grounds with real people eating their real pies and mash and only paying half a crown for the pleasure of doing so (all in of course).

Ah - sorry - I mispresumed the bet as being on the immediately preceding "start of a minor miracle" - you were talking about what I would say would be a bloody enormous miracle - enormous odds - I pass!

Sneaky feeling we may win this (Not playoffs). I never bother to go to matches so what do I know though. Oh the glory days ............

Take your pills, sit in a dark room for an hour or two and this rash optimism will pass! :icon_bigg I, too, rather fancy us to win tonight but, I believe that it is too little, too late..... (see, gloom is not so difficult).

Thanks for the advice Old Fox, but I´ve been hiding behind the sofa for 3 weeks now & that has got to be enough for one season!
Full steam ahead & if City don´t make it (again!) this year, we´ll all still support them anyway:056:

You do realise though that if we win tonight we could be back in the playoffs with it in our hands?

I'm only expecting an attendance of a few hundred as clearly our season is already over.:icon_roll

Thanks for the advice Old Fox, but I´ve been hiding behind the sofa for 3 weeks now & that has got to be enough for one season!
Full steam ahead & if City don´t make it (again!) this year, we´ll all still support them anyway:056:

Well said, Sir: I've got a lump in my throat as I read your missive.

You do realise though that if we win tonight we could be back in the playoffs with it in our hands?

Surely not!! (Runs off to check the table) By golly Sir, you're correct! How much do you think our Premier League season ticket will be?

A play-off place is already in our own hands. We do not have to be in a place-off place for that to be so.

I think you will turn the corner this evening and get back in play off spots.The general standard is poor and your players imo are the best chasing the 6th spot.
I have just renewed my season ticket.There is a queue of PREM club people buying season tickets.I want to go up but it will be hilarious if we don"t and the glory hunters have bought into another glamour season in the Championship.
We are hoping to clinch the title in the last match against Ridley Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670