Match Thread Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish British football media were more like the Italian media, if a manager kept picking a defensive system at home to teams they should beat and losing they would have gotten a grilling over their stupidity, ours don't even ask anything on those lines

Andy Townsend, is there a more lazy pundit, going on the "if Vardy gets injured" trope ...
Well what if he does? Probably give a Brenda the chance to stick Amartey in as a 4th CB.

I’m not going to say it’s shit, I’m not going to call Brenda a twat and I’m not predicting a defeat...

But I just do not get it. I don’t get what he’s driving at with these team selections, it doesn’t seem to make any use of our best assets. I’m not having it that it’s because players are missing, we’re shoehorning Fuchs and Albrighton in to fill that formation and playing Maddison in a role that he rarely does anything in. It’s way over my head.

Squad management. It's necessary because we can't manage this schedule without making plenty of changes. I now fully expect Barnes/Under etc. to start on Wednesday. It's nothing to do with what his best line up is, it's about getting through games without knackering your best players through overplaying.

Well what if he does? Probably give a Brenda the chance to stick Amartey in as a 4th CB.
but what if Kane gets injured at Spurs, people don't go on about it in the same way, same for Bruno at Man Utd etc...

Just annoys me instead of talking about how good we have been they waffle on about that, its not like he has a history of injuries either.

It’s all so random as well.

Mendy comes in from nowhere at the end of last season. Amartey and Slimani came in from nowhere earlier this season. Perez has gone from not being able to even make the PL squad and not getting a game in the Europa League to being a regular starter overnight.

Fully expect Demarai Gray to start the next match.

Mendy comes in from nowhere at the end of last season. Amartey and Slimani came in from nowhere earlier this season. Perez has gone from not being able to even make the PL squad and not getting a game in the Europa League to being a regular starter overnight.

Gray? no chance we jeopardise his move to Spurs ...

Reckon we'll score a few here. At least 2 from corners n all.

Under not playing. ****ing foolish decision.

Team was to be expected. Dull, unadventurous and without any bite whatsoever. Got a cracking 0-0 written all over this one... if we are lucky.

Squad management. It's necessary because we can't manage this schedule without making plenty of changes. I now fully expect Barnes/Under etc. to start on Wednesday. It's nothing to do with what his best line up is, it's about getting through games without knackering your best players through overplaying.
I’m sorry BN but that’s bullshit and I think you know it is.

Completely understand the need for rotation with our schedule, but why wouldn’t be play the likes of Fuchs and Albrighton in a dead rubber against Athens midweek? He clearly thinks what he’s serving up today is his best lineup.

It's absolutely not random. If anything, it's the opposite of random. BR is being incredibly consistent in selecting fresher players and rotating between midweek/weekend selections. Tonight's line up was exactly what anyone who has been paying attention would have expected.

Tonight's line up was exactly what anyone who has been paying attention would have expected.
Oh don’t get me wrong, tonight’s line up is exactly as expected.

That’s half the worry.

Squad management is why Under has yet to start a league game for us? Squad management is why Fuchs who has looked out on his feet in recent games is being picked over a young full back in Thomas in our normal system?

So can we expect to see a more positive formation and team selection over the next four (tough) games?

I get that’s he’s needs to make allowances for fatigue but he’s dicing with dropping winnable points by being negative. Just taking Albrighton out of that side for example and putting another winger on the pitch would make a massive difference in my opinion.

Like I said, I’m not saying it’s shit. I know nothing about most of the other sides in the league and how they play. I just don’t personally understand this back three and a defensive midfielder thing.

I’m sorry BN but that’s bullshit and I think you know it is.

Completely understand the need for rotation with our schedule, but why wouldn’t be play the likes of Fuchs and Albrighton in a dead rubber against Athens midweek? He clearly thinks what he’s serving up today is his best lineup.

This. If under couldn't play both games then he should be playing the league game not the feckin intertoto.

Boring management is why Under has yet to start a league game for us? Boring management is why Fuchs who has looked out on his feet in recent games is being picked over a young full back in Thomas in our normal system?

Pretty much

Absolute ****ing bollocks, that is

He’s either completely ****ing blind or completely ****ing stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573